• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to recommend Hatoful Boyfriend to you now.

2244470-pigion_.png

hohoXD123

But that's not the point, is it? Supposedly the PC port was a success for them and in return for supporting them like dumb lemmings we don't get a release date for DS 2 on PC, so we funded the consoles versions for nothing.

Fuck Namco and FROM software.

Urgh. From ported the game over to PC after fan requests and they didn't have much experience at the time with PC ports, hence the whole shitty port problem which they promised to address for the second game. You have no idea why the PC port is being released after the console ports, so I don't know why you're using that to base your pointless rant on.

I didn't buy anything on the last Steam sale as I felt like I'd had enough of them for a bit and hardly anything ran well on my laptop.

But...

Now I've built a brand new PC and want more games! Annoyingly, one of the games I really want is Dark Souls, but it's £20 and it was just £4 in the last Steam sale so I can't bring myself to buy it... :-(

I would either wait for the next time the price is inevitably reduced, or try and use keys/paypal to get it from someone reliable on here or on steamtrades or something.

So I'm going to be three weeks in Australia starting next week and I have no idea how I'll buy games from there with their shitty prices and censored games :(

Thanks for the game The_Super_Inframan!

One of which is mine. Just a very charming little game that is a quick experience (roughly an hour or so) with a lot of beautiful artwork all throughout the game with a sense of a children's story give or take the macabre surprises. It's the type of point and click adventure perfectly suited when you just have a little amount of time and want to beat something or a palate cleanser

Thanks for the impressions!

Parsnip

Seems like Indiegala keys aren't showing up on my profile. I guess it's lagging a bit again.

Ah, no. I just set Windows to cycle through 50 or so different backgrounds which keeps things interesting, although with how I have it set the window borders constantly change colors as well so I might disable that option. Is quite nice how the desktop background can be used for the metro interface as well now.

I use text on the taskbar icons, and that white text is hard to read on most of the default colors. But if I darken the color, then the black titlebar text becomes unreadable. I can't win! :D

Time to browse dA, I bet there are a bunch of themes there.

Damn, you had to drop that name in there...pretty tempted to try it now. How long is it?

It depends on how fast you read I suppose, but it takes about 3 or 4 hours a route(relationship with a girl) plus add 30 minutes to make up for the times you act like an asshole and get a gameover or die.

Turfster

Daily DCS World DLC 75% off
Weeklong
  • Rise of Flight 50% off
  • Neighbours from hell 75% off
  • Still Life Bundle xx% off
  • NASCAR 2013 75% off
  • Cthulhu Saves the World + Breath of Death 66% off
  • Grotesque Tactics pack 75% off
  • Space Trader 90% off
  • Jagged Alliance 2 Gold 75% off
  • Disciples II Gallean's Return & Rise of Elves 75% off
  • Ghost master 75% off
  • Avadon 75% off
  • Arena Wars 2 75% off
  • Naval Warfare 60% off
  • Renegade Ops 75% off
  • Axis Game Factory Premium 50% off
  • Salvation Prophecy 50% off
  • Winter Voices Complete 60% off
  • WRC 4 50% off
  • Postal 2 75% off
  • Time Gentlemen & Ben There, Dan That 90% off

_hekk05

Banned
Damn, you had to drop that name in there...pretty tempted to try it now. How long is it?

When you play it, remember it was made by 4chan.

Which one should I check?

Probably a dumb question but I won' t have problems if I activate US games in Australia right?

Just find some random free VPN. Spotflux works fine. As long as the VPN is active, its like you're still in the states! (Except for everything trying to kill you)

_hekk05

Banned
And when you remember it was made by 4chan you will be completely blown away at the seriousness and quality this game delivers. Completely opposite from 4chan.

Magic sometimes happen at 4chan. They really did a great job on it. Not perfect, but pretty great. I still browse /b/ sometimes for lulz

Terra_Ex

I see steamGAF has gone into HentaiGAF mode again...

And why aren't the individual episodes of Winter voices discounted? FFS, I only need the last one and I'm pretty sure it was only meant to have 5 parts originally, the 6th one (and complete) materialised after I bought the first 5 episodes. Ugh...
I have yet to play Winter Voices beyond the first two battles.

Anteater

I feel everyone here must experience Katawa Shoujo at least on one route. It's FREE.

If you get FEELS from To the Moon, then you'll be absolutely destroyed by Katawa Shoujo.

I tried playing it but that Shiina Mikado chick was annoying, and there were no dialogue options to tell her to go away. But maybe that's the point, I'll feel bad about her when I get to the end.

I tried playing it but that Shiina Mikado chick was annoying, and there were no dialogue options to tell her to go away. But maybe that's the point, I'll feel bad about her when I get to the end.

As you get deeper into the route for each character you start hanging out more with them and their group, luckily pushing Shiina aside(unless you go for Shiina or Shizune)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact: I've never played a dating sim. I just nod along when steamGAF goes on about them.
I considered playing a dating sim as 2nerd4me when I was younger and would silently judge others who did like a crotchety old housewife. But then I had a fateful encounter with hatoful boyfriend

Also I played persona 3, so I guess that counts too

hohoXD123

All this talk of feels games...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

To The Moon -- MB-5E7709431B5CF8EF - Taken by ashecitism. 1 entrants total.

t1392057337z1.png

I still have the game installed, I'll try getting further in but god damn.

You can cheat on Shizune with Misha which was pretty hot :3 Shizune and Shiina are definitely the worst characters, with Shiina being very annoying and Shizune being deaf and mute which is fine but I found the relationship progression very unbelievable. Rin's story is by far the best, and I thought it did a really great job of presenting a character with some mental stability issues that unlike most games of this nature you can't magically cure. You just come to terms with them and work with her, very powerful stuff.

_hekk05

Banned
You can cheat on Shizune with Misha which was pretty hot :3 Shizune and Shiina are definitely the worst characters, with Shiina being very annoying and Shizune being deaf and mute which is fine but I found the relationship progression very unbelievable. Rin's story is by far the best, and I thought it did a really great job of presenting a character with some mental stability issues that unlike most games of this nature you can't magically cure. You just come to terms with them and work with her, very powerful stuff.

I know people who will fight you if they hear your opinions on Shizune
but I agree. Rin is best.

Anyway I'm out. Need to wake in 6 hours.

Nabs

Cthulhu Saves the World now has trading cards. Sounds like it's time for Cthulhu's Angels.

Here's a bigger Ikaruga pic:

capsule_616x353.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom