• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

Torn on the DCS DLC.

I have the DC A-10 vanilla. I love warthogs, but the DCS version I couldn't keep in the air. Is the Flaming Cliffs one more accessible?

How is the Su-25?

Here is 50 cents well spent.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Space Trader: Merchant Marine -- MB-290C72F88DF8BACF - Taken by r3n4ud. 2 entrants total.

t1392058372z1.png

Oh I've been wanting to get this game! Can I buy 2 copies of it by any chance? ...and is this exclusive to US or EU countries only?

You will need to complete two purchases, but yes you can buy 2 copies. If you want to gift one away (so that your friend has access to both the DRM-free download and Steam) the code you get to redeem can be used at http://shinyloot.com/redeem.

It's also not exclusive to anywhere. None of ShinyLoot's games are region locked, and prices are the same worldwide.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
thanks for the clarification.

the game is apparently cut in germany...
we usually don't get cut content here in austria, and the game isn't even german dubbed. what would be the reason to do that :(

EDIT: wait I think I misunderstood. If I buy a ROW copy (which I'd assume is uncut) I can activate it on my austrian account/IP?

You're probably aware of this by now, but, yes, ROW subs by their nature are region-free.

Probably a dumb question but I won' t have problems if I activate US games in Australia right?

The amount of games that have region-locked US (retail; activation only) subs are very few. From memory there's Dead Island, Inversion, Mafia 2 and Saints Row 4.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is only $3.99 in Australia.

Any AusGAFs feel like helping me out? I can Paypal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd recommend everybody even remotely interested in Survival Instinct pick it up at some point within the next week, because being an Acti-published licensed game it has a very real chance of disappearing come 2015... not to mention 80% off is highly unlikely to happen again.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished that How To Survive. Its basically an isometric zombie survival game where you start off as a character who has crash landed on an island and to get away from the area you need make your way across 5 smallish islands, doing various quests, killing zombies etc. The big thing is the crafting where you have to craft all your items. You get a few things like medkits but most of the time you have to collect/harvest/make everything you use. If you don't like/are fed up with zombies then it won't change your mind but I enjoyed it a lot overall, was a bargain for £3. There's 3 characters to choose from but I probably won't play it again for a while, their skills trees don't look that different from each other. Theirs also an ironman mode and a challenge mode too. Ended up putting in nearly 17 hours into until I finished. You can finish the game much quicker than that but I was enjoying messing about and investigating all the island.

Definitely a recommend anyway. There's online coop but apparently it keeps the players within the same area/same screen, rather than truly free coop. Not tried it myself but it sounds a lot like Dungeon Siege 3s implementation. (which I hated)

jshackles

I'd recommend everybody even remotely interested in Survival Instinct pick it up at some point within the next week, because being an Acti-published licensed game it has a very real chance of disappearing come 2015... not to mention 80% off is highly unlikely to happen again.

This was my thinking. Plus, for less than the cost of a Whopper from Burger King, I might fire it up at some point just to see what all the hate is about / laugh at it for a few minutes.

Anteater

I'm liking lords of shadow, just kind of hate the split paths, path A for item, path B for story progression. Game looks pretty too.

I was kind of in the same boat. I thought it was a good story and happy about the ending, but was a little disappointed given the hype/feels people gave the game here.

yea I did find the story interesting, wouldn't mind playing a sequel

Anteater

You guys are the worst!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
OMG, like the shit cherry on top of the shit sundae, The Walking Dead Survival Instinct has a TM symbol in its Steam library name.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok have gotten to the point where I kind of dread xeno 2's combat

it's not terribly awful but it's very formulaic and most boss fights feel the same, which is kind of disappointing since boss fights in xeno 1 were pretty damn cool

story also got pretty watered down ever since second cd started

it's still no dmc2 but I wouldn't mind this ending soon so I can get on with xeno 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom