• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Speaking of Spelunky -- those shopkeepers... holy fuck. I watched one the other day get eaten by a man eating plant, bust out of it and destroy it and STILL take 3 shotgun blasts to drop. They're ridiculous.
They're the embodiment of the wise old martial artist.

Thought I'd ask here as well as having a thread, but has anyone got good recommendations for mice and keyboards?

Don't get a steelseries 7G, the build quality is kinda shockingly bad for the space bar.

Salsa

fotod4c5b.png

believe

I miss double monitors tho

Anyone here from Australia Im looking to get a copy of Walking Dead Survival Instinct, how is it only on sale in australia is it a price error or something

DocSeuss

Woah, Amazon gifted me some game codes. I might be passing them on here after I check to make sure my friends have 'em.

Last week it was like "how can I afford to replace my failing shoes?" and "oh my god life is so bad I want to kill myself" and now... well, this the best day of my life since that time I qualified for food stamps! :D

My life is so bad, but I'm genuinely happy for the first time in a very long while. Really humbled by how good people can be at times.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Man, playing Lords Of Shadow at 60fps is so fucking nice. I'm still not used to it, even though it was a few years ago since I last played I'm not used to the combat feeling this responsive.

Man, playing Lords Of Shadow at 60fps is so fucking nice. I'm still not used to it, even though it was a few years ago since I last played I'm not used to the combat feeling this responsive.

Yeah, it's really nice to have the combat feel so fluid. Plus the game is gorgeous so downsampling adds to that. Although I will say I don't remember the 360 version running quite as bad as many say it is. Mirror of Fate (3DS) on the other hand was vomit inducing, and was 15 FPS most of the time in combat.

Hinomura

Good luck, Gaffers!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-DFBED12AF5867AC2 - Taken by Myshkin. 5 entrants total.
Aerena Clash of Champions -- MB-605137F72A7B7751 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.
Archon Classic -- MB-BE13451BBB6B3033 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.
Astro Tripper -- MB-A7C688DE143E7274 - Taken by Teppic. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
BasketBelle (Desura) -- MB-8808D7586218FADD - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 1 entrants total.
Beast Boxing Turbo -- MB-9A4B6E38F3784615 - Taken by trailmix16. 13 entrants total.
Booster Trooper -- MB-9A5E618D3C119217 - Taken by bkw. 5 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-9F16A12036C06A11 - Taken by nicjac. 34 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-CEEAC9423FC74C5A - Taken by Purkake4. 15 entrants total.
Finding Teddy -- MB-B7C0D327F18B160E - Taken by Kifimbo. 10 entrants total.
Gish -- MB-9BD5781033B0CBDC - Taken by Hesemonni. 3 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-8AE62C5285E4E353 - Taken by DexterPepper. 3 entrants total.
Gnomoria -- MB-010F194FDB78D41B - Taken by nexen. 6 entrants total.
Hamlet -- MB-4D700619C497719E - Taken by Soule. 8 entrants total.
Hoard -- MB-78A4253663EF0A21 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-AEB2C70366F801A9 - Taken by skullmuffins. 13 entrants total.
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 -- MB-BCC1173E15306D0E - Taken by KageZero. 4 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-1D382D21755E7656 - Taken by Evrain. 5 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines Spearhead Edition -- MB-775C4C0DC73841A4 - Taken by Natty1. 12 entrants total.
Love -- MB-9FCC91601D00456C - Taken by Darth Kupi. 16 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Millennium A New Hope (Desura) -- MB-6BE86AF3594DCCFE - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-546455654E039089 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 22 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2 -- MB-9F21D06DC1C051CE - Taken by Vazduh. 11 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-0443E1C94D59F1C0 - Taken by fernandes. 24 entrants total.
Rush Bros. -- MB-63E2051E63DF4FDA - Taken by adriano999. 6 entrants total.
Sang Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-E2F14789EE8D1B6C - Taken by Ogedai_Khan. 20 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol -- MB-7BE23285CE5AA660 - Taken by Baha. 3 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Ace Patrol Pacific Skies -- MB-B1673FDD1945E6FA - Taken by Kiru. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization V -- MB-91A5AD503F755E98 - Taken by Freedom = $1.05. 9 entrants total.
Sideway New York -- MB-FBFA00613E2736D0 - Taken by tuseday. 4 entrants total.
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-6B924923A07C76EF - Taken by confuziz. 11 entrants total.
Strike Suit Zero -- MB-AE5D5EB11A7214CB - Taken by Oreoleo. 20 entrants total.
Tropico 4 Steam Special Edition -- MB-725B64EC849C53DA - Taken by user237. 21 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-80449A1F5FD2D63F - Taken by The Dear Leader. 14 entrants total.

t1392078938z1.png

Backlogger

Lol, the reviews on The Walking Dead™: Survival Instinct are pretty bad. Not sure I want to spend $4 on it just to increase the game count by 1.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, it's really nice to have the combat feel so fluid. Plus the game is gorgeous so downsampling adds to that. Although I will say I don't remember the 360 version running quite as bad as many say it is. Mirror of Fate (3DS) on the other hand was vomit inducing, and was 15 FPS most of the time in combat.

Yep, the art is beautiful and it just looks so nice. Slaying monsters in those environments is a joy on the PC :) I'll probably play through this on easy just to get through it and the DLC (i rinsed it on 360) and then play Mirror Of Fate on PS3 and then Lords Of Shadow 2 on PC. I'd prefer Mirror Of Fate on PC but I don't think that's happening anytime soon. Saying that, I say I'll play all these and then I'll get distracted by something else all shiny :p

Lol, the reviews on The Walking Dead™: Survival Instinct are pretty bad. Not sure I want to spend $4 on it just to increase the game count by 1.

I'd still give it a go, some of my most hated games were reviewed well by critics so it doesn't necessarily mean you'll hate it. Saying that £6 is taking the piss in the UK, don't fancy spending that.

mannerbot

Oh gosh this is my typical scenario "BANG -> impaled" of whenever I find a shotgun. :'(

You can hold forward while you shoot to negate most of the recoil, or shoot from a rope. The recoil also adds one tile to your jump height if you jump + shoot simultaneously.

jmizzal

I didnt know there games on steam that dont show Controller support but has it

Like Mirror's Edge doesnt show controller support but I have it on Origin and it does work with a 360 controller

nexen

I didnt know there games on steam that dont show Controller support but has it

Like Mirror's Edge doesnt show controller support but I have it on Origin and it does work with a 360 controller

There are lots and lots of them, actually.
That icon isn't really about vanilla controller support it is about 'does it support controller well enough for Steam BPM'.
In my experience that primarily means being able to get from BPM into and out of the game without ever having to touch the keyboard or mouse.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.

I just want to try it, just because I'm really curious as to how bad it must play.

The delay the new Spelunky-patch introduced is pretty nasty. Luckily, there's no delay in windowed mode but problem is windowed mode is not borderless window mode :/

The_Monk

Stump, if you are reading this I would like a review from you from The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct after you finish it in the same style as your Aliens: Colonial Marines review.

Salsa

I hate techlands shitty engine and how it automatically has microstuttering if you're playing with a mouse, but none if you play with a controller

how is that a thing that happens

ie: I started playing Gunslinger (but I remember the same issue from Dead Island)

The delay the new Spelunky-patch introduced is pretty nasty. Luckily, there's no delay in windowed mode but problem is windowed mode is not borderless window mode :/

There programs that can make games in windowed mode borderless, I think its called Borderless Gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom