• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teddy Bears!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Finding Teddy -- MB-0E399AD63169979D - Taken by Firehead. 12 entrants total.

t1392082675z1.png

Tenrius

Yeah, I know, I just want to play it now, though! Are those keys sites not really dodgy?

I can't attest to all of them, but I used a particular one several times in the past and never had a problem with it. I also recommended it to a particular regular poster at one point for getting a key for another obscure Steam sub he wanted, and he apparently also had a good experience with it. We can't post links to those sites here though, because they were banned after some big confusion that happened in the past, so I won't post it lol.

I think hohoXD123 was speaking about trading for TF2 keys though, not purchasing CD keys. That's the safest way to get games aside from purchasing them from the Steam store, because you can just reverse the trade if something goes awry. Just search for it on steamtrades, somebody's bound to be selling a copy.

I can't attest to all of them, but I used a particular one several times in the past and never had a problem with it. I also recommended it to a particular regular poster at one point for getting a key for another obscure Steam sub he wanted, and he apparently also had a good experience with it. We can't post links to those sites here though, because they were banned after some big confusion that happened in the past, so I won't post it lol.

I think hohoXD123 was speaking about trading for TF2 keys though, not purchasing CD keys. That's the safest way to get games aside from purchasing them from the Steam store, because you can just reverse the trade if something goes awry. Just search for it on steamtrades, somebody's bound to be selling a copy.

I think I'm best leaving it and waiting for a sale. I just wish I'd bought more recent games at the last Steam sale (I had a Macbook at the time - can't run much!).

Myshkin

Thanks for 1953 - I'll duck and cover while playing it.
Impressive giveaway.

Oops: product code not valid. easy come, easy go.
OopsOops: Oh I see it's for Desura. But it says that it's actually for
the game The Body Changers, and that it's already been activated by you.

And the case of the missing key is solv-ed. Thanks for figuring it out, Hinomura.

Turfster

I think the developers of Takedown: Red Sabre are desperate. They just pushed it out on the New Releases list.

I don't think that's going to stop most of the protest tho, since it was 10 cents or whatever, and a lot of people that bought it because it was so cheap will still rage at them =p

Tenrius

I think I'm best leaving it and waiting for a sale. I just wish I'd bought more recent games at the last Steam sale (I had a Macbook at the time - can't run much!).

You sure about that? The next sale might be in quite a while and it's still not clear what happens to Dark Souls after MS kills GFWL. Meanwhile, there is a bunch of people who are willing to trade for TF2 keys: http://www.steamtrades.com/forum/zB...souls-arma-ii-sang-froid-more-w-keystf2-items. Those listings are pretty old, but seeing that they are still up, I'd say it's worth it to ask around if they still have the game. The trading process typically works like this: you buy TF2 keys from the in-game TF2 store and then trade them for the game you want. It's simple and secure.

That's what I would have done, anyway.

Tenrius

So, is Space Trader any good? It's hard to say no at 10 roubles ($0.3, it's also $0.5 in the US) though. Especially since it's a space game, which is something I have cravings for on a regular basis.

Tenrius

In the meantime, Stump has already unlocked as much as 5 achievements in The Walking Dead™: Survival Instinct. I hope he's enjoying it lol.

yuraya

I gotta admit this "Recently updated" section is a great addition to the client. Really liking it so far. I would off probably never knew what devs are doing with their games because having to look up n research each individual game is just a pain in the ass. This is great and fun just to read. Thumbs up Gaben.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not feeling it for Castlevania Lords of Shadow. It's not a bad game, but I'm finding the camera incredibly annoying, and the lack of exploration too. I feel way too restricted, and the platforming isn't much fun either.

I hope it gets better later on, because I'm at the second level of chapter 2 and don't feel like playing all of it, especially since I've heard it's a long game. Think I'm gonna start Arkham City now.

Tenrius

Kentucky Route Zero Act III Progress Update!

Summary: the acts are definitely coming out, no release dates announced because they don't want to have a deadline they likely won't be able to meet.

One piece that grew larger in scale than we expected it to is the interlude between acts II and III, “The Entertainment.” But even though it demanded a lot more of our time and attention that we anticipated, we’re very happy with how it came out. “The Entertainment” is at least as important a component of the Kentucky Route Zero project as any other, which should become more clear when Act III comes out …

Without getting into any spoilery detail, Act III is *significantly* more involved than the first two acts. We knew this coming into it, based on our narrative outline of the game. There are also components of it that grew in scale beyond our expectation, but we feel they’re worth the time and effort.

KrzAct3_Promo_Half.png

When was The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena removed from Steam? I own the game on Steam already, but I went to the store page to read the user reviews and discovered it was gone.

DukeBobby

Played 16 minutes of Takedown: Red Sabre.

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta can breathe a sigh of relief. It is no longer the worst game ever.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Kind sir, would you be able to assist with my quest to own this Survival Instinct too? I have Paypal, but the game is £6 here, as opposed to the silly AUD pricing.

PM me if you still need help.

When was The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena removed from Steam? I own the game on Steam already, but I went to the store page to read the user reviews and discovered it was gone.

Last April.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I was checking out my library, seeing the last time I played all my games, and discovered this:
1779060_750247988321047_425599922_n.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_epoch

Most computer use cases store dates as a number. The number they use is basically the number of seconds that have passed since the beginning of time. They do this so you can easily do math on dates, like how one minute passing is a difference of 60 seconds. But, basically, for this to be possible, they need to pick a certain time to be "the beginning of time". The exact date chosen was January 1st, 1970, at midnight GMT.

As a result, when the computer has a date stored as "0", 0 seconds since the beginning of time, code that changes it back into a human readable date gives you...

my spare key is another man's backlog filler

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Psychonauts -- MB-0D7E5C0533BD5EF1 - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.

t1392091358z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom