• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Batman: Arkham City is more like it! I'm starting to feel it now.

This is gonna be awesome, I know it. Sorry Woo and Indeed Who, but I loved Arkham Asylum, and this seems to be a worthy sequel :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I know I can seem overly lucky, since I have won plenty of games around here, but times like this are when that luck balances out. 12 entries and 0 wins, some of them with only me vs 1 other guy. The game of chance is truly one of continual mass entry until success.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No need to feel bad, it is a pretty good game.
Oh no, I'm not feeling bad at all! I said that in reference to my previous post: "I'm not feeling it for Castlevania Lords of Shadow."

And the apology to Woo and Indeed Hoo was a bit of a joke, because I had recommended him that game in the past, and he ended up not liking it.

TBH, I thought City was a fair bit better game than Asylum.
I'd settle for it to have the same quality level. Being better would be the icing on the cake.

I just beat Binary Domain, I think I got the best ending possible.
Cain lives, Bo survives.
What a great little game, blowing hordes of robots into chunks of metal never stopped being gratifying. The bizarre dialogue system they had led to some idiosyncrasies...
Bad guy: "You're a traitor to your species!" Me: "Piece of cake!"
... Ultimately it was pretty charming and didn't detract from a pretty solid story (which was apparently headed by the great Tom Jubert). Great game, definitely worth the few dollars I bought it for last Steam sale.

Levyne

Banned
Huh, didn't realize that game had multiple endings, but I guess I'm not surprised. I enjoyed my ending though.

Bo died, didn't care about him, and he was a traitor to boot, so blaaah.

derExperte

I know I can seem overly lucky, since I have won plenty of games around here, but times like this are when that luck balances out. 12 entries and 0 wins, some of them with only me vs 1 other guy. The game of chance is truly one of continual mass entry until success.

Or everyone has blocked you. :p

I stopped winning anything a while ago too.

zkylon

zkylewd
Huh, didn't realize that game had multiple endings, but I guess I'm not surprised. I enjoyed my ending though.

Bo died, didn't care about him, and he was a traitor to boot, so blaaah.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

you don't like big bo

you're dead to me

We need to talk about Double Dragon Neon.

header_292x136.jpg

The game itself rules, but the co-op is in desperate need of a patch. For a good chunk of the game, everything was going fine, but as my co-op bud and I got to the last third of the game, it became a trainwreck of input lag, animation glitches, and at one point the camera refused to move forward, requiring us to restart the level. It also really enjoys crashing, when faced with some of these issues.

The biggest bummer was my dying at the final boss. The game still counted me as alive (just with 0 health), which didn't allow for me to steal a life, and respawn. He finished the battle on his own, and as the credits rolled, the boss music continued playing, drowning out the cool credits music. Then when the logo popped up before a post-credits stage, the game crashed for both of us. We replayed the level, and at points my character just wasn't animating at all, on my screen. We re-fought the boss (with me surviving this time), but the boss music still spilled over the credits song.

It was interesting to note that the developer that ported the game to PC only has one name under "Tester", which I imagine would things hard when testing co-op mode...

So if you're going into it with co-op in mind, those are some things to consider. It's definitely fun co-op though, and you may have a different experience. Just wanted to share.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, nice, I can redeem my Loadout Absolute Badass Pack now. I was just about to submit a ticket to Valve requesting that the game be removed from my account, but on a whim I decided to try redeeming the gift again just in case the devs had removed the ignore flag on the DLC, which they have.

Backlogger

I couldn't find an active uPlay thread (does one even exist?) so I thought I should ask here. Has anyone ever changed their screen name on uPlay? They are claiming they can do it, but that I *might* lose my saved games but that my achievements and rewards should be fine.

Has anyone ever done this before? Seems like if I have local save files that uPlay would just re-upload them to the cloud if they were deleted from there.

Thanks, JaseC. I feel dirty.

--

I'm really tempted to write a review for Spelunky that reads something like:

"Spelunky does for Convenience Store Robbery Simulators what GTA3 did for Murder Simulators."

JaseC

I couldn't find an active uPlay thread (does one even exist?) so I thought I should ask here. Has anyone ever changed their screen name on uPlay? They are claiming they can do it, but that I *might* lose my saved games but that my achievements and rewards should be fine.

Has anyone ever done this before? Seems like if I have local save files that uPlay would just re-upload them to the cloud if they were deleted from there.

I haven't done it, and don't know of anybody who has, but I'd guess the reason Ubi says your saves might disappear (some of them or all of them) is that either they're tied to your username rather than an account id, or usernames and account ids are interlinked and Ubi can't change one without altering the other also (though this in particular would affect all of them).

JaseC

only JaseC would buy a free2play game

Haha, on a related note I've been toying with the idea of e-mailing the devs of F2P games on Steam that have subs specific to the apps and asking them for keys. I'm not entirely sure if my game count would actually go up, though, since the apps are already in sub 0.

How do you even buy it? Buy the in-game currency?

I bought the game during Early Access but couldn't redeem the gift until now:

Oh, nice, I can redeem my Loadout Absolute Badass Pack now. I was just about to submit a ticket to Valve requesting that the game be removed from my account, but on a whim I decided to try redeeming the gift again just in case the devs had removed the ignore flag on the DLC, which they have.

I already "owned" the Loadout app at the time because I snagged a beta key some months ago and they didn't expire.

JaseC

how come jazz jackrabbit is not on steam?

Epic is interested in neither doing the necessary work itself nor handballing the games to GOG in exchange for temporary exclusivity. This is the same company that hasn't released a PC game since Unreal Tournament 3, after all (though you could argue that Bulletstorm sort of counts).

Ban Puncher

Two hours remaining. Tick tock.

Oh shit son it's another....

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

header.jpg

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY
PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY

I have another Prey Steam key to give away to one lucky person. And how will I decide who gets it? With another MS Paint competition.

Some people were left dissatisfied with the last giveaway's winning entry. SteamGAF SaltyGAF indeed. So to enter this high-stakes game of skill and chance all you need to do is submit a single entry, which can be a lone picture or multiple comic panels or even the controversial animated JIF, of yourself (or another GAFer or even a fictitious user if you are quite timid) getting mad salty and visibly upset that they did not win Prey last time. Aftermath Salt - The Competition. The most humorous and creative entry as judged by me will win a Prey Steam key to redeem at their own discretion. The competition will be open for 24 hours from the time of this post. Remember, this is all in good fun and having a laugh. So go nuts.

Good luck and have fun!

Jawmuncher

Epic is interested in neither doing the necessary work itself nor handballing the games to GOG in exchange for temporary exclusivity. This is the same company that hasn't released a PC game since Unreal Tournament 3, after all (though you could argue that Bulletstorm sort of counts).

Epic is all but disbanded at this point.
The tencent (or however you spell it) buy out ruined that company. All of the main figure heads are gone and the company has been working on jack all aside from UE4 it seems.
Hell I think they don't want to tell anyone but fortnight was probably canned.

JaseC

Epic is all but disbanded at this point.
The tencent (or however you spell it) buy out ruined that company. All of the main figure heads are gone and the company has been working on jack all aside from UE4 it seems.
Hell I think they don't want to tell anyone but fortnight was probably canned.

Epic semi-recently reiterated that it's still in development. I think its long absence from the public eye may be related to UE4's teething issues (having to ditch SVOGI due to performance concerns, for example).

Arthea

Where are you seeing that Rambo game? I don't see it anywhere, is it region locked or something?

edited: talking about weekly sale, are Winter voices any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom