• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno394

One thing i'm not liking about going over to the PC "master race" is that we seem to get less special editions. Really want to buy the LE of Lords of Shadows 2 but there is no PC version, may as well just get the STEAM pre-order in now :/

One thing i'm not liking about going over to the PC "master race" is that we seem to get less special editions. Really want to buy the LE of Lords of Shadows 2 but there is no PC version, may as well just get the STEAM pre-order in now :/
I'm still surprised that there's a market for getting cheap tchotchkes and flimsy artbooks.

jonno394

I'm still surprised that there's a market for getting cheap tchotchkes and flimsy artbooks.

It's a 100 page hard cover artbook, but second glances make it look like there is a seperate artbook for LoS2 anyway which is closer to 200 pages so i'll just go for that and a digital version of the game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Huh, Cortex Command and Cthulhu Saves the World got cards. Guess that's another 80p or so added to my account!

I'm so tempted by that Alien Isolation on Nuuvem...

Definitely. The art style of what I've seen so far looks great, but I'm still a little wary. May wait until there's a few more previews around.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
But I have to link my Steam account to Playfire. Mhhh. No.

try your luck with this one ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-53917D0FAECB30BE - Taken by BorntoPlay. 1 entrants total.

t1392215292z1.png

derExperte

try your luck with this one ;)

Thanks but I think I'll pass as I remember playing a demo, or was it a free weekend? Wasn't impressed to say the least. ;)

Is there something fishy about playfire I don't know about? I've got around $7-8 of GMG credits for their play rewards thing so far, so they're cool in my book :D

Not that I know of but I use GMG once in a blue moon these days and can't really be bothered doing time limited achievements for a few cents. Even though.... can't you just use SAM?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I'm pretty sure I'll grab this on day one. I think it has potential to beat my beloved Rogue Legacy in the "randomly generated metroidvania" genre.

EDIT: Also, it looks like Dead State is going to hit Early Access today. It's a shame derrick is banned, it would have been cool to hear his impressions. Did we ever figure out if it was a perma ban?

derrick is banned again?

Jørdan

I enjoyed Derrick's counterpoints and valid criticisms, will miss his dismantling a game while everyone else is fawning over it.

By the way, there they gave a lot of very cool swag (I wasn't there sadly)

BgRksrpIMAAW_Oz.jpg

Is that a T-shirt? It's glorious. The beer is obviously for bribing the immigration officer if they notice the dodgy paperwork missing a stamp.

didamangi

Not that I know of but I use GMG once in a blue moon these days and can't really be bothered doing time limited achievements for a few cents. Even though.... can't you just use SAM?

I didn't try using it since they said they'll be banning GMG accounts for it and also reporting it to Valve.

I see the rewards as a reason to play my backlog and get some free cents, that is of course if the achievements for it are easy enough to do.

Tizoc

Have at it everyone
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -- MB-7E1A0F3E1AED3709

t1392302682z1.png

I didn't try using it since they said they'll be banning GMG accounts for it and also reporting it to Valve.

Yeah... good luck to them with that. Besides VAC bans through Steam itself, I don't think there's any way to track usage of S.A.M. I use it to idle for cards every now and then.

Besides, I've been using the program to get the achievements for nearly two months and haven't had a problem.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The Dollar-Reais exchange rate is so off the rails that, even with the 20% discount GMG is giving out for Strider/LoS2/RE4, it's still more expensive than the price it's being sold for on the Brazilian Steam Store.

That's crazy.

Caerith

Shion's design gets worst every game and also covers less every game.

This is my reaction everytime I see Shion's progression (add head shaking):
nosemassage.gif

Is that fan art or something? Because, if zkylon's screenshots are anything to go by, Shion wears a bikini pretty much 24/7.

Annubis

Is that fan art or something? Because, if zkylon's screenshots are anything to go by, Shion wears a bikini pretty much 24/7.

That's the swimsuit armor. They affect the character's look.
The stats on them are pretty awesome in all 3 games, so yeah, most people keep those on after getting them.

Echoplx

The Yogscast 25% off voucher (YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR) is still active on GMG and works of Resident Evil 4/Castlevania if anyones interested

They are only advertising the 20% off one so it may be a mistake.

Salsa

as expected they won't exchange my monitor unless it has 5 dead pixels

I'm stuck learning to live with this guy, and I'm not buying anything from that shitty store again

ugh

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The Yogscast 25% off voucher (YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR) is still active on GMG and works of Resident Evil 4/Castlevania if anyones interested

They are only advertising the 20% off one so it may be a mistake.

Thanks for reminding me to use that voucher before it disappeared (though for Thief).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom