• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I got Indie game the movie via modbot (thanks to mcfishstick) and I watched it yesterday. So much drama! Dunno why I thought it'll be funny and about process of making a game. It was not a bad watch though.

Well it took me 10 seconds of their... what, walkthrough of the whole game video(?) to show me that I would never throw my money in their direction. It amazes me apparently people didn't see the warning signs.

It didn't look like a great game, that's true, but looks can be deceiving!
not in this case, it would seem.
I wish we had the game dev story on steam.

Turfster

It didn't look like a great game, that's true, but looks can be deceiving!
not in this case, it would seem.
I wish we had the game dev story on steam.

I'm not even talking about the art. I'm talking about the incredibly horrible actual "game creation" interface, which commits so many UI no-no's it's not even funny.

Sorry if I can't post much, I am busy with payroll or many will bust my ass come the 14th. So let's do a Modbot:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe (desura) -- MB-6376B397C4DBF9C6 - Taken by killatopak. 1 entrants total.
RENA -- MB-BD1274B6673C22F9 - Taken by Shalashaska. 3 entrants total.

t1392208633z1.png
If Aerena herp derps (not working) please pm me. I'll send you the code.

Knurek

nope, I'm playing it on emulator but since I'm playing it on pc and know a couple guys in the thread care about it I rather share my random thoughts on it here than in a LTTP thread, specially since the one I made a while ago for drakengard didn't get too much response.

I really (like, really) need to add Ketsui/Storm of Progear/Mushihime-sama/ESPGaluda to Steam.
I also need to get better at the games. :)

Seanspeed

Banned
Does anybody know what the MSRP of Dark Souls 2 on PC is supposed to be? I remember seeing it at $60 on amazon a few months back, but now it's only $50.
What I'm trying to say here is it might not be a bad idea to lock in the pre-order price until we have something concrete.
As others have said, its been on sale cheaper here and there.

I preordered the Black Armour LE for £20 on SimplyCDKeys a while back.

fozzy

Has anyone pre ordered from Nuuvem before? I've bought a few games with no problems.

Titanfall is a decent price and might buy it.

Phinor

Has anyone pre ordered from Nuuvem before? I've bought a few games with no problems.

Titanfall is a decent price and might buy it.

I've pre-ordered couple of games, no issues at all. Titanfall is an EA game though so they might block your purchase attempt depending on your location. But the site will tell you if it's region blocked (not locked) or not when you try to buy it.

Xanathus

I'm thinking of buying a Uplay code for AC4 Black Flag off someone on steamtrades.com for $18 because I'm bored and want something new to play, has it been cheaper?

I don't "get" trading cards. Why do they have any value? Why do people want them? Is it literally just a collecting thing and Valve have conjured a thing out of thing air for people to spend money on?

dani_dc

I don't "get" trading cards. Why do they have any value? Why do people want them? Is it literally just a collecting thing and Valve have conjured a thing out of thing air for people to spend money on?

Same as most cards collections really.
People like to collect things.

jediyoshi

They're an extra incentive for people to buy a game or if they're added in after release, a means for people to return to the game, talk about the game, or buy it from new exposure. They're what tie in to your ability to modify your profile between badges and backgrounds that you receive after crafting a badge. For people who don't find value in modifying their profile, they can get monetary value in just selling them. A lot of the crux of it is their ability to be a commodity through trading.

fozzy

I've pre-ordered couple of games, no issues at all. Titanfall is an EA game though so they might block your purchase attempt depending on your location. But the site will tell you if it's region blocked (not locked) or not when you try to buy it.

Yeah I'm getting not available in your region. Would it work if I used Hola?

Jørdan

Tales of Maj'Eyal is utterly engrossing, hopefully the winner will find it the same.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-07A8902D417184F1 - Taken by Volimar. 5 entrants total.

t1392208407z1.png

They're an extra incentive for people to buy a game or if they're added in after release, a means for people to return to the game, talk about the game, or buy it from new exposure. They're what tie in to your ability to modify your profile between badges and backgrounds that you receive after crafting a badge. For people who don't find value in modifying their profile, they can get monetary value in just selling them. A lot of the crux of it is their ability to be a commodity through trading.

OK cool. I certainly appreciate the £1.86 in my wallet, I guess I'm the latter group :)

FloatOn

Holy shit at this Chasm game, how have I not heard about it before :eek: Here is a new teaser

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi97G2ZLh8c

I'm pretty sure I'll grab this on day one. I think it has potential to beat my beloved Rogue Legacy in the "randomly generated metroidvania" genre.

EDIT: Also, it looks like Dead State is going to hit Early Access today. It's a shame derrick is banned, it would have been cool to hear his impressions. Did we ever figure out if it was a perma ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom