• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
as expected they won't exchange my monitor unless it has 5 dead pixels

I'm stuck learning to live with this guy, and I'm not buying anything from that shitty store again

ugh
Usually that's not the store fault, but on the warranty conditions from the manufactor. I also have 1 dead pixel on my ASUS laptop and couldn't send it to repairs under the warranty because of that.

Tecl0n

Shion's design gets worst every game and also covers less every game.

This is my reaction everytime I see Shion's progression (add head shaking):
nosemassage.gif

They did hire a hentai artist for character design, so...

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Derrick got bopped yet again? Wonder what it was this time. Also this Holiday Inn in LA I'm staying at while in town for a funeral has the worst fucking internet in a hotel I ever used.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

I'm stuck learning to live with this guy, and I'm not buying anything from that shitty store again

ugh

Technically, your pixel is not DEAD. It's stuck. A dead pixel would be black. A stuck pixel will be whatever color it's stuck in and only be noticeable some of the background colors. A dead pixel would be noticeable everywhere.

A stuck pixel is not that bad. I have one and I don't even remember where it is.

Technically, your pixel is not DEAD. It's stuck. A dead pixel would be black. A stuck pixel will be whatever color it's stuck in and only be noticeable some of the background colors. A dead pixel would be noticeable everywhere.

A stuck pixel is not that bad. I have one and I don't even remember where it is.

Unless it's a cyan stuck pixel. It's impossible not to notice it. I have one on my laptop but obviously I'm not going to spend $200 just to change the screen.

Shion's design gets worst every game and also covers less every game.

This is my reaction everytime I see Shion's progression (add head shaking):
nosemassage.gif

Oh wow, that's pretty bad. 1st is still the best.

That's the swimsuit armor. They affect the character's look.
The stats on them are pretty awesome in all 3 games, so yeah, most people keep those on after getting them.

Swimsuit....armor? Much protection.

It's right over here.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man Unearthed has the best patch notes:

[Tangier]
- Doubled the walking speed for Faris, Dania and Rasheed in these segments so the walk is more firm and realistic now.

[Car Level]
- Added realistic resistance to the car. This means that the car won't feel like its sliding on ice anymore. It also means that making Corner turns is much easier and realistic now.
- You won't be stuck between the electricity pillars and the concrete anymore.

Buck is now my new favorite character in Far Cry 3...even if he can apparently teleport (i'm sure there will be more on that soon).

"His name is Buck, and he likes to f...."

Awesome.

It's dumb to buy a bundle for a legendarily terrible game, right?

Bad games still add +1 to game count.

Lain

ugh

Sadly it's like the industry default answer or something.
I bought an ASUS monitor because the reviews said it had a zero pixels defect warranty, my monitor came with a dead pixel and after contacting ASUS, I was told by them that the monitor had to have at least 5 dead pixels. It sucks but heh.

Ban Puncher

ugh

I've been lucky. The only device I've had so far in my life with a dead pixel was a PSP.

And I didn't mind because I bought it for $30 brand new off a crackhead on launch day.

Uncharted of the poor.

Not if these are actually true

Many people would try to tell you that Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta is a poor man's Uncharted, when it's clearly the other way around. My friend and I discovered after playing through the whole game that what we have here is clearly the better experience. For example:

Uncharted had Nolan North. Unearthed has Troy Baker. Which one of these voice actors won GOTY last year? That's what I thought.

Unearthed: 1 Uncharted: 0

Unearthed runs at 60 FPS at 1080p. Uncharted only runs at 720p at 30 FPS. Basic math tells us that since the frame buffer has roughly 4 times as many pixels and twice as many frames, Unearthed is at least 8 times better looking than Uncharted.

Unearthed: 9 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted 3 had horses. Unearthed has 4 wheel ATVs. That's 4 more wheels than Uncharted lets you ride.

Unearthed: 13 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted only runs on the PS3, while Unearthed runs on Android, PC, Mac, and probably the Gizmondo.

Unearthed: 17 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted only has creepy slippery Nazis. Unearthed has full on zombies, and it doesn't need to explain why they're there.

Unearthed: 18 Uncharted: 0

Uncharted usually only gives you a few weapons to choose from at any time. Unearthed has more weapon types than there are enemies in the entire campaign.

Unearthed: 19 Uncharted: 0

Nathan Drake is a ♥♥♥♥♥ who gets scared and emotional when the going gets tough. Faris Jawad doesn't stop cracking jokes even when a gun is fired at his sister.

Unearthed: 20 Uncharted: 0

Finally, as Unearthed rightfully points out on the store page, this game has been translated into more languages than most best-selling literature will ever see, because Semaphore knows everyone will want to play this and wants to be culturally sensitive to everyone. Uncharted consists of playing a white guy shooting minorities. I think we know who is more socially responsible.

Unearthed: 41 Uncharted: Racism

Winner: Unearthed

This is just a summary of all the things that make Unearthed the best. I didn't even go into detail about the leisurely strolls through the city discussing the plot, or the Kafka-esque analysis of the futility of escaping in a car as the city loops around you. There's just too much to this game to pack in one review, and I implore you to check out what may already be the de-facto GOTY of 2014.
http://steamcommunity.com//profiles/76561198004220434/recommended/263680/

Is Sudeki still coming to Steam? I have some vague memories of the game and I remember it as kinda mediocre with bad art, but I think I liked the battle system enough.

Yeah, while I appreciate not having to wait for quest-related people to show up, it is a bit immersion destroying at times.

I'm glad BROdy makes note of it, but during the dialogue they say "oh ok, follow the compass..." and your quest is "go talk to Buck".

Come on guys, at least fuck with me a LITTLE bit. I'm not too far along, but this is the first quest line where I'm taken a little out of the game. Buck's dialogue/monologues are great though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Quick poll: would people be interested in an option in Enhanced Steam that would let you completely hide all Early Access games from the home page and search pages?

It's an oft-requested feature, but I've been hesitant to do anything on it because Valve is pushing the Early Access agenda so heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom