• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinomura

Thanks for the game Hinomura. I really do appreciate it when mystery games are not Bad Rats.

You're welcome, in the past I had a lot of fun with Pirates :)

And since we're here...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arcane Worlds -- MB-F308B19CA41E6BAE - Taken by Waku. 25 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-15B306D8CA8E1DB3 - Taken by Hasney. 17 entrants total.
Bleed -- MB-ADC8699AB4C3EE76 - Taken by schuey7. 28 entrants total.

t1392239460z1.png

Anyone who beat Kingdoms of Amalur, when are you supposed to do the DLC. I went to the narrow tooth accidentally just thinking it was part of the normal game and the gear you buy there is so much better. I didn't do many quests though and went back to the normal world. I am level 18 now.

Copons

It may be old (and I actually mean it, as it's DAYS old) but I don't recall of reading it here, so here I go.

It seems that (quote from Joystiq) "​The Regional Court of Berlin has dismissed a lawsuit from the German consumer organization VZBV against Valve, for now granting Valve the authority to prevent Steam users from reselling their libraries of digital games. Business as usual, that is."

Oh well, it was expected, but I was kinda hoping in a different outcome, as a German ruling would MAYBE have been applied to the rest of EU
sorry (A)US people, you live in timezones too far away for us to care about you :(

Not really cool is what I'm reading on some Italian sites about this.
It's always amazing to see the widespread hate Valve gets from the ignorance of people who just blame it for the fact that almost every developer out there chooses to use CEG to DRM their games instead of just Steamwork to enable Steam-specific features.
Or maybe they would hate Steamwork too because it would need the Steam client to be open while playing. People's mind is kinda fucked up sometimes. :/

Anteater

the hold x moves are your go to damage dealers, especially with shadow magic active.

hold x - x,x,x,x,x,x
jump, x, hold x, x.

Direct heavy combo and Guillotine, I think.

I think I was doing those! Must've been using the healing magic too much, that first knight boss was fun until it started doing the liquid thing that grabs you from the ground, I think I missed the QTE trigger too so it regened :lol

Anteater

Lords of shadow is really fun, but if they're pissed about people comparing it to god of war then they should've gotten rid of those shitty QTE stuff, silly devs.

and I'm going to compare the shitty platforming to uncharted until they get rid of it or make them better, that's right.

Sparse

Typing of the Dead: Overkill - Love at First Bite DLC - $2.99

Roses are red, violets are blue, mutants are ugly, so what do we do? Well, this time players will
need to type increasingly more overblown and contrived sweet nothings in order to repel hordes
of amorous mutants queuing up to give them a love bite they’ll never forget.

Heh.

zkylon

zkylewd
why do people always hold giveaways why I'm sleeping :I

Shion's design gets worst every game and also covers less every game.

This is my reaction everytime I see Shion's progression (add head shaking):
nosemassage.gif
tbh I liked 2's designs the most. in general all of 1's designs are awful, terrible color choices and designs that make the outfits look like they're from lazy town or something. in 2 everyone looks pretty cool, even if shion lost the glasses for some reason.

in 3 it's fine so far, except shion who looks like kind of a weird space prostitute what with her unzipped pants showing her weirdly shaped underwear and shit

I wish she had kept the pilot suit from the beginning of the game tbh. that was cool looking and not offensively revealing and sexy tight and didn't look stupid and and all the good things

Alpha Protocol is a pretty enjoyable game. Got it during GMGs winter sale for 2,5€.
yup

and people that don't like are nazis

lol

Levyne

Banned
Sort of interested in Ikaruga. I haven't played a similar game since Raidan Trad on the genesis and some other crappy ones on the 360.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

nexen

The Typing of the Dead DLC has to be the most bang for the buck I've ever seen a game developer pull off.
Type up and translate some sentences. BOOM.

JaseC

Didn't say he did, just said he didn't link it. "keviniskool's Steam review" in text sticks less in the mind than a big blue link ;)

Yeah, I know, but "Hawkie posted the same review without a link" can easily be misinterpreted as him trying to pull a LaBeouf.

Turfster

Sentinel 3 keys now available to Indie Gala 8 buyers if they send the devs their proof of purchase.
Specifically not adding the game's subtitle, because I had to do a double take myself =p

Yeah, I know, but "Hawkie posted the same review without a link" can easily be misinterpreted as him trying to pull a LaBeouf.

Oh, yeah, no, that definitely wasn't my intention.
Also, if I accuse someone, there's a lot more swearwords and hyperbole involved ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
hey remember when microsoft hired jason holtman, valve's former director of business development for steam? guess who isn't working at microsoft anymore? jason holtman, valve's former director of business development for steam.

Anteater

tbh I liked 2's designs the most. in general all of 1's designs are awful, terrible color choices and designs that make the outfits look like they're from lazy town or something. in 2 everyone looks pretty cool, even if shion lost the glasses for some reason.

in 3 it's fine so far, except shion who looks like kind of a weird space prostitute what with her unzipped pants showing her weirdly shaped underwear and shit

I wish she had kept the pilot suit from the beginning of the game tbh. that was cool looking and not offensively revealing and sexy tight and didn't look stupid and and all the good things

I just don't like grown up kos-mos in 2, there's just something about a 12-year old looking doll kicking ass and shooting lasers out of her belly.

I don't know if it was mentioned in ep3 or not but shion's glasses were actually kevin's gift to shion, could be in the database, kevin made them for a specific reason, there were additional info about them in the DS game as well but the new director dude decided to get rid of it in 2 or some shit, probably because it wasn't "cool" or something :p

Turfster

hey remember when microsoft hired jason holtman, valve's former director of business development for steam? guess who isn't working at microsoft anymore? jason holtman, valve's former director of business development for steam.

But this time, they're really committed to the PC as a platform, guys! Really!

Anteater

haha yeah I saw the post in that microsoft thread, he left after a few months right?

JaseC

This makes me think that Microsoft is planning something very stupid.

By which I mean it has intentions to replace GFWL with something else instead of just admitting defeat already. Blizzard gets away with Battle.net because that's how it's always done business since the internet began to penetrate homes. Ubisoft gets away with Uplay because it still releases most of its games, and indeed all of its heavy-hitters, on Steam. EA likes to pretend it can get away with Origin because it can point to Battlefield and FIFA sales. Microsoft has nothing.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just don't like grown up kos-mos in 2, there's just something about a 12-year old looking doll kicking ass and shooting lasers out of her belly.

I don't know if it was mentioned in ep3 or not but shion's glasses were actually kevin's gift to shion, could be in the database, kevin made them for a specific reason, there were additional info about them in the DS game as well but the new director dude decided to get rid of it in 2 or some shit, probably because it wasn't "cool" or something :p
yea I know, they break early on in 2, you get your flashback and you're like ok, she'll fix them some day!

NOPE

and I just didn't like the baby faces in xeno 1, everyone looked like they were 8, even shion and other adults, it freaked me out. in xeno 2 everyone gets plastic surgery gone wrong and end up with derp faces and in xeno 3 they go back to get their derpiness fixed and OMG SHION SO CUTE THE FUK U WEARIN

but yea kos-mos in general is less important in xeno 2 which makes me sad since she kicked ass in xeno 1. like she gets two consecutive scenes where she "sacrifices" herself for the crew and makes it out both times. like one right after the other. it's hilarious

fantomena

He probably looked at GFWL and told himself "Fuck it" and left the offices.

Santiako

By which I mean it has intentions to replace GFWL with something else instead of just admitting defeat already. Blizzard gets away with Battle.net because that's how it's always done business since the internet began to penetrate homes. Ubisoft gets away with Uplay because it still releases most of its games, and indeed all of its heavy-hitters, on Steam. EA likes to pretend it can get away with Origin because it can point to Battlefield and FIFA sales. Microsoft has nothing.

They have minesweeper. You can't beat minesweeper.

FloatOn

man, only two weeks until it drops and still no pac-man museum store page. with dx+ being the daily deal today it would have made sense to put up the store page.

RealMeat

Banned

Pretty sure they want the Windows 8 store to be the replacement. It's the only way to get Project Spark on PC, for example.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Sentinel 3 keys now available to Indie Gala 8 buyers if they send the devs their proof of purchase.
Specifically not adding the game's subtitle, because I had to do a double take myself =p

why the fuck not just put the key on the indiegala page like everyone does. And what proof of purchase do they even want? because I dont keep those old ass emails

Turfster

why the fuck not just put the key on the indiegala page like everyone does. And what proof of purchase do they even want? because I dont keep those old ass emails

I think this is more the publisher (Scammery First) holding the key to the key generator instead of the devs (see the dev posts in the link)

Pretty sure they want the Windows 8 store to be the replacement. It's the only way to get Project Spark on PC, for example.

But the Windows 8 store is baaaaaaaad and totally broken. It's impossible to navigate that POS.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Apparently, those "old ass emails" are what they're looking for.

I imagine the reason to not just give IndieGala the keys is that IndieGala is basically a huge fuckup when it comes to this stuff. Since the game was in the bundle as a DRM Free download, there is no place on their page to put a Steam key. The same thing happened when Postal hit Steam.

JaseC

Halo and Gears of War? Fable and PGR? I don't know what else they have that could possibly make a huge mark on the PC gaming world.

Halo and Gears, yes, but any attempt by MS to re-enter the PC DD space would live and die by its ability to launch such titles day and date, or near enough, with the X1 releases, which is particularly unlikely considering how nascent the X1 is -- MS bringing its two tentpoles to the PC would just give people two big reasons to skip the X1, which wouldn't be a good look since the company is in the midst of trying to justify the division's importance to the company. Fable's reputation is tarnished beyond repair while I think some have a rather romanticised view of PGR's popularity.

Edit: If you meant Forza, throw it in with Halo and Gears.

Still no Anno 1404... come on JaseC, make it so

All in good time. ;)

Tellaerin

and I just didn't like the baby faces in xeno 1, everyone looked like they were 8, even shion and other adults, it freaked me out. in xeno 2 everyone gets plastic surgery gone wrong and end up with derp faces and in xeno 3 they go back to get their derpiness fixed and OMG SHION SO CUTE THE FUK U WEARIN

That right there pretty much sums up my feelings about the character designs.

We need more space opera-ish science fiction RPG's in general. There just aren't enough of them, especially when you look at all the fantasy RPG's out there. Speaking of, I'll probably end up rambling about my ME3 experience once I finish that up. (Just got done on Thessia last night, so I think I'm getting close to the end here. Though I keep getting distracted by the multiplayer. ME3 multi's surprisingly good, even if I'm not all that great at it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom