• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked DNF way better. DNF is a pretty functional game. It has polish. Things basically work, even if they're dull. It's way less frustrating. But I'll be honesty, I sort of take back what I said earlier. I said it right after the game crashed. I was not being positive enough. Unearthed doesn't end up being quite as bad as Exodus from the Earth or some of the other garbage I played.

Yeah don't get me wrong, it sucked.

But I guess I'd rather have things break and entertain me, than work and be boring. Thanks for the Exodus from the Earth recommendation.

The driving part was completely silly. It was pretty cool driving down the same street, turning, seeing THE EXACT same buildings down the same street, turning, same buildings, turning for at least 8 minutes. What on earth.

But the walking through that town was so incredibly boring, I literally fell asleep during that when they were getting tea. I didn't miss anything.

I also knew it would be short, but it was just so... minimal. There was nothing really there. It was one level really, that you end up going through twice (again backwards, but with enemies!) and then some scripted crap and it's pretty much just vehicle and walking shit the rest of the game.

Can't wait for episode 2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
WaW was fine.

OprahShakingHead"No".gif

No, no it really wasn't. Was it as bad as CoD6/MW2? No but is it on the level of CoD4? Nope. So it gets that tag even if it isn't part of the decline CoD6 on had.

If you like grenade spam.

CoD4 had the same problem, but at least it was kinda fun there since it was limited to multiplayer.

zkylon

zkylewd
ib0KwRVw0B7VAh.png

awww that's a lame ass list

Firebrand

Before going to sleep, I want to ask something.
Could you kindly tag all games that use QTE, especially excessively, with QTE that I can avoid them?
Also we need "too much scripted events, not enough gameplay" tag, which I haven't thought of yet, but I will.
I guess someone is on it.
apSy94m.jpg

:/

Tenrius

I've been uninstalling some smaller games I kept on my hard drive because I though would feel like playing them eventually. Freed like 20 Gb of space within several minutes.

I can only hope whomever turned the keys on this tagging feature expected nothing but what they're getting, because I knew the moment I read it was for the store that people were going to have a field day.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can only hope whomever turned the keys on this tagging feature expected nothing but what they're getting, because I knew the moment I read it was for the store that people were going to have a field day.

I'd say Valve was expecting stupidity to reign supreme initially considering how quickly Greenlight was flooded with joke entries when it went live.

kris.

Banned
hey guys, quick question. i think it was Grief.exe who showed me (or guided me to a post that showed me) how to use my PS3 controller with my PC by making the PC think it was a 360 controller. while that's been working out wonderfully, there are certain times while during like an intense firefight or something where the rumble is going and the controller becomes unresponsive and the rumble doesn't stop. i have to unplug the controller real fast and plug it back in to get it to work again. does anyone know any way to fix this?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Who wants bundle leftovers? Eldritch is fun and creepy, Mutant Mudds is popular on Nintendo systems so it's probably pretty good but it didn't grab me when I tried it on Desura a while back. Looks like the first one from Blink Bundle, I'll have to keep my eye out for more because this one wasn't bad at all.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-3971D9AC3660862A - Taken by Exuro. 17 entrants total.
Eldritch -- MB-92A0C174FE0D1A00 - Taken by cardinalmind. 19 entrants total.

t1392272355z1.png

LuffyZoro

Who wants bundle leftovers? Eldritch is fun and creepy, Mutant Mudds is popular on Nintendo systems so it's probably pretty good but it didn't grab me when I tried it on Desura a while back. Looks like the first one from Blink Bundle, I'll have to keep my eye out for more because this one wasn't bad at all.

Eldritch has looked interesting for a while, thanks for the chance.

Jørdan

XPQzKK3.png

Recommendations are shifting as tags are added, wondering about the ordering - would have preferred alpha numeric to whatever that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom