• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

I think EA must hate Argentina, just checked the Origin prices (Brazil) and they are in R$, or maybe they think Argentina is an european country.

They probably think we are still a spanish colony. :/

Since I don't play EA games I don't know if they made improvements to the client or not. The only feature I'd like Steam to adopt from them is the option to hide games but that's it.
If the Saboteur finds its way to Steam i might not need to launch Origin again. Maybe to try the Syndicate reboot.

Atruvius

8kf5okJ.png

I'd say that's a pretty apt tag for Eve, lol.

I think it's funny so many people are worried about tags. Give it a week. It'll only take time.

No I don't think Valve or the community will allow Rome total war to have the top tag of 'the holocaust never happened'.

Turfster

Lol. Thanks for the tip. I heard it wasn't very good but the coop was ok. But since I don't even have friends on Origin who am I going to play with in the first place.

It's not even the fact that it's not a "true" Syndicate game. I could have forgiven them for that. It's just a rather bad shooter.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
It's funny when people try to downplay Titanfall by saying "meh, it's CoD with mechs and wallrunning", is that supposed to turn me off? :p

DocSeuss

It's not even the fact that it's not a "true" Syndicate game. I could have forgiven them for that. It's just a rather bad shooter.

No it isn't.

It's a psychic ping-pong simulator.

Also, it's got some great guns, one of the best first-person cameras on the planet (having played just about every shooter ever, I feel confident in this assessment), the best body feel I've ever seen, the best co-op shooting experience ever (and I'm a Payday fiend), some fantastic scenery, cool abilities that change up the experience, the best flamethrower in video game history (because it's actually effective).

Basically, rock-solid gunplay that's super fun and will leave you cackling as you melt THE RESISTANCE in the face with flamethrowers, divest employees of other corporations of their armor, and heal a friend from long distance while he leaps over a barrier and smashes into an enemy's face.

Problems:

1) Bloom is EVERYWHERE
2) Bloom is EVERYWHERE
3) Bloom is EVERYWHERE
4) An interesting story suddenly goes DURR YOU'RE THE HERO and that's just stupid.
5) The UI is kinda bad out of the game
6) The regenerating health system doesn't really work

Divius

Not the most exciting tags for me:
7b5OVc6.png

My play time is divided between Dark Souls / Spelunky / Binding of Isaac / Interstellar Marines, so it makes sense.

Was hoping for something weird :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
No it isn't.

It's a psychic ping-pong simulator.

Also, it's got some great guns, one of the best first-person cameras on the planet (having played just about every shooter ever, I feel confident in this assessment), the best body feel I've ever seen, the best co-op shooting experience ever (and I'm a Payday fiend), some fantastic scenery, cool abilities that change up the experience, the best flamethrower in video game history (because it's actually effective).

Problems:

1) Bloom is EVERYWHERE
2) Bloom is EVERYWHERE
3) Bloom is EVERYWHERE
4) An interesting story suddenly goes DURR YOU'RE THE HERO and that's just stupid.
5) The UI is kinda bad out of the game
6) The regenerating health system doesn't really work
I loved how they had no difficulty scaling based on player count for co-op. It made the final battle pure joy when it was just 3 players.

DocSeuss

I loved how they had no difficulty scaling based on player count for co-op. It made the final battle pure joy when it was just 3 players.

I absolutely loved playing the Atlantic Ocean mission with two players and winning.

It's such a radically different experience from most shooters, because instead of just having the most DPS, you actually have to out think the enemy AI, and Syndicate's enemy AI is actually really good. We kept trying to divide and conquer, and they'd keep cycling units--moving one guy with the most health up front, then pulling him back and sending up someone else.

What we eventually ended up doing was basically sending one guy around, then, as the other two advanced on the guy, he'd dash around, we'd stun one of the two who'd stayed back, having flanked them, take out one of them, and then force the other three back. Then we'd try other tactics.

They probably think we are still a spanish colony. :/

Since I don't play EA games I don't know if they made improvements to the client or not. The only feature I'd like Steam to adopt from them is the option to hide games but that's it.
If the Saboteur finds its way to Steam i might not need to launch Origin again. Maybe to try the Syndicate reboot.

I'd also like Steam's downloading to be as fast.

TRY THE SYNDICATE REBOOT.

Arthea

It's funny when people try to downplay Titanfall by saying "meh, it's CoD with mechs and wallrunning", is that supposed to turn me off? :p

I'm not impressed with it, but I don't see how that can affect you at all.
Why are you paying attention to naysayers?
If somebody told me for example, that Trails in the sky is "meh, it's just another anime game", they would instantly get on "don't care what they say" list.
People have different tastes, they are not there to offend you or downlplay games you like, ignore them.

Popular tags for this game: High impact sexual violence

This one is popular tag for a lot of games and I mean a lot, I've seen some puzzle games with this tag.
Some people are this way impacted literally by anything!

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG TOPIC (Smash Bros), but posting this here:

Did we know about this already?

That was posted less than an hour ago on Climax Studios official Facebook page.

(Apparently as mentioned here, it was leaked in the database, but this is a new announcement).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I absolutely loved playing the Atlantic Ocean mission with two players and winning.

It's such a radically different experience from most shooters, because instead of just having the most DPS, you actually have to out think the enemy AI, and Syndicate's enemy AI is actually really good. We kept trying to divide and conquer, and they'd keep cycling units--moving one guy with the most health up front, then pulling him back and sending up someone else.

What we eventually ended up doing was basically sending one guy around, then, as the other two advanced on the guy, he'd dash around, we'd stun one of the two who'd stayed back, having flanked them, take out one of them, and then force the other three back. Then we'd try other tactics.

TRY THE SYNDICATE REBOOT.
AI so entertaining it made the cheap spawning of enemies a thrilling experience. Oh and many boss related events absolutely were DPS rushes. They had medics. It was super bullshit.

Arthea

sudeki

(Apparently as mentioned here, it was leaked in the database, but this is a new announcement).

Wasn't it leaked like ages ago or I'm mistaking it for some other game?

Fuu

I'm not impressed with it, but I don't see how that can affect you at all.
Why are you paying attention to naysayers?
If somebody told me for example, that Trails in the sky is "meh, it's just another anime game", they would instantly get on "don't care what they say" list.
People have different tastes, they are not there to offend you or downlplay games you like, ignore them.
I know, I don't mind different opinions. I just commented on it because it's personally amusing to see that as a negative as having mechs + wallrunning in a multiplayer FPS is more than enough to get me interested. I was being facetious hence the :p.

well, that's plain scary
Tell me that you left this game on for weeks, without actually playing :)

I think there was like maybe two days of idling in there from the early days where you didn't get random drops. I had fun for almost all of it and played competitive quite a bit. Still odd looking back on it now as I've slowly getting burnt out.

I think "WTF are you doing with your life?" is more appropriate. :p

That's 200 days. Two fucking hundred days.

Now I feel like a horrible person...
;)

You win the Internet

cookie-monster-cake-happy.gif%3Fw%3D640

Copons

After how much time a new tag is supposed to become a "search result"?

I'm trying to tag every game my site positively reviewed just to have a comprehensive quick list, but every time I click on the tag it says that it's too early and whatever, so I'm thinking that maybe, if I'm the only one who uses this tag it will never shows up "publicly"...

Zeliard

That's 200 days. Two fucking hundred days.

I'm really glad there wasn't some persistent in-game counter during the time I was playing Quakeworld (which I played extensively for roughly a decade, 1996-2006). I'd be terrified to get a true count of the amount of hours I sunk into that game.

Fuu

I got an FTL booster pack. I shall resist the foil temptation and sell it like I did with the Walking Dead one I got some days ago.

Arthea

I'm really glad there wasn't some persistent in-game counter during the time I was playing Quakeworld (which I played extensively for roughly a decade, 1996-2006). I'd be terrified to get a true count of the amount of hours I sunk into that game.

holy smoke, 10 years!
And I thought I hold some kind of record with my Civ 2 played for 6 years or so. :(

Zeliard

holy smoke, 10 years!
And I thought I hold some kind of record with my Civ 2 played for 6 years or so. :(

Yep, played it from the ages of 12 to 22, so basically middle school till the end of university.

I didn't play it nearly as much during uni as in previous years, but the high-speed internet was quite fun to have.

Dusk Golem

It's not outrageous like some of you guys, but I have played Resident Evil 5 so many times it is ridiculous. I know that game like the back of my hand. Friends kept on buying the game, having no one else to play with or they wanted to play with me, so I'd play with them all the way through, I don't even know how many times I played through both the campaign and the DLC, and most of it on the 360, I've only played it through once so far on Steam. And then all the Meres people wanted to do with me as I'm not a half-bad partner...

Part of me feels loved as a lot of people had a lot of fun with me in the game, and I don't regret it as I had a lot of fun playing with friends, but I have played over 700 hours of Resident Evil 5. It's ridiculous.

I have so much gold in that game, I waste it on maxing out first aid sprays and mines. And I sometimes just play and waste mines everywhere as I literally have hundreds of them.

mrgone

All Visual Novels should get a discount in Valentine's day.

Dear Esther's always been kind of an odd choice for Valentine's day. I guess tragedies and romances are generally cut from the same cloth, but holy moly that game is depressing (referring to the subject matter, not the game/non-game debate).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Like the new av JaseC!

:)

holy smoke, 10 years!

Time can easily fly by with multiplayer games that have a dedicated and enduring fanbase. I first dipped my proverbial toes into CS in high school and didn't stop playing on a regular basis until I switched to a somewhat cheap-and-nasty ISP in 2011.

fantomena

+ 1 rep to JaseC for being a trusthworthy GAFfer.

The game costed 10€ on Steam in Norway, 10$ on Amazon, and 3$ on Steam in Australia.

ad7447ba10.jpg

Dascu

So Climax has been doing more PC ports. Wasn't Sudeki total crap though?

Edit: Oh, it's already on PC, just not Steam.

Dusk Golem

+ 1 rep to JaseC for being a trusthworthy GAFfer.

The game costed 10€ on Steam in Norway, 10$ on Amazon, and 3$ on Steam in Australia.

ad7447ba10.jpg

I actually was playing that game the other day!

It's... Interesting,

Not as bad as I thought it was going to be, but very mediocre, and I have more fun in it sort of coming up with my own ways to have fun in it, if that makes sense.

Dear Esther's always been kind of an odd choice for Valentine's day. I guess tragedies and romances are generally cut from the same cloth, but holy moly that game is depressing (referring to the subject matter, not the game/non-game debate).

I still need to play it and I know what to expect from the game, I just keep postponing it.

Fuu

I still need to play it and I know what to expect from the game, I just keep postponing it.
Same here, been meaning to play it for a while now.
Just make sure to raise the walking speed if you feel it's too slow, iirc there's a config file or a mod for that. I enjoyed my time with it and I understand it's supposed to be slow paced, but my experience would have definitely been enhanced if I could walk a little bit faster, and I would have explored much more too.

Arthea

:)
Time can easily fly by with multiplayer games that have a dedicated and enduring fanbase. I first dipped my proverbial toes into CS in high school and didn't stop playing on a regular basis until I switched to a somewhat cheap-and-nasty ISP in 2011.

Ya, Civ 2 had a great multiplay for its time, and I dropped CS pretty soon, some games are just more addictive than others, for certain people.
Not to mention I drawn into Civ so many friends during those years too.

Yep, played it from the ages of 12 to 22, so basically middle school till the end of university.

I didn't play it nearly as much during uni as in previous years, but the high-speed internet was quite fun to have.
It's still a lot of time with one game! you played other games during that decade too, I hope. ;)

Don't wait, it's fairly short and interesting. I've played it in one sit, what rarely happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom