• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ss_lemonade

Is there a way to have steam games in multiple drives? I want to install a few more games I bought but my ssd is out of space :(. I have a second drive though, a 1tb drive with barely anything on it

Coldsun

Banned
Is there a way to have steam games in multiple drives? I want to install a few more games I bought but my ssd is out of space :(. I have a second drive though, a 1tb drive with barely anything on it

When installing, you can choose a different installation directory on a different drive

If you don't have the option, go to Steam -> Settings -> Downloads, then content libraries

maneil99

I just realized something awful, Microsoft isn't releasing Halo 2 on Steam, they are just delaying to announce halo 2 for X1. Their excuse will be to play it in X1 when they take down the servers. All the delays have been to by time for the E3/GDC announcement

_hekk05

Banned
So Post Apocalyptic Mayhem was actually pretty good, for a free game. I quite enjoyed laying waste to AI bots. Can see it being a pretty fun game if you play multiplayer. Some vehicles are dlc tho.

It also has cards.

one of these things is not like the other
nAx4441.png

I just realized something awful, Microsoft isn't releasing Halo 2 on Steam, they are just delaying to announce halo 2 for X1. Their excuse will be to play it in X1 when they take down the servers. All the delays have been to by time for the E3/GDC announcement

I don't think so. I saw activity on the registry for Halo. Also it is Halo trilogy so it cant only b Halo 2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
who now with the what what?

Err some gaffer had some pics of a supposed steam hack some hours ago which most people assume it's BS but I'm paranoid and was wondering if there was anything else said about it either way

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's tempting to buy Blazblue but it's the first damned one.

No online.
GfWL--well, I see they kinda removed that and used the Win8 "App store" version then.
Outdated by... like... nearly 10 years.
No online.
No online.

Not worth that price.

People/publishers should be demanding Arc to give them the source-code to GG:XX:TMC:^C+R to do the port for them. That and GG:XXX.

Still no resolution patch or solution for MGR? I think I'm going to uninstall it rather than replay it now.

Just beat Castlevania, I feel strange about it, enjoyed it overall for the graphics and music, but basically hated most of the combat and game design. Kind of a lesson in tedium at times but I was compelled to finish the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's not going to be a pre-load for a port of a ~14-year-old game. ;)

Edit: Aw, I just noticed that the beta keys were revoked. I was hoping SNK would forget or something. ;)

Well, they're giving beta people a 25% discount for $5. So I ain't even mad. I bought it just now. Though I really hope the Desync issue is fixed. I didn't get to test it with the person I gave the code to before they yanked access.

catabarez

Still no resolution patch or solution for MGR? I think I'm going to uninstall it rather than replay it now.

Just beat Castlevania, I feel strange about it, enjoyed it overall for the graphics and music, but basically hated most of the combat and game design. Kind of a lesson in tedium at times but I was compelled to finish the game.

Someone made a mod in the MGR thread.

Backlogger

It seems you can no report inappropriate tags

http://i.imgur.com/XbcAOQ5.png[/]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YOfNNNo.png[/][/QUOTE]

This is good, but also concerned that the same people trolling the tag system may start reporting legit tags as not helpful or offensive or what not.

DocSeuss

Just reported maybe 200 tags (yes, seriously)

Were they tags like "bad?" which, y'know, will vary from person to person, or "gone homo," which is a tag that should burn with extreme prejudice?

Had a debate with people re: inappropriate tags. Some felt that "bad" shouldn't count, but it was generally towards games they liked.

Backlogger

Were they tags like "bad?" which, y'know, will vary from person to person, or "gone homo," which is a tag that should burn with extreme prejudice?

Had a debate with people re: inappropriate tags. Some felt that "bad" shouldn't count, but it was generally towards games they liked.

I think tags like "bad" are too subjective, even if 99% of people agree. I think it goes against the intention of the system. That's just me though, I am sure a lot of people may disagree with that, but that's fine. Its not necessarily inappropriate, I would just prefer to see tags that are 1-2 word descriptions of the genre and/or play style in case the tags set by the dev/publisher are lacking.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
If gone home isn't 75% off for valentine sale I'm throwing the mother of all hissy fits! :(

Caerith

You gotta escalate, man. Go for 300!
On a more serious note, I'm amazed they added this before they added "only people that bought the game can tag".
Yeah, but that would mean doing away with the Overpriced Port of a Mobile Game tag. I started that tag, and I don't own any of the games it's been used on, but the games I've tagged with it are ones I've done the research on.

If it's not misused by people without a clue. For example Kingdom Tales does not belong there. Many idiots will just look at the screenshots, make assumptions and then tag away.
Idiots making assumptions then expressing their opinions certainly isn't new. At least with tags you can flag them as wrong and make them go away.

DocSeuss

Glad I'm not the only person who thinks they should limit tags to people who bought/own a game--much like, y'know, reviews.

I think tags like "bad" are too subjective, even if 99% of people agree. I think it goes against the intention of the system. That's just me though, I am sure a lot of people may disagree with that, but that's fine. Its not necessarily inappropriate, I would just prefer to see tags that are 1-2 word descriptions of the genre and/or play style in case the tags set by the dev/publisher are lacking.

While I can dig it, I feel like seeing that a TON of people have upvoted "bad" or "danger, stay away" or something for a game like Infestation: Survivor Stories (the artist formerly known as The War Z) can only be a good thing.

Turfster

Yeah, but that would mean doing away with the Overpriced Port of a Mobile Game tag. I started that tag, and I don't own any of the games it's been used on, but the games I've tagged with it are ones I've done the research on.
It's only fair that you have to have the game before you can comment on it.
That tag would still exist if people bought it and decided the game was a mobile port job.

Caerith

I feel that the "bad" tag should be allowable if Moonwalker ever gets a Steam release, because reasons.

That tag would still exist if people bought it and decided the game was a mobile port job.

I know you're right, but I still want to make some argument about cognitive dissonance or that people who buy games that are obviously overpriced ports of mobile games (except for purposes of +1 game count) clearly have brain damage and therefore can't be trusted to tag games appropriately, but yeah, you're right.

oipic

Glad I'm not the only person who thinks they should limit tags to people who bought/own a game--much like, y'know, reviews.

Agreed, and I think that a tag should only become 'public' when a certain number (or percentage) of owners of a title assign it that particular tag.

Having said that, it's probably already weighted by 'popularity' or 'commonality', meaning time should level things out, and eradicate most of the humorous but largely useless edge-case tags being assigned at the moment.

Turfster

I know you're right, but I still want to make some argument about cognitive dissonance or that people who buy games that are obviously overpriced ports of mobile games (except for purposes of +1 game count) clearly have brain damage and therefore can't be trusted to tag games appropriately, but yeah, you're right.

Eh, we'd just have the +1 people like JaseC and Xelios set the tag, and we'd be golden ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eh, we'd just have the +1 people like JaseC and Xelios set the tag, and we'd be golden ;)

I feel as though I should warn people that the Greenlight Submission Fee doesn't actually increase one's game count even though it's labelled as a game in the registry. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom