• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiru

Xeno1 was scored by Yasunori Mitsuda (who also did Xenogears), but was fairly disappointing affair (his strength is in celtic stuff, not orchestral songs)
Xeno 2 was scored by Yuki Kajiura (.hack//SIGN, Madoka animes) for movies and Shinji Hosoe (Ridge Racer, 999, Ibara) for in game music
Xeno 3 was sole Yuki Kajiura job.

Wish they'd keep Mitsuda for at least few major themes throughout the series.

Oh, and if you loved Xenogears, do try Soma Bringer OST, that's the closest thing to a Xenogears sequel music-wise.
Pandora Hearts anime OST by Yuki Kajiura is amazing. You guys should listen to that. Was surprised when I saw on her last.fm page that she also composed for Xenogears.

So I got an ending in cherry Tree High Comedy Club. Now I understand why there's jobs and skills. Since there's no way to recruit all six members unless you level up all the skills it seems. Gotta say though I have no interest to back to it anytime soon, unless the ending is just that good. Sure it was Persona Social Links the game but it was still a little bit weak.

However I started playing Thomas was Alone and i'm quite enjoying it aside from this one level that was just hell to go through.

Thomas was Alone has the best voice over since Bastion. Enjoy the 3 hour ride.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Witcher 2 and The Witcher 1 Free Weekend

Speaking of, Steam users who've yet to install the games won't be able to retrieve their keys to register on GOG for their free "backup" copies:

20900 The Witcher: Enhanced Edition said:
26 minutes ago Removed ShowCDKeyOnLaunch – 1
26 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp20900\SteamKey
26 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry
20920 The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition said:
26 minutes ago Removed ShowCDKeyInMenu – 1
26 minutes ago Removed SupportsCDKeyCopyToClipboard – 1
26 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistryLocation – HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\TestApp20920\SteamKey
26 minutes ago Removed LegacyKeyRegistrationMethod – registry

I can't say I see the logic here.

Edit: Uh, never mind. My brain left but it came back.

Actually, I'm an idiot. It just dawned on me that if the flags were left intact those who downloaded the game over the weekend would be able to register their keys on GOG without paying a cent. ;)

Turfster

Speaking of, Steam users who've yet to install the games won't be able to retrieve their keys to register on GOG for their free "backup" copies:

Maybe it's temporary, due to the expectancy of high traffic this weekend.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

because its free and it shows up on your library, so u could remove the key from a free game and use it on gog maybe?

anyway, dem giveaways keep going

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Pixeljunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-78041F4DF5051378 - Taken by Frank Jaeger. 10 entrants total.

t1392382159z1.png

JaseC

Maybe it's temporary, due to the expectancy of high traffic this weekend.

Actually, I'm an idiot. It just dawned on me that if the flags were left intact those who downloaded the game over the weekend would be able to register their keys on GOG without paying a cent. ;)

JaseC

Damn.
I need to buy that D&D bundle, c'mon GOG.

There are, like, 2 or 3 (edit: 4) D&D games I lack on GOG and don't already own on Steam (where applicable), but I expect Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast to bring the D&D catalogue to Steam eventually.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
There are, like, 2 or 3 D&D games I lack on GOG and don't already own on Steam (where applicable), but I expect Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast to bring the D&D catalogue to Steam eventually.

I own (and played) exactly 0 of them, so yeah, great bundle for me. 15€ for what, 2000 hours of content?
Dunno about Dragonshard, Demon Stone and Temple of Elemental Evil but the other are supposedly all masterpieces. Except NWN1, but whatever.

And Baldur's Gate 1&2 with mod >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baldur's Gate 1&2 HD, right?

Arthea

I own (and played) exactly 0 of them, so yeah, great bundle for me. 15€ for what, 2000 hours of content?
Dunno about Dragonshard, Demon Stone and Temple of Elemental Evil but the other are supposedly all masterpieces. Except NWN1, but whatever.

you've played 0 of them? I kinda envy you :)

I remember Temple of Elemental Evil being absolutely trashed when it came out but everyone seems to praise it these days so I presume it got fixed.

Knurek

Nah, not really. BG1EE was terrible at launch, but the devs seem to have patched it just fine. Same with BG2EE I'd guess.
IMO what the EE editions lose on pricing, they gain with +1 to Steamscore.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I remember Temple of Elemental Evil being absolutely trashed when it came out but everyone seems to praise it these days so I presume it got fixed.

The first review on GOG is great:

Ah Temple of Elemental Evil. And also: -UGH- Temple of Elemental Evil. No other game deserves High praise in quality and also be told that it stinks. To understand how a game can be so good -and- so terrible you must picture the game being created by two people: Adam the smart, and Joe the Idiot.

To the Combat of Temple of Elemental Evil I give a full 5/5 stars. To the REST of the game I give 1/5 stars. I guess that makes the game a 3 star game on Average. No matter how great the combat is (And it is great!) having such a mess of everything else in the game is no excuse. Full 5 stars should be saved for games that can do both of these things right.

But since removing it would save me just a few cents, I'll go aheahd and buy that too.

The first review on GOG is great:

But since removing it would save me just a few cents, I'll go aheahd and buy that too.

I remember that one. And the review is right... besides giving everything else 1/5 instead of 0/5.

You cant go wrong with Baldurs Gate,Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights. And Planetscape Torment has the best Story of them all.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
leftovers again...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Syberia 2 -- MB-2F6536AB46E04B89 - Taken by Freedom = $1.05. 9 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-E24894A70C8B058D - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 11 entrants total.

t1392394129z1.png

and it seems that the server trouble yesterday caused that this key is still available

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-422C967E70FBE3C9

t1392331396z1.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Dude. . . Alpha Centaury & System Shock at $1.49 on GOG. Happy Valentine's GAF!
Tell me that Little Big Adventure and Twinsen's Odyssey are that price too.

On second thought, don't tell me that. I shouldn't buy more stuff. Besides, I found the PS1 port of the first game to be much better than the PC version. At least that one didn't hurt Twinsen whenever he hit a wall while running.

Tenrius

I think I might need to revamp my category system. I've been putting all platformers into the "action-adventure" category and I also have an "action" category which should be divided into "FPS", "TPS" and "multiplayer".

FloatOn

$15 for Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within is nice, but it's a pity the latter isn't discounted separately.

such a pity... I've been waiting on a separate discount for quite awhile now. Once it does hit it will be a good excuse to finish off my play through.

I'm also really tempted by that 17 dollar Arkham Origins but I told my wife I wouldn't buy another game until Dark Souls 2 so there's that. I really don't have time for it right now anyway.

I'd reinstall System Shock 2 (and give it a good go) but I seem to recall modding it to look decent by modern day standards took me bloody ages. Forgotten what half of the mods are now.

Is there not an easy, collection of mods all in one ?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hello Steamgaf!!! Been waiting to get accepted to the forums for months. At last I'm in and as a thank you I'm gonna do a Rome Total War giveaway. It's my first time using this Modbot thing so forgive me if I do anything wrong....

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rome: Total War -- MB-701086F70B3FC31C - Taken by JakeD

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-144BB5B0424830F9 - Taken by StAidan. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol -- MB-B204613404AE5BEF - Taken by maneil99. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-A2A7658D04E64145 - Taken by Evrain. 5 entrants total.

t1392385130z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom