• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well i activated the Groupees Desura Key. Wich one did you use? IndieGala? Indie Royale?

indiegala, unless they added a key to the indiegala page, i didnt check yet

edit: the desura key on indiegala activated it. I was trying the key that is on desura collection page before (how are they different?). And Oniken has cards, woot

StAidan

This Indie Gala bundle has been the best one for me in a while. Quite a few games I was interested in and didn't already own.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
The IndieGala key activated fine for me.

edit: the desura key on indiegala activated it. I was trying the key that is on desura collection page before (how are they different?)

in that case

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Oniken -- MB-DBA45BD17B8FF411 - Taken by Cyberquake. 27 entrants total.

t1392395793z1.png

this is my second key from indiegala, should work

edit: the desura key on indiegala activated it. I was trying the key that is on desura collection page before (how are they different?). And Oniken has cards, woot

Now that is solved. You mean the Unlock Key right? The one were they said that we should go on : http://www.desura.com/games/oniken/connect . That is a new made key that didnt worked.

This Indie Gala bundle has been the best one for me in a while. Quite a few games I was interested in and didn't already own.

Yeah Humble doesnt deliver anymore. Indie Gala seems to be the King right now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didn't work for me *shrugs*

they made a nice little clusterfuck with this key situation

i should also get a third key through indie royale, no clue whats the situation that one

didnt work for me either but the desura key on the indiegala page from the summertide bundle when used on steam works. /shrug

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Every Desura key can be activated on Steam i guess.

indie royale doesn't list independent desura keys anymore, they changed it a while back so that one key activates all games in a bundle on desura. and they did that retroactively for all bundles...

The_Monk

My Desura key also worked, neat!

And I think I might bite on the latest Groupees bundle. Some good stuff there to be played during the winter.

Copons

I may be old but I'm having internet on and off for hours now, and this is also kind of offtopic, but you never know.

Dungeon Keeper (the good, old school one) is free on GOG for the next 44 hours or something.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Were they tags like "bad?" which, y'know, will vary from person to person, or "gone homo," which is a tag that should burn with extreme prejudice?

Had a debate with people re: inappropriate tags. Some felt that "bad" shouldn't count, but it was generally towards games they liked.

The tags I reported were about:
25% genre tags that were ported over from before the tag system but that were obviously incorrect for the game. I did this in part so the old genre tags will die faster.
25% offensive, unacceptable in mixed company, passive-aggressive tags, spoiler tags, others that are just obviously not ok.
50% internet joke tags. The Metal Gear Rising tags for example. Or all the puppy/fish AI/doge/MURIKA type tags on Call of Duty Ghosts or "spreadsheet simulator" for Fez. Masterpiece tags for Bad Rats. Yeah, I chuckle at the jokes too. But it doesn't help people search or filter stuff, it's not relevant cross-game. It'll mess up search results (tags are used to filter search results at this juncture.)

I did report a few "bad" tags as "Not appropriate for this game" when they were put on games that had widespread acclaim and where I thought the "bad" tag was more a reflection of an organized campaign to shit on a game by people who hadn't played it, had a vendetta against the game's author, etc. Not that it's not ok to think a widely acclaimed game is bad, because it is and there are plenty I do, but I think it's obvious when the tag is intended to be a polite word of warning versus when it's intended to be an expression of venting frustration or trolling.

Dambrosi

Banned
Well i activated the Groupees Desura Key. Wich one did you use? IndieGala? Indie Royale?
Yeah, the Groupees key works in Steam now. But you said that it was the Desura key, as in the Desura Client key, which is different. Therein lay the confusion.

I've got both Witcher games, but I've never played them. Well, I say that, but I did try the beginning bit of Witcher 1 once, didn't get far. Time to rectify that state of affairs, I guess, but my new Vita is taking up so much of my gaming time.

I may be old but I'm having internet on and off for hours now, and this is also kind of offtopic, but you never know.

Dungeon Keeper (the good, old school one) is free on GOG for the next 44 hours or something.

Looks like they are backed up something fierce right now. Got a "We'll send you your key later" thing about an hour or so ago.

Speaking of GOG, they're really giving people a lesson in how not to twitter at the moment...

Oh wow. Nathan Fillion? Felica Day? Are they trying to troll everyone?

Deques

Still waiting for a GOG copy to arrive at in my account :(
No love for me

Copons

Speaking of GOG, they're really giving people a lesson in how not to twitter at the moment...

Oh god what the hell are they doing, are they crazy??? O__O

Just for lazy peeps: they're directly tweeting to anyone slightly important in the videogaming scene (like TotalBiscuit or Molineux itself, just to say two names) about this Dungeon Keeper free giveaway.

Their feed is kinda scary right now...

Looks like they are backed up something fierce right now. Got a "We'll send you your key later" thing about an hour or so ago.

Yeah, I'm in that too, waiting for the mail.

FloatOn

there is only art for this game but I'm intrigued by the concept

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/?snr=1_4_4__105_4

Coming TBA: Subnautica

Subnautica is an open world, underwater exploration game currently under construction at Unknown Worlds, the independent developer behind Natural Selection 2. It aims to elicit a feeling of experiencing of the unknown, of not knowing how far, and how deep you can go.

Using various submarine vehicles, you will be able to explore diverse environments filled with resources, creatures, plants, threats, and natural wonders. The world will take you from lush coral reefs teeming with life, to volcanic lava zones that could threaten your vessel, and your survival.

Oh god what the hell are they doing, are they crazy??? O__O

Just for lazy peeps: they're directly tweeting to anyone slightly important in the videogaming scene (like TotalBiscuit or Molineux itself, just to say two names) about this Dungeon Keeper free giveaway.

Their feed is kinda scary right now...

Wow, I'm not even on Twitter and I know that that is the exact opposite of how you should promote your business.

GOG's bundle sales are so frustrating. If I already have the other stuff, lemme just get the one I still don't have for $2, quit jackin' the price. :<

Edit: Logging in I noticed that they do take into account the games you own and discount it from there, neat. Crisis averted.

So anyone know why Cryostasis is gone from steam? I finally have a capable PC and I'm listening to an old Idle Thumbs podcast where they're talking about it, think to myself about how I would love to play it now. But the only thing on steam right now is a freaking trailer : /

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So anyone know why Cryostasis is gone from steam? I finally have a capable PC and I'm listening to an old Idle Thumbs podcast where they're talking about it, think to myself about how I would love to play it now. But the only thing on steam right now is a freaking trailer : /

1C's publishing contract expired. I assume rights defaulted back to Action Forms itself (further assuming the company is still around -- its site is dead).

Backlogger

Bah, I bought that $10 bundle that Steam had a couple weeks ago to get Syberia 1-2, now it's a buck. I guess now I will have another set of copies for my next big giveaway.

Tenrius

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

1953 -- MB-CEA50ECC45DE05D4 - Taken by Ingueferroque

Note that this is an adventure game. I thought it was a shooter for some reason, until fairly recent.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Titanfall not being on Steam pretty much saved me from a blind and idiotic pre-order. Origin slowed me down enough to wait for the beta and the beta saved me from buying the game.

Thanks EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom