• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
TF2 folks (asking here because the official thread seems dead as a dodo).

Is it worth unboxing one of those Strongbox crates? The reason I ask is because it says that it will become a rare drop from the 24th feb, so I'm wondering if the item values will shoot up over time.
I can't tell you if this will be the case on this crate specifically, but for other examples of this (like the robocrates) the items don't amount to much in the end.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Titanfall not being on Steam pretty much saved me from a blind and idiotic pre-order. Origin slowed me down enough to wait for the beta and the beta saved me from buying the game.

Thanks EA.

Dude, even just watching someone who can actually play videogames play Titanfall last night has killed any hype I've had for the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm cautiously optimistic about CliffyB's arena shooter. Who knows when we'll get more details, though.

Khronico

Dude, even just watching someone who can actually play videogames play Titanfall last night has killed any hype I've had for the game.

Titanfall is one of those games that, when I watch gameplay of it, I get kind of hyped and think "this looks fun, maybe I'll buy it", but then immediately forget about it after.

Baha

It seems that certain Oniken Desura keys can now be activated on steam, I've tested keys from Greenlight Bundle #2 (non-groupees) and Indiegala Summertide and both have redeemed on steam.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Look how magical Origin is:

captureojf3a.png

Hmm, I figured 3 times my max speed would be a stretch.

EDIT: It keeps going up! Now at 4.20 MB/s!

So fucking magical.

okayfrog

Banned
One Enhanced Steam feature that I really wish would make its way to regular Steam is the ability to see the percentage of thumbs up/thumbs down on game reviews. I love seeing the disparity between that and the MetaCritic score.

Baha

Few extras to give away:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syberia I -- MB-A239E3E76C449B34 - Taken by Garcia. 4 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-B3A9281883EA7683 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 1 entrants total.
1953 -- MB-61113385AB41A89A - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 1 entrants total.

t1392395704z1.png

If the winner has any problems with the 1953 - KGB Unleashed key, lemme know. Modbot cut off the rest of the title so I'm hoping I didn't fudge up the formatting.

More from Grief_exe :

Year Walk releasing on Steam : March 6th. (YouTube Trailer)

Simogo is excited to announce the release date for the reworked edition of Year Walk. The sci-fi horror mystery of Year Walk begins via Steam on March 6th.

This new edition of Year Walk features several new additions:
• New locations within the game
• New puzzles
• Map
• Updated art
• Integrated encyclopedia about the mysterious myths and creatures encountered in the game
• Hint system
• Steam Achievement Puzzles
... and more!

It seems that certain Oniken Desura keys can now be activated on steam, I've tested keys from Greenlight Bundle #2 (non-groupees) and Indiegala Summertide and both have redeemed on steam.

thanks for the heads up.

I redeemed mines from the Groupees Retro bundle.

fuck yeah Sudeki! forgot that was coming

Grief :(

4 more days.

Copying for the new page :

More from Grief_exe :

Year Walk releasing on Steam : March 6th. (YouTube Trailer)

Simogo is excited to announce the release date for the reworked edition of Year Walk. The sci-fi horror mystery of Year Walk begins via Steam on March 6th.

This new edition of Year Walk features several new additions:
• New locations within the game
• New puzzles
• Map
• Updated art
• Integrated encyclopedia about the mysterious myths and creatures encountered in the game
• Hint system
• Steam Achievement Puzzles
... and more!

Copons

Can't wait for the Humble Store to update their weekend deals.

do de do de dooo

Finally an Oil Blue proper sale!

Maybe Copons will finally get to use his new computer.

Eh, if only chubigans said it earlier...
Yesterday I gave my gf a spare Civ4 key from the bundle, so she actually has something to play on her account. Well, let's say that yesterday night I slept alone. Goddamn she needs to find a proper job, because unemployment + Civ4 could take a huge dent in her life. :D

also finally I won't feel the huge wrong need to stealth enter a CSD giveaway anymore! yay!

Garcia

Few extras to give away:

If the winner has any problems with the 1953 - KGB Unleashed key, lemme know. Modbot cut off the rest of the title so I'm hoping I didn't fudge up the formatting.

Thanks for Syberia! Installing it right now.

I'm thinking those games Halo and Halo 2 would be right up our alley.

The Halo and Gears franchise on Steam would render getting an Xbox basically useless which is why I think Microsoft is nervous about doing that. Couple Forza with that it and you can kiss that console goodnight.

I honestly think that's why they're being hesitant. The repercussions could be pretty big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom