• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know we're throwing around Xbox titles, but I'm going to cheat and say that I'd love to see PC ports of Kameo and B-K: Nuts & Bolts.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How can you say that, didn't you hear about their hit games? Ultima VI, Ultima VII, Wing Commander, Privateer?
Come now, son.
Is Wing Commander the game that featured Luke Skywalker? Or am I mistaking it for something else? Never played it, by the way.

All I really want are Phantom Dust and Breakdown as I've never played those yet I've been really interested. Oh, and Jet Set Radio Future, in hopes that it's actually good unlike Jet Set Radio.
That jsrf is good or that the port is good? Because the game is leagues better than the original

Tenrius

jackboss8aihe.png

Another one of those guys. I feel I might have been too harsh, especially if he's really 10 years old.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how has the witcher aged? is it better than witcher 2? any different combat-wise?

The games are quite different in terms of gameplay style. The Witcher was built using BioWare's Aurora Engine and has a click-wait-click combat system as opposed to TW2's more traditional, if slightly inelegant, one. I played the original just a couple of years ago or so, prior to working through 2, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I actually prefer it to the sequel, overall, largely due to the palpably dreary and gloomy state of the world.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
how has the witcher aged? is it better than witcher 2? any different combat-wise?

It has aged pretty well, the only issue I had with the game was that the voice acting feels pretty weird and disjointed at times, due to it being translated from Polish.

The combat isn't as flashy as Witcher 2, but it is definitely more accessible,polished and balanced. The major difference in combat from TW2 is that is uses three styles for each weapons category, Fast,Strong and Group that you can switch mid-battle

nexen

Witcher 2 annoys me because your actions have almost no consequence in the story.
Good game, but Witcher 1 packed much more punch for me.

Jawmuncher

While I still plan to grab Witcher 2 on PC (Played it on 360) and play Witcher 3 when it comes out. I gotta say I was a little bit disappointed in Witcher 2. I think it was a case of being way to hyped for it. Since it didn't live up to any of my expectations. Doesn't make it a bad game though and I would say at the current price it's still worth playing.

I haven't played more than 5 minutes of Witcher 1 though. All that has stuck with me is Triss' cleavage is crazy.

Tenrius

On a similar, but more off-topic note, an unknown party called me on my cellphone at 11 AM today. There was some background noise and then a young, possibly female voice asked me (in Russian) if I was "selling a dormitory" without any proper greetings. I asked them to repeat and they did. Then I told them I wasn't selling any dormitories and they immediately hung up. What was that about? I tried googling their number afterwards and it's apparently registered in Krasnodar Krai (I'm not sure if that information is trustworthy though), that's where Sochi is. Might have something to do with that.

nexen

On a similar, but more off-topic note, an unknown party called me on my cellphone at 11 AM today. There was some background noise and then a young, possibly female voice asked me (in Russian) if I was "selling a dormitory" without any proper greetings. I asked them to repeat and they did. Then I told them I wasn't selling any dormitories and they immediately hung up. What was that about? I tried googling their number afterwards and it's apparently registered in Krasnodar Krai (I'm not sure if that information is trustworthy though), that's where Sochi is. Might have something to do with that.
Epic long-distance troll opportunity wasted. They should have called me.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Tell me what you know about the numbers stations.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Getting ready to put out a new version of Enhanced Steam, and putting the final touches on it now. Adding highlighting / early access banners / etc to tag pages.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Turns out I had another spare RTW from the recent GMG sale, so here you go...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rome: Total War -- MB-BA59D6EB8C10840E - Taken by Leg-End. 15 entrants total.

t1392410960z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titanfall PC BETA -- MB-EB502DCA0380CA09 - Taken by trailmix16

Tenrius

Tell me what you know about the numbers stations.

Quite a lot, actually! It wasn't particularly similar though, because the voice was definitely not synthesized.

Oh, a few hours after that I got another call, this time on the landline and a male voice asked for Nadya, in a very polite manner. I don't even know anyone with that name, so I told him he got the wrong number. Are they onto me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom