• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

snoop.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Cook Serve Delicious is a restaurant sim kind of game developed by fellow gaffer chubigans. You select dishes for your menu, level them up, etc. It's been pretty well received here.

Wow and for such a low price, too!

And look at the wonderful art:

zwmrlFO.jpg

There is truly an embarrassment of value in Cook, Serve, Delicious!

Kurtofan

For 2$, it's a complete steal.
I advise anyone who knows what a VN is to get it.

I like adventure games and like the Phoenix Wright series but I never really played a VN before.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but is this kind of like a CYOA book, gameplay wise?

Annubis

I like adventure games and like the Phoenix Wright series but I never really played a VN before.

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but is this kind of like a CYOA book, gameplay wise?

There is no adventure or action at all in the game.
You are a space detective with a mystery to solve. To solve it you read and analyze data.
As you understand more, you can see the story.

There are still choices to make and they will change what path the game follows.

EDIT: you also have a sidekick, kinda like the Pheonix Wright games (well some of them)

Generally they are more like a comicbook. Interactivity is based on your selections and most games offer less choice more story.

Tellaerin

Wow and for such a low price, too!

And look at the wonderful art:

zwmrlFO.jpg

There is truly an embarrassment of value in Cook, Serve, Delicious!

I can't decide whether or not this is intended as snark.

If it is, that's pretty unfair. By all accounts CSD is a terrific (and addictive) game.

If not, I apologize. It's not always easy to tell if someone's being sarcastic on the internet. (Especially when that someone's you, o snarky one. :p )

I will play Lococycle when it becomes the first Games for Gold xbox one game. Just seems like death.

Microsoft holding true to their promise at least :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can't decide whether or not this is intended as snark.

If it is, that's pretty unfair. By all accounts CSD is a terrific (and addictive) game.

If not, I apologize. It's not always easy to tell if someone's being sarcastic on the internet. (Especially when that someone's you, o snarky one. :p )

I'm overtly selling the game.

Like an infomercial.

JakeD

little bummed i can't get witcher 2 any higher than 40-50 fps. i actually suspect its my hard drive rather than my i5/hd7770 that's bottlenecking me though. may be time for an SSD

Copons

BTW is fucking difficult to sell CSD to random people.
I'm thinking probably I should do a Let's Play with a secondary camera pointed to my keyboard, but then I'd scare even more people away cause of my mad skillz. :(

Or I could film my girlfriend playing, but then she'd pwn all you supposedly pro players off every leaderboards, and it just doesn't seem polite at all.

Arthea

It looks like that I underestimated long live the queen.
This is more complex than I anticipated. I hope my CK2 skills will save me.

We all underestimated, that's the beauty of this game. It's so easy to dismiss out hand and so hard to stop laughing about it later, after playing it.
Caerith saved us from overlooking this game

you are going to have to sell me a little harder than that man.

I'm very wary of games that look like they will send me to jail if I play them.

my steam review:

Death never was this cute!
Long Live the Queen is a game that everybody can enjoy, unless they hate the Game of Thrones, and as we all know, nobody hates GoT. The game seems simple enough from the first glance, but it's misconception. Long Live the Queen has so much depth, it's royally amazing! The more choices we make, the more story branches. Some paths are straightforward and logical, some are complicated and complex, some lead to glory, some to evil, some to most horrible death in cute made creepy way, but discovering any one of them is fun.
Can't recommend enough, but still will try:
Long live the Queen! or Die one more time for me!

sprinkles

Is Analogue A Hate story good?
It is less like a "standard" Visual Novel and more like you digging through old logs and computer systems trying to discover what happened to a derelict space ship.

Will finally pick up Hate Plus as it is the first time it is 50% off. I wonder if I should try getting the
Harem Ending
in Analogue first though or just stick with my original playthrough.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It is less like a "standard" Visual Novel and more like you digging through old logs and computer systems trying to discover what happened to a derelict space ship.

Will finally pick up Hate Plus as it is the first time it is 50% off. I wonder if I should try getting the
Harem Ending
in Analogue first though or just stick with my original playthrough.

Get the Harem ending save.

You're going to really want it.

Shurayuki

Long Live The Queen is ace, buy buy buy.

RPS

If the art style puts you off, how about this: Long Live The Queen is a Sansa Stark simulator.

Falling somewhere between life sim and interactive fiction, Long Live The Queen is perhaps most analogous to the stream of chance, learning and misfortune that are the Fighting Fantasy books, only the threats come to you and are dealt with more by stately composure, regal dancing and a thorough knowledge of the kingdom’s history than by sword and spell.

[...]

My greatest regret with Long Live The Queen is that I didn’t play it before December 1st 2013, because you can be damned sure I’d have fought for it to go in our games of the year advent calendar if I had. The queen is all kinds of dead. Long live the queen.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
PAC-MAN DX+ is digital crack I tell ya.

Aye, that it is. Now if more people on my friends list would play it so they can challenge my score. So I'm grateful you are playing it.

Tis a weird game though as I played so thoroughly on PS3 that I had memorised for the best results, times, combos, etc and it was great fun doing so that first time. Yet for all that fun and enjoyment, in order to enjoy it again these years later, I had to actively and purposefully forget it just to enjoy it again. I can't think of any other game I would actually want to forget, but it works here.

I've heard bad things about Pacman on steam. Is it worth buying? I could be wrong but I've heard things like not supporting any higher than 720p or somthing like that. I'm gonna check the pcg wiki and see what it says. I've played the demo on PS3 and it did make me want it.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I've heard bad things about Pacman on steam. Is it worth buying? I could be wrong but I've heard things like not supporting any higher than 720p or somthing like that. I'm gonna check the pcg wiki and see what it says. I've played the demo on PS3 and it did make me want it.

I don't know about any resolution issues, as it looks perfectly fine to me on default settings (and mind you came from playing the PS3 game), so the only real issue as I see it is in regard to the fact on Steam has it broken up between base game and DLC. Which is solved if you just wait for a sale or a deal in which PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX+ All You Can Eat Pack is as cheap or cheaper than the main game and that happens often enough.
BGM isn't really need, Skins aren't needed, just the Courses (levels) are for DLC.

Plays perfectly fine on Steam, no lag or graphical issues getting in the way. Control, no matter your set-up is as responsive as the other versions of the game for other platforms.
Tis a great game, addictive for going for the best run, competing for high scores, good visuals with several different styles to go for, and it has managed to entertain even people like me who doesn't like the standard maze Pac-Man.

Relax.MX

A little thing.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Relax.MX:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-93FEE215E77598AE - Taken by Last Baron

Tizoc

So someone gifted me Intersteller Marines.
Wanted to add it to my steam inventory but accidentally added it to my game list =P
Guess I'm gonna have to play it down the line, but otherwise thanks to who offered ir.

Relax.MX

So someone gifted me Intersteller Marines.
Wanted to add it to my steam inventory but accidentally added it to my game list =P
Guess I'm gonna have to play it down the line, but otherwise thanks to who offered ir.

Why you want a game in your inventory?

I send the game. (I dont like modbot i just sent games at random in my friendlist).

It seems that gift games was already become so trivial for this community. Its a shame i remember when a gift was something. Now is just a 1+. I guess this is why Xelios are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom