• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Gone Home discounts are getting WORSE as time passes lol

dot

Anyone interested in visual novels should get Analogue if they haven't already. I've never seen it this cheap before.

I'd make a ton of giveaways of it but i don't have any money right now. :(

okayfrog

Banned
Maybe will grab Gone Home.

Though these Tags are deterring me, haha.

Even though I agree with the "Overrated" tag, I do still think that one should be only be able to tag a game if they own it. Would clean up a decent amount of the mess, methinks. With that being said as well, cleaning up the mess kinda makes tags boring. Like, I look at Metal Slug 3 and I see "action" and "side-scroller" and "2D". Very boring, very uninteresting, and they also tell me nothing about the game beyond what I can already discern from the screenshots or description. Clicking on "more tags" shows stuff like "RAWKIT LAWNCHAIR" and "HEAVY MACHINE GUN" and I love those because they tell you things that you'd only experience by playing the game; they make me want to actually play the game so I understand what these tags are talking about.

I would advise against LLTQ. It's not a very good game at all.
I expected something different, but it's basically raising numbers randomly until you can get to certain parts of a hidden flowchart.

Unless you take notes and draw the flowchart yourself or look at an FAQ, it's pretty much impossible to plan on getting anywhere.
Biggest regret of the last sale for me.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
any of these visual novel type games worth playing? thinking of analogue because it's cheap

So is 30 flights of loving worth it? Seems that it's 30 minutes long which is fine given the price but I just wanna know if it's any good.Also: controller support?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
So is 30 flights of loving worth it? Seems that it's 30 minutes long which is fine given the price but I just wanna know if it's any good.Also: controller support?

I really liked 30 flights of loving, but I couldn't really recommend it to anybody. It's more an experiment in a barely interactive story than a game, and I'm pretty sure it took less than 15 minutes for me to go through. I guess if that doesn't scare you off then jump in.

dani_dc

50% off Hate Plus?
Might buy that.

Everyone should buy Long Live The Queen, it's the best princess simulator on Steam, with a nice blend of cute and brutal murders.

StAidan

LLTQ is worth getting IMO, I logged 15 hours finding my way to 100% achievements and never really got tired of it. It's not for everyone, but it's pretty good when you're not in the mood for twitch games.

Teppic

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bastion -- MB-95FECA335488B527 - Taken by Benedict. 2 entrants total.
Limbo -- MB-15C8D652F5BBFB67 - Taken by stonedwal. 3 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-10FFF5566445BCB3 - Taken by interion. 9 entrants total.

t1392413298z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What the heck is 7 Grand Steps: What the Ancients Begat. I can't figure out what the hell is going on. It's like a combination slot machine, board game, text adventure, strategy game. They say one game takes 15 hours. It looks crazy deep and involved. I'm totally bamboozled!

Tizoc

Metal Slug 3 unlocked!
Woah I never took the bottom path in
Stage 1 before! playing it Metal Slug style is...tricky
Only gripe I have atm has to do with the fact that the keyboardwon't register more than 3 keys being input making the 2nd boss battle a little trickier @_@

Non the less this game looks fucking fantastic THOSE ANIMATIONS! BASED 16 BIT SNK!
One thing though...anyone have issues with the audio? Some of the SFX sound...weird.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, look at those sales. What is this Cook Serve Delicious game all about?

It looks like an incredible value.
Cook Serve Delicious is a restaurant sim kind of game developed by fellow gaffer chubigans. You select dishes for your menu, level them up, etc. It's been pretty well received here.

What the heck is 7 Grand Steps: What the Ancients Begat. I can't figure out what the hell is going on. It's like a combination slot machine, board game, text adventure, strategy game. They say one game takes 15 hours. It looks crazy deep and involved. I'm totally bamboozled!

i am also curious about this. it looks like king of dragon pass ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom