• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sini

It seems that gift games was already become so trivial for this community. Its a shame i remember when a gift was something. Now is just a 1+. I guess this is why Xelios are gone
I would create few giveaways of non-bundle games if most people here weren't like that here. It's a shame indeed.

topyy

ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Shelter -- MB-ECB7C85B482093F3 - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.

t1392408079z1.png

Why you want a game in your inventory?

I send the game. (I dont like modbot i just sent games at random in my friendlist).

It seems that gift games was already become so trivial for this community. Its a shame i remember when a gift was something. Now is just a 1+. I guess this is why Xelios are gone

I call it Giftflation.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really should start idling cards more seriously again.

95XmcMU.png

Miker

So Bionic Commando Wifearmed (2009 reboot) is actually really solid. I'm playing it after finishing Rearmed, and the swinging controls are fantastic - a great transition from 2D to 3D. The level design seems to be a bit questionable at times, but the core mechanics are so well built that I don't mind at all.

Just finished my last final, and tomorrow I'll be all day long playing games on a LAN party with some friends. Woo!

On topic, Deadly Premonition is fantastic. I finished it two days ago and I can't get it out of my head. Truly a masterpiece, even if the PC port is kinda horrible. GOAT.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I want to take one of those tiny penguins from the Ice Caves in Spelunky and use it in whatever stages come after that.

I also wish this game had a hug button. Every game needs a hug button.

FloatOn

I want to take one of those tiny penguins from the Ice Caves in Spelunky and use it in whatever stages come after that.

I also wish this game had a hug button. Every game needs a hug button.

KenOD
a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
(Today, 03:09 PM)

I've never been able to make it past the ice caves. One day I will.

Wow, I remember seeing the boxart for this at a Blockbuster so many years ago.

I remember liking this game quite a bit on the original Xbox. Will add to my wish list (because why not just keep adding games that I'll never get around to playing?).

What's the story on Disciples 3? I loved 2 back in the day.

catabarez

I remember liking this game quite a bit on the original Xbox. Will add to my wish list (because why not just keep adding games that I'll never get around to playing?).

What's the story on Disciples 3? I loved 2 back in the day.

Hopefully it will have controller support added because not many PC ports of the time included it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Why you want a game in your inventory?

I send the game. (I dont like modbot i just sent games at random in my friendlist).

It seems that gift games was already become so trivial for this community. Its a shame i remember when a gift was something. Now is just a 1+.

Yep, that's why. It's because giveaways are too easy.

Not because bundle games have an average cost of 10 to 30 cents (before cards, so some effectively have a net negative cost), are often shitty or forgettable, and there's so many bundles that even if you spend 24/7/365 playing them for no good reason you still wouldn't get through them all before more launch and even outside bundles Steam gets fifty new games a week.

What a terrible world it is when people aren't truly valuing Interstellar Marines.

Meanwhile, people still give each other plenty of gifts of actual worthwhile games during sale events, just as they always have.

I guess this is why Xelios are gone

*rolleyes*

jonno394

little bummed i can't get witcher 2 any higher than 40-50 fps. i actually suspect its my hard drive rather than my i5/hd7770 that's bottlenecking me though. may be time for an SSD

Try turning off Uber sampling if it's on, did the trick for me, game auto selected the ultra settings but I was only getting 35/40, turned it off and now im playing with 60fps.

Just fyi im on a i5 3670k with a Gigabyte 280x, so looking at your specs it probably is the video card that is causing the issues.

catabarez

Wait Xelios left?

I'm also bummed that people just place gifts in their inventory. The games are gifted to you so you can play them not so they can be traded or sold.

I can't wait to see 4K screenshots of LocoCycle.

I played the game at a trade show once and the excited Twisted Pixel guy told me "wow, that's the highest score I've seen today!" after I button mashed my way through an action segment. I'm still not really sure if they were just telling everyone that or if I truly MASHED 2 GUD

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
On a similar, but more off-topic note, an unknown party called me on my cellphone at 11 AM today. There was some background noise and then a young, possibly female voice asked me (in Russian) if I was "selling a dormitory" without any proper greetings. I asked them to repeat and they did. Then I told them I wasn't selling any dormitories and they immediately hung up. What was that about? I tried googling their number afterwards and it's apparently registered in Krasnodar Krai (I'm not sure if that information is trustworthy though), that's where Sochi is. Might have something to do with that.
You should have asked her for a cheap copy of South Park: TSoT.

JakeD

You're not serious I hope.

when i installed it, its largeness forced me to put it on my backup drive which is 5400rpm. i've read this game actually benefits alot from hd speed

it's pretty much the only thing i can think of, considering im bouncing between 40-50 and every demanding setting (and most of the non demanding ones) are set to low/off

jonno394

when i installed it, its largeness forced me to put it on my backup drive which is 5400rpm. i've read this game actually benefits alot from hd speed

it's pretty much the only thing i can think of, considering im bouncing between 40-50 and every demanding setting (and most of the non demanding ones) are set to low/off

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-rift-ssd,3062-13.html

These cursory benchmarks confirm that, when it comes to frame rates, storage is not your bottleneck. Speeding it up won't yield bigger numbers. Almost always, graphics is what holds you back. Less often, processor performance gets in the way. The improvements facilitated by SSDs are seen in game and level loading.

On a similar, but more off-topic note, an unknown party called me on my cellphone at 11 AM today. There was some background noise and then a young, possibly female voice asked me (in Russian) if I was "selling a dormitory" without any proper greetings. I asked them to repeat and they did. Then I told them I wasn't selling any dormitories and they immediately hung up. What was that about? I tried googling their number afterwards and it's apparently registered in Krasnodar Krai (I'm not sure if that information is trustworthy though), that's where Sochi is. Might have something to do with that.

That's weird. I got a reset password request for Steam in my inbox today and the IP is in Russia... Has me slightly worried.

Anyone else ever see this?

Ahh, I really liked having Xelios' reviews prominently displayed in steam. They were helpful when making purchasing decisions on more obscure games.

sprinkles

Ahh, I really liked having Xelios' reviews prominently displayed in steam. They were helpful when making purchasing decisions on more obscure games.
Yeah, I really miss having Xel in my timeline. Plus he or she was a really cool bro, and helped me lots with buying stuff not available in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom