• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My HL2 just received a 3 mb update.

e9576968c82663e3ba07f962edc0722e.gif

You're a few hours late.

I guess. He had mentioned something about a Steam group that posts more deals than on here and he deleted me off of Steam as well

I posted this before, but this bothers me. The point of this community is to help each other out and spread the news about deals and such. I think that JaseC, Grief, Turf, etc. do a pretty great job when 'breaking news' hits, and I think as a community we do a pretty good job about getting the word out.

I think it's pretty crappy when someone knows / finds out about a deal, and then posts about how there's too much side talk and missing deals, etc.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know.

/rant.

Ahh, I really liked having Xelios' reviews prominently displayed in steam. They were helpful when making purchasing decisions on more obscure games.

Completely agree. Loved getting impressions about just about every game on steam.

I posted this before, but this bothers me. The point of this community is to help each other out and spread the news about deals and such. I think that JaseC, Grief, Turf, etc. do a pretty great job when 'breaking news' hits, and I think as a community we do a pretty good job about getting the word out.

I think it's pretty crappy when someone knows / finds out about a deal, and then posts about how there's too much side talk and missing deals, etc.

/rant.

To be honest, I use the IsThereAnyDeal for most of the sales but I come here for new releases, upcoming releases, reviews, bundles, bundle unlocks and just a great and friendly group of people. It's hard to find a community as helpful and easy going as this.

FloatOn

/rant.

all the side talk is 99% of the fun for me. .5% is actually talking about the games we are playing and the last .5% is about the deals.

why I am going to sweat if I accidentally spend a dollar or two more on a game I want to buy in the first place?

I guess if my goal is to own every single thing on steam like xelios I guess those dollars add up. I intend to play all of the games I buy though so maybe I'm some kind of weirdo.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
One of our titans fell.

Goodnight Salsa.

:(

EDIT: Wow, he was banned for that? I think that was a bit much. He wasn't begging for a key so much as he was being asked to get pointed in the right direction for signups. FREE OUR SALSAMAYNE

Levyne

Banned
all the side talk is 99% of the fun for me. .5% is actually talking about the games we are playing and the last .5% is about the deals.

why I am going to sweat if I accidentally spend a dollar or two more on a game I want to buy in the first place?

I guess if my goal is to own every single thing on steam like xelios I guess those dollars add up. I intend to play all of the games I buy though so maybe I'm some kind of weirdo.

I am the same. I don't enter deals that have games I don't anticipate playing. I don't even download free* stuff from PS+ or similar if I am positive it's a game I will never boot up.

Hell, my entirely free Origin catalog (thanks coupon error from a couple years back) just sits there unplayed, whats the point?

Speaking of origin games, RIP, Salsa :(

One of our titans fell.

Goodnight Salsa.

EDIT: Wow, he was banned for that? I think that was a bit much. He wasn't begging for a key so much as he was being asked to get pointed in the right direction for signups. FREE OUR SALSAMAYNE

That looked like sarcasm, but it also happened like three posts down from a mod telling everyone to knock off the begging.

We are down a Salsa and a Grief now. Slow times for Steam Threads.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thread titles are meant to be read. Unless they we can't observe them says Ken Ham.

I finally beat the Ice Caves and arrived at The Temple. What excitement as I stood slightly to the left of me and the ground crushed me into the ceiling instantly. T'would be nice if my first moments in a new level didn't always last less than 30 seconds.

At least the penguins are still safe in the Ice Caves.

Oh and speaking of deals. https://indiegamestand.com/deal/ Blood of the Werewolf for any price you want, but I say it's quite worth the $10.

FloatOn

don't sweat it guys it's probably only a week or two. I'm still bummed about derrick's perma.

also grief should be back soon so that will help restore order.

on the topic of titanfall I think I'm just going to play brink and then blacklight retribution in quick succession and then call it a day.

Garcia

Aye, that it is. Now if more people on my friends list would play it so they can challenge my score. So I'm grateful you are playing it.

Hehe, yep, I'll be a regular from now. It is one of those gems that somehow went off my radar for quite a long time. Will be checking out the scores from time to time. =)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
don't sweat it guys it's probably only a week or two. I'm still bummed about derrick's perma.

also grief should be back soon so that will help restore order.

on the topic of titanfall I think I'm just going to play brink and then blacklight retribution in quick succession and then call it a day.

Heh, I had said that to some pals the other night when we were talking about the advanced movement being one of the coolest things about Titanfall.

"Man, remember the last game to try that? Brink..."

Then we all felt the pits of our stomachs churn.

I still have to buy Brink on steam now that I think about it.

Oreoleo

One of our titans fell.

Goodnight Salsa.

seems like more of a "didn't read the OP" kind of ban to me.

Radio

I have 4 days to make $3.99 selling cards so I can rebuy The Witcher 2.

*the song from the beginning of Drive starts playing as I load up Steam Achievement Manager and begin listing all my current cards*
*after listing them all, the music fades out, and I sit back and relax.*

*a minute later, a notification pops up on the bottom right of my screen... the music kicks back in.*

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
While I didn't like Titanfall at first, I came around to it eventually. They key I found isn't to play it like Call of Duty or really anything that's been "the standard" since Medal Of Honor made things common in regards to running around in straight lines, camping, etc.

As soon as the game starts getting more people who take more time to wall run, jump on the roofs of buildings, try to avoid the ground as much as possible, it'll be a lot better for multiplayer.
I still really get the love or hype the mech suits get, feeling just "now you are slightly bigger and control the same", no sense of real power or change to me, but I do like summoning it and letting it do it's own thing as I jump on buildings and what have you.

Not that I'll buy it. My tolerance for multiplayer focused FPS is only about 20 hours now. The late 90s and early 2000s just burnt me out with far too much time spent on Medal of Honor, Unreal Tournaments, Tribes, and so forth. Likewise if I want a mech, I'll go to a classic like Starsiege.

jmizzal

I am not really sure about TitanFall. I have fun playing it so far, but it also feels a lot like CoD to me and I get bored of CoD pretty quickly.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100830641&postcount=950

Wow thats bannable? He wasnt begging he was asking a question

He did do zero research. If he typed exactly that on google, he would get an answer. It is a little on the lazy side, tbh.

I understand that but this is a gaming forum where u get gaming answers on right

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Derrick's gone for good? Shame, he had some interesting viewpoints at times. What did he do, or is it best not to ask?

Pushing too many buttons too many times. I will miss his viewpoints on things even if it seemed like he was going full contrarian for the sake of it. It became sort of a meta-ban. If Derrick stepped in to any thread, it became very much about his opinion and less about the rest of the topic.

There comes a time where as admins/moderators, you have to take into account how toxic one person is regardless of if their viewpoints are legit.

Tellaerin

/rant.

It's not just you. I said something to that effect when Xel made those remarks, myself. If you know about a sale that hasn't been mentioned here, why not post about it to the thread?

Sadly, the only thing I could take away from that is that SteamGAF is only worth anything as an info feed for sales, and if we don't always have the breaking news first, we're useless and not worth the time. Which is kind of depressing. : /

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom