• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh, I had said that to some pals the other night when we were talking about the advanced movement being one of the coolest things about Titanfall.
"Man, remember the last game to try that? Brink..."
Then we all felt the pits of our stomachs churn.
I still have to buy Brink on steam now that I think about it.

It's co-op rather than competitive, but Warframe does the "active movement shooter" thing pretty well. Wall-running, knee-sliding, huge leaping, etc. I mean, it's not Vanquish or anything, but then again... what else is?

nexen

Here's an extra copy of Syberia.

ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Syberia -- MB-75A43F7FC46F6B8E - Taken by Relax.MX

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Shit man. Fire up SAM and get those pennies!

Will be a lot easier now that I've made this:

UABbio3.png

Just played a couple of mathces in Titanfall.

Tbh, it was a bit boring.

I got kinda turned off on the game after seeing some full match gameplay, it just looks too much like it's still just round after round of multiplayer without any story thrown in whatsoever. I'm pretty much over multiplayer shooters, so Titanfall will have to wait until it's cheaper.

Garcia

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-351890E5C7895762

t1392426080z1.png

okayfrog

Banned
I'm gonna miss Derrick. Yeah his posts were contrarian, but I feel like that kinda hate is a-okay sometimes so long as you don't go full 4chan, and he didn't. Oh well.

Anybody try playing Metal Slug 3 yet with an SNES controller? Probably how I'll be playing it later tonight.

derExperte

I'm not an OCD-guy but that some tags are written in lower case while most are upper case makes my eyes twitch. Can't even add the other one.

Radio

I have 4 days to make $3.99 selling cards so I can rebuy The Witcher 2.

*the song from the beginning of Drive starts playing as I load up Steam Achievement Manager and begin listing all my current cards*
*after listing them all, the music fades out, and I sit back and relax.*

*a minute later, a notification pops up on the bottom right of my screen... the music kicks back in.*

Just got a Cities in Motion 2 foil.

I was trying to think of a moment in Drive to compare this to, but none come close to the unadulterated joy of receiving a virtual trading card that you can sell for $0.31.

guys, buy Long Live The Queen, thank me later. If this tag is appropriate, it's for this game.

I'm thinking about it, but then I look at the video for it on the Steam page and it really doesn't look like my kind of game.

I did add Unholy Heights to my wishlist thought.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Gav47

With regards to South Park, why is an Ubisoft game steamworks? Is Obsidian self publishing the PC version or has Ubi given up on Uplay?

Vibranium

Banned
don't sweat it guys it's probably only a week or two. I'm still bummed about derrick's perma.

Dammit, Derrick finally got perm'ed? I am really going to miss him, he was really having fun with Harvest Moon A New Beginning, you guys... he does enjoy games.

It's a shame he couldn't control himself, you'd think he'd have known he was walking on thin ice the last few times.

yatesl

I know this is a Steam thread, but I wanted to post it somewhere. Say what you want about EA, but Origin isn't that bad. They also seem to know there place, when it comes to Steam.

The fact that they let you disable Origin ingame, and (more so) it can automatically exit Origin once you close down a game, shows that they know that people are just launching their games from Steam.

It used to be, to have it show "yatesl is playing Crysis 3 (non-Steam game)" on my friends list, I'd have to add the Origin.exe to Steam itself, launch the game from inside Origin, then remember to quit Origin whenever I've finished.

Now I just add the shortcut, it takes ~10 seconds to boot up Origin, log in, and start the game (I imagine less if I'm in offline mode), and then when I quit, it shuts it down? Perfect.

Now UPlay just need to add this option. I know it does it with Steam games already, but I have a few games that I only own on UPlay. They have controller support, which is a start, but you still have to press A or B to quit.

Surprise release: http://store.steampowered.com/app/271820/

header_292x136.jpg

Ittle Dew-like characters playing cards.

I loved the Ittle Dew character design. How does this play? Magic-style, or Final Fantasy VIII-style?

enjoy, ya poops

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Bionic Dues -- MB-EF95A6B360CE95CF - Taken by derExperte
Syberia 2 -- MB-FFFBEEE429DFC371 - Taken by jmizzal

Turfster

Count me excited. I've had a soft spot for Cyanide since the Game of Thrones RPG and have been wanting to play Of Orcs and Men for a long time.

This is apparently a character from Of Orcs and Men (which I also want to play, but have never found for the right price) which had terrible stealth sections, or so I've been told... so yeah, I really hope they polished their skills!

It seems that gift games was already become so trivial for this community. Its a shame i remember when a gift was something. Now is just a 1+. I guess this is why Xelios are gone

Yeah, that's sad.

I'm more tempted than I should be... hmm...

I got this and have been playing it...

It is a really strange game. Each mission is had an action part which controls like a character action game, then there are shooting parts which control in a less than stellar manner since you can only shoot ahead of you and not to the sides, and then theres a large number of QTE sections.

I so far like the game, but I think its one of Twisted Pixel's weaker games. The live action cutscenes are also way to long and really cringey.

Hopefully Comic Jumper gets to steam one day.

Uraizen

Banned
Don't do it, especially not for $10. LocoCycle is *trash*, and this is coming from someone who actually liked their earlier work (even Comic Jumper). LocoCycle is straight-up garbage.

Oh God, now I really want it.
Just not for $10.

I got this and have been playing it...

It is a really strange game. Each mission is had an action part which controls like a character action game, then there are shooting parts which control in a less than stellar manner since you can only shoot ahead of you and not to the sides, and then theres a large number of QTE sections.

I so far like the game, but I think its one of Twisted Pixel's weaker games. The live action cutscenes are also way to long and really cringey.

Hopefully Comic Jumper gets to steam one day.

For some reason, hearing it's decent makes me lose interest in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom