• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh God, now I really want it.
Just not for $10.

For some reason, hearing it's decent makes me lose interest in it.

I can't emphasize its weirdness enough. Seriously its cutscenes are a trainwreck. There's been two live action ones so far that drag far too long, and they are awfully directed and acted, and the jokes all fell flat.

Like I said, the character action style gameplay is the only part I really like, the rest is dull, which is weird because it was in development for so long.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Wow.

r7kOsLz.png

Garcia

Reposting for new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

VVVVVV -- MB-351890E5C7895762 - Taken by zeroOman. 6 entrants total.

t1392426080z1.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Origin numbers are fudged.

It really is going significantly faster than anything I've downloaded from Steam, though. I struggle to hit 1 mb/s with Steam, despite having a better connection than that. My download speeds are still rough, but not <1 mb/s rough.

Titanfall is up to 4 gbs after about 25 minutes of downloading. With Steam or Uplay, that would've taken a couple hours.

Tellaerin

Origin numbers are fudged. Although, your Steam numbers are really low. How do they compare to your advertised speeds?

Fudged numbers or no, I have to say that downloading through Origin is typically faster than Steam for me, too. (Not that either is terribly slow.) That is something I have to give them credit for.

It really is going significantly faster than anything I've downloaded from Steam, though. I struggle to hit 1 mb/s with Steam, despite having a better connection than that. My download speeds are still rough, but not <1 mb/s rough.

Titanfall is up to 4 gbs after about 25 minutes of downloading. With Steam or Uplay, that would've taken a couple hours.

Ever tried changing your main download server to something closer?

Nabs

Origin always surpasses my advertised speeds. 50Mb advertised, but in Origin I get 120Mb.

I think it's also measuring your disk copy rate or something. I always keep track with a bandwidth meter, and Steam is just way more consistent than Origin.

Colin.

Played LTTQ for a while today. Had two playthroughs, and I met my demise in both. In terms of learning skills, it seems to be about learning the right things at the right time. If you don't have a high enough skill when you need it, it can result in your death. So it is quite tricky to get right. I quite enjoy taking part in this trial of error in decision making, as the choice you make really do make a difference, but I can see why it may not be for everyone. Definitely worth the sale price for me.

Copons

Thread titles are meant to be read. Unless they we can't observe them says Ken Ham.

I finally beat the Ice Caves and arrived at The Temple. What excitement as I stood slightly to the left of me and the ground crushed me into the ceiling instantly. T'would be nice if my first moments in a new level didn't always last less than 30 seconds.

At least the penguins are still safe in the Ice Caves.

First time I got to the temple it was a dark level and I had only 1 heart left. I really don't know how I got to the second level (where I got killed by the same thing that killed you, but horizzontally instead :'( ).

Nabs

Probably way late with this, but wow @

According to their Twitter it's fake. https://twitter.com/FUNCreators

FUN Creators &#8207;@FUNCreators 27m
@Totalbiscuit
Please don't play photoshop games until we sort out the problem.
Do you want us to create an email sent by you to anyone?

-----

FUN Creators &#8207;@FUNCreators 7m
Ok guys, we are working on email now:
It will be from TB to EA asking for a job.
Just wait, then you will understand :D

This is amazing.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh wow.

"Our game can't POSSIBLY be bad, so someone must have it out for us and pushed you into making that video! Yeah, that's it!"

Wooooooow.

derExperte

FUN Creators &#8207;@FUNCreators 27m
@Totalbiscuit
Please don't play photoshop games until we sort out the problem.
Do you want us to create an email sent by you to anyone?

-----

FUN Creators &#8207;@FUNCreators 7m
Ok guys, we are working on email now:
It will be from TB to EA asking for a job.
Just wait, then you will understand :D

This is amazing.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/259640/discussions/0/558746089682249264/

They've got a point there, why write that and then try to take down the video? Let's see where this goes but I actually don't trust TB any more than any random game company I've never heard of before.

jediyoshi

In-Home Streaming Beta
Added controller support for Fallout 3, Orcs Must Die 2, and Walking Dead
Fixed crash at startup in Walking Dead if a controller was plugged in on the client
Added detection for RDP, which causes the game to stream with a black screen

I doubt this is actually the case, but it'd be funny to think Valve were the ones fixing TT's games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The funniest part of that email:

...it will cost us nothing to send our lawyers to UK courts and make it a real accusation if you want.

Since when are lawyers free?

Copons

Couldn't someone pretend being FUN Creators on YT, make them remove the video and then send a fake email to TB?

I guess it could be possible, especially considering that Google could be kinda sloppy when it comes to check if the request is true.

But then again, if random people get to file patents faking being some huge well-known company, why not this?

Tenrius

That email does look fake. Who in their right mind writes this way? And then there's the matter of a font change halfway through and that Steam discussion thread. I'm on the developer's side here.

Mind if I make a thread about this?

Try not to be too sensationalistic if you do. Someone might get a wrong idea.

rtcn63

Playing Half-Life 2 at max FOV dispersed with watching House of Cards (BBC) is giving me something akin to vertigo. If I knew what vertigo actually was. I'll start To Play the King tomorrow.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.9. The change log for this version includes:

• Added a link on user profiles to their wishlist
  • Added back the achievement section to app pages that Valve mysteriously removed
  • Added sorting options to achievement pages, and the ability to sort by date unlocked
  • Added option to hide all Early Access games on the homepage and search results
  • Added badge completion and value of card drops to badges page based on avg card price
  • Added badge page sorting option to sort by highest estimated drop value
  • Added Enhanced Steam features to Steam Tag pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused hiding DLC for unowned games not to work under certain circumstances
  • Fixed homepage "Featured" section being incorrectly sized due to layout changes
This update should apply itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. And just a heads up, I'm working on porting some of these features over to Firefox soon.

Garcia

That's quite an update right there. :O Great job man, might as well rename the plugin to Ultimate Steam. All those new features will be very handy.

Also, fucking PAC-MAN DX is worse than crack. I can't believe how good that game is. Damn!

jshackles

Amazing, as always.
Did you fix the recommendations thing (on the for you page, recommendations don't have the yes/no icons) in Enhanced Steam?
If not, consider it a feature suggestion ;)

Thanks! It wasn't fixed in this version, but I did notice this yesterday.

I'll look into it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom