• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustinBB7

Been playing Deus Ex: HR after beating Deus Ex 1. About 9 hours in or so. Man, this game is so good. It's a modern game, with modern game standards, but it still feels so close to the original as well. I guess it's because the original was far ahead of it's time perhaps.

I asked a friend if sniper rifles were still in the game because I haven't seen any so far, and he said to go up the gas station. I couldn't find the way up to get to the window leading there, so instead I just stacked up tons of barrels and made my way up that way lmao. Which just felt so oldschool.

765371CE4F5557665F7D322429C91A86F43B5B33

Good stuff. Sucks you can't put a silencer on it though, making it kinda useless..

JustinBB7

There's a silenced sniper rifle in the preorder bonus dlc.

Which is pretty bullshit :/ should be able to put a silencer on the normal one. It's my only complaint about it so far. It was my main weapon in the first one. And now to get it in this game I'd have to go back in time to pre-order.

Which is pretty bullshit :/ should be able to put a silencer on the normal one. It's my only complaint about it so far. It was my main weapon in the first one. And now to get it in this game I'd have to go back in time to pre-order.
All those preorder bonus dlcs were available on Steam, now that they are pulled due to Director's Cut's release, the only places you can find them are 3rd party key vendors.

Amazon link.

Been playing Deus Ex: HR after beating Deus Ex 1. About 9 hours in or so. Man, this game is so good. It's a modern game, with modern game standards, but it still feels so close to the original as well. I guess it's because the original was far ahead of it's time perhaps.

I asked a friend if sniper rifles were still in the game because I haven't seen any so far, and he said to go up the gas station. I couldn't find the way up to get to the window leading there, so instead I just stacked up tons of barrels and made my way up that way lmao. Which just felt so oldschool.

Good stuff. Sucks you can't put a silencer on it though, making it kinda useless..

That is good stuff.

Speaking of, I have a somewhat silly question:

I purchased a game from Amazon so quickly, I didn't realize it wasn't the version I wanted. I realized after I used Amazon's downloader-thingy.

Fortunately (maybe), the downloader needed to save somewhere that didn't have any passwords, or something (I use an external hard drive to save game stuff to; it has a password lock, which I need to get rid of). The installation was canceled part way through.

All that I was left with was the amazon downloader application, the game folder and an AFP file, nothing else.

I got the game key in an email; could I use that key elsewhere and would it be activate-able there? Like, if I tried activating it on someone else's Steam account, would it work there?

That is good stuff.

Speaking of, I have a somewhat silly question:

I purchased a game from Amazon so quickly, I didn't realize it wasn't the version I wanted. I realized after I used Amazon's downloader-thingy.

Fortunately (maybe), the downloader needed to save somewhere that didn't have any passwords, or something (I use an external hard drive to save game stuff to; it has a password lock, which I need to get rid of). The installation was canceled part way through.

All that I was left with was the amazon downloader application, the game folder and an AFP file, nothing else.

I got the game key in an email; could I use that key elsewhere and would it be activate-able there? Like, if I tried activating it on someone else's Steam account, would it work there?

Should work.
As far as I know the Amazon Downloader just downloads some .txt file with the key.

Should work.
As far as I know the Amazon Downloader just downloads some .txt file with the key.

In that case

here goes! I seriously didn't ask for this

ModBot said:
Instructions for Spring-Loaded:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Spring-Loaded, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition (NOT THE DIRECTOR'S CUT) -- MB-612BCF252B93BAA4 - Taken by _hekk05. 8 entrants total.

t1392450740z1.png

An-Det

I've been drinking the last few hours and playing Dark Souls, and just beat Ornstein and Smough. Goddamn that's an awesome fight, challenging as hell but I loved it. After I died the first time I grinded a bit to raise my stamina so I could fully equip the black iron set, and then more to max out my Black Knight Sword to +5. I died maybe 15-20 times (including an early few where I Ornstein and I died at the same time and it still did the cutscene), and Smough's electric ass pound got me good a few times, but I got the fucker in the end.

Goddamn this game is great.

Tizoc

Gonna install Interstellar Marines and play it alongside The Raven for the next few days.
Juggling PS3+LOL+Steam gaming is gonna be tricky these next few days...

Deques

There was someone in here the other day saying they had an invalid key for Prey.

I had the same thing and raised a ticket with Steam support. They asked me to attach a picture of the back of my manual showing the key and a piece of paper showing my support ticket number on it. They just activated the game direct to my account.

Good times. I'll never play it of course...

that would be me who had the problem. i solved it by letting the ebay seller know about the incorrect key. they sent me a new key and it worked

For a game that was previously exclusive to GFWL, it's kind weird that Blazblue Calamity Trigger doesn't feature Xbox controller button icons in its UI. Guess I'm just spoiled by most modern multipaltform releases from the last few years.

Spare for you guys
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aerena -- MB-188511D687FE6702 - Taken by Sajjaja. 3 entrants total.

t1392457985z1.png

For a game that was previously exclusive to GFWL, it's kind weird that Blazblue Calamity Trigger doesn't feature Xbox controller button icons in its UI. Guess I'm just spoiled by most modern multipaltform releases from the last few years.

There was always two versions. I don't know which was the base for the steam release, but I'd imagine the non GFWL edition (with the story mode enabled/patched in).

catabarez

From what I saw it alternates between keyboard and controller layout.

Yeah, it's the version of Calamity Trigger with all of the single player content in it, which is really the only selling point for the game as it's local-only multiplayer, unless they patch in steamworks at a later date and enable online.

I really only bought it to support Arc on Steam.

From what I saw it alternates between keyboard and controller layout.

You are correct, it does cycle through three different sets of icons, one is the standard Xbox controller icons, one is the Xbox button icons on keyboard keys and then keyboard keys.

Anteater

Bully PC looks really washed out for some reason, it's difficult to adjust it using sweetfx too, the outdoor just looks extremely bright.

Junk for you.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-0A04CEBD4884CA16 - Taken by eyeless

I really want to love Pixeljunk Monsters, but why isn't there a speed adjust slider? Levels and especially the final bouncing mob take forever to get anywhere.

There was someone in here the other day saying they had an invalid key for Prey.

I had the same thing and raised a ticket with Steam support. They asked me to attach a picture of the back of my manual showing the key and a piece of paper showing my support ticket number on it. They just activated the game direct to my account.

Good times. I'll never play it of course...

Congrats but where are you all getting your copies of Prey from?

"YOU NEED [insert x amount] OF DARK CRYSTAL SHARDS TO PROCEED"

Shut the fuck up Castlevania.

The-Bean

Origin > Steam confirmed.

What are we meant to be seeing here? Your DL speed? Everytime I've used Origin to download something the speed has always been over twice what my connection can even achieve. Check using a network monitor to find what it's actually downloading at.

_hekk05

Banned
Does anyone else have weird periods when updating dota 2 when steam DL speed crashes to 0, then continues on after a while? Happens multiple times everytime I update and only for dota 2.

Tellaerin

What are we meant to be seeing here? Your DL speed? Everytime I've used Origin to download something the speed has always been over twice what my connection can even achieve. Check using a network monitor to find what it's actually downloading at.

Or just download the same game through Steam and Origin and clock the time it takes for each download yourself. *shrug*

Sajjaja

Nah, this did 2 GB in legit 2-3 mins man.

Steam only ever maxes out at 2.05 for me.

Nabs

Or just download the same game through Steam and Origin and clock the time it takes for each download yourself. *shrug*

It's best to use a network meter when it comes to Origin. Titanfall is a 5-6gb download (12gb install), but Origin makes it seem like you're download more at a faster rate.

----

The High Res Screenshot thread has some nice NaissanceE shots. I still don't know what that game is about, but it looks nice.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Download the "Mega Mix" demo (NOLFDemo.zip). You won't be able to install it but you can just run the game from the game folder.

I remember you had issues with Assassin's Creed 4 saves glitching and ended up backing them up. I was wondering if you would share how you went about doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom