• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Dishonored DLC was pretty boss, just finished it. Way more content than I expected. Totally recommended to anyone who enjoyed the base game.

I approached it the same way I did the main campaign, playing the first time in high chaos killing everyone and alternating between stealth and action depending on my mood and what felt best for the section. I'll definitely go for a no killls + no alerts run in the future now that I know the layout of each area. My second run in the main game for the Ghost and Clean Hands achievements was very entertaining and I didn't feel like I was missing anything since I already had my fun with all the offensive powers and gadgets in the first playthrough.

kudoboi

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 Headhunter 4: Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre -- MB-E5935679CA60338C - Taken by spindoctor

Pachimari

Bought some of my first games on Steam: The Witcher, The Witcher 2 and Postal 2 Complete. This is gonna be addicting I can feel. :D

Unfortunately I can't buy from Amazon.com. Really wanted Sleeping Dogs for my new computer. :(

EDIT:
Hmm, I don't see C&C Collection on sale on Steam?

derExperte

Bought some of my first games on Steam: The Witcher, The Witcher 2 and Postal 2 Complete. This is gonna be addicting I can feel. :D

Unfortunately I can't buy from Amazon.com. Really wanted Sleeping Dogs for my new computer. :(

EDIT:
Hmm, I don't see C&C Collection on sale on Steam?

Welcome!

If amazon.com is blocking you use a real US address, doesn't need to be your own.

And C&C is an Amazon deal for Origin.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I kinda wish Bethesda would go back and throw achievements into the Steam version of Oblivion. The hooks appear to be incredibly simple going by the achievement descriptions on 360.

Turfster

I kinda wish Bethesda would go back and throw achievements into the Steam version of Oblivion. The hooks appear to be incredibly simple going by the achievement descriptions on 360.

You say that, but nobody wants to actually play Oblivion.
(unless you define 'playing' as finding new mods, spending hours to install them, booting the game and then remembering what a huge letdown the actual gameplay was)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You say that, but nobody wants to actually play Oblivion.
(unless you define 'playing' as finding new mods, spending hours to install them, booting the game and then remembering what a huge letdown the actual gameplay was)

I'm playing it now and I think it's pretty terrible, but achievements would make me feel better. Plus I have Skyrim maxed.

Nooooooooooo!!! I really like Red Alert 2 (with or without Yuri), and Generals but I can't buy the C&C Thing because I'm already at my limit. Curse my broke ass.

HoosTrax

I hate how with Amazon bundles, you can't get the individual titles at an appropriate discount. Guess I'll wait for a future sale on Enemy Within.

Nabs

Wow Origin doesn't even try to be subtle about it's inflated download speeds, this is 4x over my maximum speed. lol.

3Z4z5kg.png

Actual Speed: 11Mbps
Origin Speed™: 34Mbps

4CSWJYk.png

*booksmarks*

Anteater

I'm terrible at this clicking thing with syberia, I kept missing places and ended up running back and forth D:

Having fun with it so far though.

Now to find the cave!

Madridy

I have $20 2K credit from Amazon after Bioshock Infinite that expires on 31/3/2014

Wonder if it is worth it to buy that X-Com bundle (own the base game) for EW + The Bureau...

Or just wait for GTA V PCDD pre-order to show up before the credit expires.

I always expected them to throw up the first two elder scrolls on steam for like a 5 dollar bundle for just free money from suckers who either need stuff on steam or are unaware that they're free on their website.
4.4 =~ 4.36, looks all right to me.
You might want to look at what the column is named bud.

Phinor

Something for this Steam thread only:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an Origin key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Titanfall Beta (PC) -- MB-FE907430F8774D59 - Taken by kurahador. 5 entrants total.

t1392482962z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Any of you guys know of a reliable online store that sells Steam stuff where you can use bitcoins as a purchase method?

I usually drop my Bitcoins at SteamLoader.com. You just buy Steam wallet codes with Bitcoins then redeem them directly on Steam and purchase what you'd like. I can vouch for the service being good - most of my codes arrive within a few minutes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait a second, you mean you actually get bitcoins?

Yes I've had several people donate to Enhanced Steam via Bitcoin. While I can't use Bitcoin to pay for my hosting and bandwidth charges, I usually "buy them" from myself by converting them to Steam money on Steamloader and then transferring that amount into the account I pay these charges from.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Hey jshackles, for some reason I no longer seem to get the colour highlighting for games when using Enhanced Steam on Chrome or Opera 19. I get all the other features, just no blue and green highlighting at any part of the store. Everything is installed and latest updated, both browsers have default settings and "Enabled" under options.
Edit: Never mind, the moment I say that it magically comes back. I dont know why.

Opera 12 , nothing of Enhanced Steam works at all. Mind you the only version of Enhanced Steam for that is 1.1. so I understand the issues there, but I at least got some features until today. Set to Enabled as well.

All on a Vista OS computer if that matters at all.

Arthea

The Stanley Parable is really amusing, you guys were right.
There were several moments that I was laughing out loud, especially when
narrator had hysterical fit
, that was way too funny, also as you can imagine
adventuring line
got several chuckles out of me too. Too many references in that one.
I can say that
sad endings
are very funny too, as spoiler rooms.

Forkball

So uh, is there no way to play Hawken for free on Steam? I only see some early access pack. I played it for free at some point in its development, do I need to do something to link my Hawken account to Steam?

Corpekata

Banned
I have $20 2K credit from Amazon after Bioshock Infinite that expires on 31/3/2014

Wonder if it is worth it to buy that X-Com bundle (own the base game) for EW + The Bureau...

Or just wait for GTA V PCDD pre-order to show up before the credit expires.

Could be wrong but I seem to recall that it wouldn't work on preorders, games had to be out for like a month to use the credit on, so I imagine GTA would be out of the question.

Nabs

So uh, is there no way to play Hawken for free on Steam? I only see some early access pack. I played it for free at some point in its development, do I need to do something to link my Hawken account to Steam?

They should have emailed you a Steam key.

derExperte

Check spam folder or ask their support, every old play should receive a Steam key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom