• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Daily Fallen Enchantress 75% off

tumblr_mxuy05EEvM1qhgtrzo1_500.gif

Garcia

For those who regularly play Civ V: Am I missing out by not getting some of the DLC's that aren't included in the Humble Sid Meir Bundle?

I already donated and got the entire pack, but there's at least 10 DLC's that are not included in the bundle.

Caerith

Kinda late, but thanks Arthea for Azteka!

Oh come on, people.
Is it "bad small game team PR weekend" or something?
http://imgur.com/d3DuRWx
They deleted their douchey comment, but I did seek out their game and vote on it.

RIPD is $2.50 on Amazon. Redeems on Steam.
I hear it is complete garbage, so I know some of you here really want it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E8R6RR6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
RIPD is a poor reskin of God Mode, which was itself an okay Killing Floor-like. It was nominated for and almost won Giant Bomb's Worst Game of 2013 before Vinny rescinded his vote, saying that it's such a terrible game that it doesn't deserve the recognition of winning any award. Multiplayer only and the online was dead minutes after launch.

But it's a licensed game, so it'll probably get pulled at some point.

fantomena

Just received my review code for NaissanncE. Seems like a very mysterious game. Excatly what I like.

Need more "different" games like Gone Home, Jazzpunk, NaissanncE etc. After some hours with Titanfall beta and Alpha Protocol shooters are really uninteresting.

Caerith

For those who regularly play Civ V: Am I missing out by not getting some of the DLC's that aren't included in the Humble Sid Meir Bundle?

I already donated and got the entire pack, but there's at least 10 DLC's that are not included in the bundle.

The other DLCs include extra civs and game modes. I thought it was kinda lame that they had only the vanilla game in the bundle, and not, like, the gold edition or something, but fret not. There will likely be an "Upgrade to Complete Edition" thing for $5 or so during the Summer Sale, and that'll include all the DLC you missed.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
How bad can it be?

Every single moment you play it wonder to yourself "how could anyone think this was ready for release?" From bare bone level designs, to missions, to weird combat that doesn't always register or comes with a lag in-game, and all the rest just making you confused if they want out of time or simply never worked on the game again after early Beta development. Weapons especially feel underdeveloped, base model and base "type of weapon spread", but they mean nothing and are all equally fulfilling.

It's not even that's it's a bad game in "This is awful, I don't want to play this", but rather a bad game in the form of "it's not even a finished game and there is no fun to be had". Plenty of other games along the same lines to play from several years ago will give you more to do and feel far more complete. You can find better Unreal Tournament 2004 mods that feel more complete for this sub-genre.

topyy

you miss this one
10 days ago Removed store name – Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition Upgrade

Pachimari

But if I add something like Max Payne which I installed from an old retail copy, it's part of my Steam library? Even though it doesn't have a 12-digit code?

Garcia

you miss this one
10 days ago Removed store name – Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition Upgrade

That was so sneaky of them to do! LOL.

Well, I'll wait to see if there's a future upgrade just like Caerith already mentioned. Thanks for the info. I guess I'm ok for now with both BNW and G&K.

Anybody know if I can use streaming to stream from my Windows desktop to a laptop running Linux? Seems like it should work.

I haven't used streaming yet but I'd like to try to see how well it works for me.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

Garcia

Anyone interested?

Edit: Holy crap that was fast, lol.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization III -- MB-AC980B1461A71CB2 - Taken by Deques

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Yeah, I sometimes see the Russian store page on my iPad, for some reason.
I see the language selector at the top of the screen now, try that.

derExperte

Anyone else have the problem of steampowered.com defaulting to German language on their tablet browser? I have no clue where it's getting German from, or how to fix it.

Click on your user name on the top right and in the drop down menu select another language. At least that's how it works on the normal website.

Ah, you already found it.

MRORANGE

Anybody know if I can use streaming to stream from my Windows desktop to a laptop running Linux? Seems like it should work.

I haven't used streaming yet but I'd like to try to see how well it works for me.

Yes, this is the whole point of SteamOS streaming, being able to stream DirectX games onto other OS's.

remember to use lan cables to get the best performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom