• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOJHvrP.jpg

:p

Please don't fight, I like both Assassin's Creed 2 AND Euro Truck Simulator 2, don't make me choose!

Garcia

The replays in Pac-man are a godsend. I was trying to S-score my Highway's Time Trial and thanks to the best place's run I learned a couple of very useful tricks.

PAC Rainbow is my favorite track. The last 30 seconds are exhilarating when you're running at max speed eating as many ghosts as you can.

Only 85 hours? I thought it was more than that.

Hehe.

Short on cash right now, maybe? I've had weeks where I couldn't afford to drop $4 on nonessentials before, so I can hardly hold it against someone else if that's the case.

Geez. I can understand that. Send me friend request on Steam. I'll help you out. People need to play TW2, it's a fantastic game.

Bluth54

Playing Alan Wake for the first time(lol), and I'm really digging this video commentary option while you play. I wish more games had this. It's not frequent enough to distract me from the game and the segments are short and to the point.

Alan Wake is one of my favorite games and I've played it three times but I've never watched the video commentary. I might have to do another replay with video commentary.

Santiako

Just finished Ittle Dew, what a fantastic little game. Took me a bit over 2 hours, the game is hilarious from beggining to end, and there are a lot of very clever puzzles. Very much recommended!

Tellaerin

Geez. I can understand that. Send me friend request on Steam. I'll help you out. People need to play TW2, it's a fantastic game.

I appreciate the offer, but I'm good at the moment. : ) (I was able to pick up The Witcher 2 the last time it was on sale, though I still haven't gotten around to playing it yet.) I think FauX is the guy you want to contact - he's the one who was feeling bummed out about missing the giveaway earlier. (And that's damn kind of you, sir. SteamGAF really is BestGAF.)

eek5

Your adapter blew a "protection" fuse (that apparently blows for no reason at all). It's hard to replace (because it's so small) but you can plop down a glob of solder (bypassing the fuse) and it'll work.

Sure, you're risking frying your USB port, but since you're not constantly plugging it in and out your computer, it shouldn't be a problem.

Knock Offs, on the other hand, work without an issue and I've never heard of a knock-off stop working (probably because they don't have the fuse).

Either buy a fake one (which is what everybody does. My fake one has been going strong for 4 years now) or fix yours following this guide: http://replayproject.wordpress.com/...x-360™-wireless-gaming-receiver-for-windows®/

I fixed one of my originals (i sent the other one to a friend) and it's still working. However, it sits most of the time on my drawer, as I have no use for it since I bought the fake one (before fixing it). A lot of gaffers fixed theirs as well, and it has been discussed in numerous threads, including earlier versions of this one. afaik, nobody ever reported a problem with fixed adapters.
Yeah I bypassed my fuse to get it working again but I also have mine in a drawer since I just switched to wired controllers instead.

Levyne

Banned
Been trying at FTL for the past 4 hours or so. The game is very fun, but I am just terrible at it. Not good for planning in the long term, and specifically I stink at repelling intruders.

Sober

Drop it down to easy. You were having trouble with the combat if I recall correctly, you can get away with a lot more mashing and enemies go down a lot faster on the easiest difficulty. That's what I did, it's not something I often do but I bought this damned game full price so I'm going to finish it.

The one thing that bothers me about LoS combat is you can't animation cancel into a block, so you have to be kind of careful with the combo's you want to throw out because you can't interrupt your attack animation. Also enemies aren't always put into a stagger/stun state when you're directly attacking them so they can attack you mid combo and you come back to the same issue, you can't animation cancel so you just eat damage every now and then.
Well, there are a bunch of problems, the fixed camera being IMO the biggest offender. I could do without how the light/dark meters are charged (why two buttons anyway?) but it's not that bad. Thank god LOS2 fixes it and just goes traditional free camera.

Been trying at FTL for the past 4 hours or so. The game is very fun, but I am just terrible at it. Not good for planning in the long term, and specifically I stick at repelling intruders.

Intruder trick if you want it
Move all your crew into the health bay and open up the outer doors to expel oxygen. This will force the attackers into that room, where they will easily be defeated.

Great giveaway duppy!!, too bad i was too late to enter...:(

Oh well.

Tenrius

Intruder trick if you want it
Move all your crew into the health bay and open up the outer doors to expel oxygen. This will force the attackers into that room, where they will easily be defeated.

This tactic may backfire,
if your oxygen module is busted

eek5

Been trying at FTL for the past 4 hours or so. The game is very fun, but I am just terrible at it. Not good for planning in the long term, and specifically I stink at repelling intruders.

You can hit space to pause the game. Really helped me out to make it a bit more turn based.

Levyne

Banned
Thanks for the tips! I've tried the whole
"suffocate them" idea but typically after panicking and losing a system. Maybe I'll try that tip from the get go.

Tizoc

Oh god I've been playing Sonic & All Starts Racing Transformed for several hours now and it's really really really extremely unconceivably more-than-mariokartily good!

When I unlocked Vyse from Skies of Arcadia I swear I shed a couple of tears.

But aside from that, it's incredibly refreshing, after 20 years of stale same-old Mario Kart stuff, with almost always the same everything going on (and maybe this was the reason why I loved Double Dash so much), to race in original and super nostalgic - the other
dark
side of my youth, but a big part of it nonetheless - tracks with zero coherence between them, because fuck it, it's a nonsense feel good crazy party racing, who cares about coherence?

It plays great, single player is pretty hard and it gives all the good ol' vibes of the main themes of the genre (presents, boosts) adding the great concept of transformation - both of the vehicles and of the tracks themselves! - that everytime makes me running like hell because I can't wait to get another flying section.

Also, I can't believe they got away with something like the Football Manager playing character (I mean, how cool can he be!?), but also stuff from less famous Sega titles, like Skies of Arcadia for starters, but Panzer Dragoon and Samba de Amigo were unexpected too!

Glad you're enjoying it copons but what took you so long? I've been pimping this game all year long last year!

Anteater

speaking of sonic, I really like the art direction for all the sonic related games, the clean, colorful environments are great

imagine a new jet set radio with modern graphics

Tizoc

Man, is that Sonic kart game that good? Better than Mario Kart? :eek:
Yes to all of that, EVERY LTTP thread of the game has been positive in 2013.

Come on brah how could you ignore the game just because it's Sonic and a non-Mario kart racer?
You kids need to cut down on that Mario love-rade

dani_dc

AC2 is the opposite, where it starts really strong and becomes mind-numbingly boring and repetitive at the 10 hours mark. Then it becomes a matter of persistence, and the only reason I kept playing is because I decided I'd finish it no matter what.

You also had the bad luck of getting the "full" version with DLC, the game actually introduces 2 full chapters (which you cannot skip) via DLC before the last chapter.

Garcia

Well, I'm still very LTTP (I spent a whole year away from GAF and got back in December) hence why I'm truly impressed by the positive feedback. It sounds really good!

I added it to my wishlist in hopes of future discounts.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Sonic Transformed is one of those games that constantly goes on sale somewhere for $5, so you shouldn't have to wait long.

I'm thinking about giving RE6 a try. I hear they fixed the camera issues and I can be quite affectionate of massively budgeted train wrecks.

It has the best combat in any TPS game ever made, just keep in mind it's very technical and not a gears game. Great, terribly misunderstood game.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Man, is that Sonic kart game that good? Better than Mario Kart? :eek:

Honestly, yeah. The only time I was a huge Sega fan was during the Dreamcast and it does lean pretty heavily on that era so I'm pretty biased in favor of it. But it looks amazing, the music is great, the tracks are fun and the game is really challenging at higher difficulty levels.

Levyne

Banned
FTL: So I made it to the flagship, took it on once, but then it ran away and I was kind of lost about where it was and what I needed to protect and lost :(. I felt like I could easily have taken it in a fight too. Oh well. Fun game to just kill time with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom