• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
*Bonner*

ss_f9923099dce47c97042dcd6d6eed4c3f474ed24e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_0b0f058b49e7fbfb3c7c68be13e89dda7c3612db.1920x1080.jpg

Thank fuck for Steam tagging. It doesn't even show up in New Releases. Its called Infinity Wars.

Just finished the Metal Gear Rising DLC.

That final boss fight in Jetstream Sam (on hard at least) kicked my world in. I died 68 times in that fight.

I really enjoyed the game though. Everyone should play it.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Is GFWL patched out of Dark Souls yet? My Steam virgin copy crashes on start up and I suspect it's a GFWL issue. Is there an ETA for the patch?

Where the fuck did all my game installs go? I logged into Steam and see only 5 installed, apparently on my C drive (it's an SSD).

Why is my F drive library not there anymore?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wouldn't say Sonic is better than Mario, both are on the same level with different flaws (Sonic has floaty physics while Mario has a bit of a boring tracks).

CTR still is king of kart racing.

You need to install the latest GFWL client.

I downloaded that from the microsoft site but don't know what to do next. Do I have to change the games directory to wherever I have the Dark Souls/other GFWL folders?

I wouldn't say Sonic is better than Mario, both are on the same level with different flaws (Sonic has floaty physics while Mario has a bit of a boring tracks).
a
CTR still is king of kart racing.

Nintendo releasing SSB on steam???

I downloaded that from the microsoft site but don't know what to do next. Do I have to change the games directory to wherever I have the Dark Souls/other GFWL folders?

No, just install the latest GFWL client, when you start Dark Souls you'll have to login with your GFWL account or create a new one.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
SEGA made Segagaga though, the greatest crossover of a company's characters. That makes up for any lack of a mascot fighter.
We really could use Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown on Steam though, or just PC in general. They haven't done that since Virtua Fighter 2 I think.

Oh and in case anyone hasn't heard yet and loves a classic game, http://www.gog.com/ is giving away a copy of Dungeon Keeper for three more hours.

No, just install the latest GFWL client, when you start Dark Souls you'll have to login with your GFWL account or create a new one.

when I try to launch the game, nothing happens. I can see the process running in the background in task manager, but I never get prompt to sign into gfwl. Even when I log in myself then try to launch DaS, nothing happens. All I have is a gfwl window that has a page for non-existant downloads and one for assigning which folders marketplace stuff ends up.

I activated DaS on steam a while ago and tried using whatever gfwl version that came with (didn't work), if that changes anything. I'm using the gfwl version from the microsoft site

;_____;

I had problems with GFWL and Dark Souls. I fixed it by deleting all of the GFWL files from my computer and letting Steam redownload them the next time I started the game. I don't know if that would help.

when I try to launch the game, nothing happens. I can see the process running in the background in task manager, but I never get prompt to sign into gfwl. Even when I log in myself then try to launch DaS, nothing happens. All I have is a gfwl window that has a page for non-existant downloads and one for assigning which folders marketplace stuff ends up.

I activated DaS on steam a while ago and tried using whatever gfwl version that came with (didn't work), if that changes anything. I'm using the gfwl version from the microsoft site

;_____;

After installing the GFWL client, try running it from windows and logging in before running Dark Souls.

Firebrand

Man, is that Sonic kart game that good? Better than Mario Kart? :eek:
Yes. Sonic has a better balance between racing and bullshit. Turn off items and it's still a fun racing game.

Only recent Mario Kart I've played though is 7 on the 3DS and it's just terrible. So incredibly dull.

Thorgal

Gaf , my faith is being tested .

I desperately want to play South park :Sot, But if possible i do not want to break my " No more then 20 bucks for a game " rule .

Any options or am i screwed ?

Deques

Gaf , my faith is being tested .

I desperately want to play South park :Sot, But if possible i do not want to break my " No more then 20 bucks for a game " rule .

Any options or am i screwed ?

Traders sell it from 19 to 25 dollars. There is your option

For those people who jumped on the AMD rewards voucher thing... I just noticed Thief keys are available on the redeemed games page.

Hopefully it all works out... You never know.

Deques

For those people who jumped on the AMD rewards voucher thing... I just noticed Thief keys are available on the redeemed games page.

Hopefully it all works out... You never know.

I found the key too in the AMD profile page. It's weird that there were no notice about it at all

Copons

Glad you're enjoying it copons but what took you so long? I've been pimping this game all year long last year!

Sonic Transformed is one of those games that constantly goes on sale somewhere for $5, so you shouldn't have to wait long.

Eh, but I just... you know, coming from a Nintendo-fanboy past, it's hard to accept the fact that there is a kart racing funnier than Mario Kart. :D
And the fact I rarely play multi, and... well, I just didn't think it would be so great, so I waited a lot and eventually I bought it in the Sonic Hits pack during Holiday Sale, and here I am, enjoying it all!

*Bonner*

Thank fuck for Steam tagging. It doesn't even show up in New Releases. Its called Infinity Wars.
I've noticed this happening with a few games of late. Infinity Wars as you mentioned, Dead State and Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar too. I don't really understand why they're not appearing under New Releases and I'm sure it's hurting them. Had I not looked through the Coming Soon tab before they released, I wouldn't have known they were now available.
Is an incredible action game and the best TPS on steam by far?
I've got to agree. I didn't have much interest in the game until it went on sale for $10 on Xbox. I decided it was worth a shot, despite the direction they were going with the series. As an action game, it's pretty amazing. I can't fault the combat -- it's super satisfying, plus the controls are very responsive. My only quibbles with the game are the quick time events (they suck) and the confusing story order. Unless you Google or look in the OT, you'll probably just play through each characters story at a time, but it makes a whole lot more sense played in the correct order. Otherwise, you're jumping back and forth and all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom