• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

I've noticed this happening with a few games of late. Infinity Wars as you mentioned, Dead State and Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar too. I don't really understand why they're not appearing under New Releases and I'm sure it's hurting them. Had I not looked through the Coming Soon tab before they released, I wouldn't have known they were now available.

They live in the Early Access section now, which is just another page for me to click on :(

They aren't pimping Early Access games on the front page anymore as many people are far too stupid to realize that Early Access is not bug free funtimes.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've noticed this happening with a few games of late. Infinity Wars as you mentioned, Dead State and Hegemony Rome: Rise of Caesar too. I don't really understand why they're not appearing under New Releases and I'm sure it's hurting them. Had I not looked through the Coming Soon tab before they released, I wouldn't have known they were now available.

Early Access titles were removed from the New Releases tab a few months ago, presumably in an attempt to curb consumer confusion regarding their state. Valve should add an option to show them, though, as with DLC releases.

So Steam appears to be down, however just 10 minutes ago I was halfway through a transaction. Steam said the transaction couldn't be processed because my card was declined, however my online bank account says the transaction went through. Has anyone had this happen before?

JaseC

So Steam appears to be down, however just 10 minutes ago I was halfway through a transaction. Steam said the transaction couldn't be processed because my card was declined, however my online bank account says the transaction went through. Has anyone had this happen before?

I tried to add $12 to my Wallet a few days ago and the transaction didn't go through at Valve's end despite my card being charged. If the charge isn't reversed by Wednesday I'll have to submit a support ticket.

Robot Pants

Just finished a game of CS:GO and my rank and everything else disappeared. So yea definitely down. Weird. At least it didn't cut my game short. That would have sucked.

They live in the Early Access section now, which is just another page for me to click on :(

They aren't pimping Early Access games on the front page anymore as many people are far too stupid to realize that Early Access is not bug free funtimes.
Early Access titles no longer appear in the New Releases section. Valve should add an option to show them, though, as with DLC releases.
Thanks. I guess Valve had to react to all of the complaining about the Early Access games, though, I imagine a lot of people won't realise they're available with how it's currently being handled. I generally only click through the four tabs (New Releases/Top Sellers/Coming Soon/Specials), that's about the extent of my store browsing. I'd say another checkmark -- as you suggested -- is the way to go.

I tried to add $12 to my Wallet a few days ago and the transaction didn't go through at Valve's end despite my card being charged. If the charge isn't reversed by Wednesday I'll have to submit a support ticket.

ugh. Well hopefully they're not too much of a pain to deal with. thansk

koma

With Paranautical Activity and Tower of Guns finally on Steam, i'm ready to fall into the Roguelike FPS madness fun for many, many months :D

Jawmuncher

Quick Question

You can throw you SteamApps Common Folder (Where are the games are located) wherever you want right? You just need to set the settings to read where the file currently is located correct? I ask because I want to move a lot of my games that are on my HDD to my External HDD to save space.

JaseC

Quick Question

You can throw you SteamApps Common Folder (Where are the games are located) wherever you want right? You just need to set the settings to read where the file currently is located correct? I ask because I want to move a lot of my games that are on my HDD to my External HDD to save space.

You can't change the location of Steam's default library folder, though you can get around this by using symbolic links. Steam Mover/SteamTool are handy if you just want to move individual games, but if you instead want to move your primary steamapps folder to your external and set up a secondary one on your HDD, then use Link Shell Extension:

- Move (cut/paste) your steamapps folder to the external
- Right-click it and select "Pick link source"
- Navigate to the root of your Steam folder, right-click somewhere, hover over "Drop link as..." and select "Symbolic link"

As far as Steam will be concerned, nothing will have changed, but by default your games will install to the external.

mrgone

Well, Square-Enix has the most infuriating account system I've encountered in a while. I need to change my email address on file there due to an ISP change coming up - I can edit everything else except for that through their main North American page. When I try to get support I'm forced to login through their newer account system, but I can't login because the new system doesn't recognize my old account and as such I can't get support. So I'm fucked because I'm fucked because I'm fucked etc.

I can't remember - have they been using the S-E accounts as a part any of their games outside of their MMOs? The only thing I seem to have in that account right now is an old free copy of Hitman Sniper Challenge (and the account name that I kind of like, but that seems to have been snatched up by someone else in the new system anyways). I just don't want to lose access to anything in my Steam account as a result of this bullshit, or give anyone who gets my old email address access to any of my stuff.

JaseC

I can't remember - have they been using the S-E accounts as a part any of their games outside of their MMOs? The only thing I seem to have in that account right now is an old free copy of Hitman Sniper Challenge (and the account name that I kind of like, but that seems to have been snatched up by someone else in the new system anyways). I just don't want to lose access to anything in my Steam account as a result of this bullshit, or give anyone who gets my old email address access to any of my stuff.

Just the Final Fantasy VII and VIII re-releases, as far as I'm aware.

mrgone

Just the Final Fantasy VII and VIII re-releases, as far as I'm aware.

Oh, right! That whole DRM thing - I've got FF7 in my Steam account, but I havn't installed it yet so nothing's potentially linked there. I've only installed a couple of others and that was before I'd created the account, so I should be good to just ditch it and set up a new one for the other stuff. Thanks JaseC :) Load off my mind.

jonno394

The weekend trial of Witcher 2 sold me on the game. DIdn't like the combat in the first, but bought this after the tutorial. Just played through the whole of the prologue, epic stuff!

Jawmuncher

You can't change the location of Steam's default library folder, though you can get around this by using symbolic links. Steam Mover/SteamTool are handy if you just want to move individual games, but if you instead want to move your primary steamapps folder to your external and set up a secondary one on your HDD, then use Link Shell Extension:

- Navigate to the root of your Steam folder, right-click somewhere, hover over "Drop link as..." and select "Symbolic link"

As far as Steam will be concerned, nothing will have changed, but by default your games will install to the external.

Ahhh ok thanks!

Bluth54

The weekend trial of Witcher 2 sold me on the game. DIdn't like the combat in the first, but bought this after the tutorial. Just played through the whole of the prologue, epic stuff!

I should give the Witcher 2 a shot, I also didn't like the combat in the first game and gave up after a couple of hours.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Maybe my amazing gif will make it in next week:

This fucking game.

Did you at least try Mercenaries and Onslaught? Those are the only two modes that save that piece of shit from being total trash.

didamangi

Yeah, IMO this is better than creating steam library folder that can go missing all of a sudden in my experience.

I install steam on my ssd for faster loading, move the steamapps folder and depotcache folder (this is where the preload games go) to my hdd and use symbolic links. The userdata folder is another one you can move and link if you really need the space on your ssd.

If I ever want to move a game to my ssd for it's benefits I just move that game folder from hdd to ssd, and create the symbolic link again.
linkception

Copons

Entertainment wise.
The Fast and the Furious Series has the worst naming scheme ever.
I still don't know it.

Ahahah I went to check because I just recalled the first two, and it's brilliant!!

Especially the fourth one, "Fast & Furious", opposed to the first "The Fast and the Furious", which in Italy was renamed simply "Fast and Furious", so the fourth is roughly called "Fast & Furious - Just Original Parts". :D

Jawmuncher

So I figured out why Sequence won't work on my Laptop...>Apparently any XNA game won't work. Can't run They Bleed Pixels or Dust either. Can't think of anything to do that could fix that.

Saty

I'm planning to tag SP FPS games on steam according to if they no weapon limit or 2-weapon limit or x-weapon limit. Tagged HL and COD series but i need help for all the rest. This info can't be easily found on Google. If people here could organize a list of such games they know for a fact and send me a PM, that would be great.

Anteater

ZRtY2WS.jpg
nod43pi7.gif

I had Demigod on my account for ages, Installed too and now I finally got to try it and I didn't know it was a MOBA. Goddamnit. I'm so stupid.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity is their any way to add custom amounts to your wallet on Steam or are you stuck with selecting from what they let you choose from ?

Thorgal

Out of curiosity is their any way to add custom amounts to your wallet on Steam or are you stuck with selecting from what they let you choose from ?

I don't think you can choose a custom amount to add to your wallet .

I also do not see a reason why they should to be honest .

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Enhanced Steam has the option, not that I've tried it.

Ah ok thanks, I have Enhanced Steam installed but don't see a way to do it.

I don't think you can choose a custom amount to add to your wallet .

I also do not see a reason why they should to be honest .

More options are always good to have, especially if say you only have a certain amount you can add or whatever :)

Tizoc

Anyone have any mods or fan patches to recommend for Bulletstorm? One thing I'd like to know is if there's a mod that makes the zoom-in aiming become possible by just pressing the Right Mouse Button instead of just holding it.

Thorgal

Ah ok thanks, I have Enhanced Steam installed but don't see a way to do it.

More options are always good to have, especially if say you only have a certain amount you can add or whatever :)

More options are always better of course but i do not see the worth in it .
If somebody wants to buy something for 7 bucks just add 10 to your wallet .

Unless your the kind of person that OCD's when, after spending he has 25 cents left in his wallet that he cannot spend on anything i do not see the necessity for it .

More options are always better of course but i do not see the worth in it .
If somebody wants to buy something for 7 bucks just add 10 to your wallet .

Unless your the kind of person that OCD's when, after spending he has 25 cents left in his wallet that he cannot spend on anything i do not see the necessity for it .

Say you've got 7 bucks and only 7 bucks to spend on a game why would you want to spend 10 to get the game and leave 3 sitting there when it could be your lunch/coffee/bus fee etc.

However I thought you could add custom amounts just can't remember where.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Say you've got 7 bucks and only 7 bucks to spend on a game why would you want to spend 10 to get the game and leave 3 sitting there when it could be your lunch/coffee/bus fee etc.

However I thought you could add custom amounts just can't remember where.

Because you will eventually use that 3$? If you only have 7$ why not just buy the game direct instead of adding to your wallet and then purchasing it?

So I figured out why Sequence won't work on my Laptop...>Apparently any XNA game won't work. Can't run They Bleed Pixels or Dust either. Can't think of anything to do that could fix that.

I think that Dust is not using XNA anymore. It should use Monogame now (or maybe just the Linux version does).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom