• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
From the hour of Batman: Arkham Origins that I've played, I can say that I'm enjoying it much more than Arkham City (the beginning of the game puts you right into the game, which is sweet). It's worth the price that Amazon currently has it for right now

I really love CS:GO but goddamn some of the people are just plain horrible.

*loses one first round, doesn't get any kills*
"OMG THIS FUCKING NOOB TEAM PLEASE KICK ME OR I GO AFK"
times every other round

Reminds me of L4D2 but with the difference that CS:GO is usually playable even with the 10 year old kicks throwing ragequits -> 4vs5.

Cheddahz

Banned

times every other round

Reminds me of L4D2 but with the difference that CS:GO is usually playable even with the 10 year old kicks throwing ragequits -> 4vs5.

One of the main reasons why I finally was able to quit playing the game

didamangi

I understand what they're going for but:
81eUYBKKFTL._SL1500_.jpg

Come on.....

Sober

I have a question guys, maybe someone can answer this...

Looks like SEGA is hosting a community event at www.makewarnotlove.com between Rome II and COH 2. The winning game gets some free DLC next week

I own Rome II but I've played COH 2 only through the free weekend but still have it installed on my PC as I plan to get it soon. If COH2 gets the free DLC will I be able to install it or do I have to own the game?
You have to own the game; you can have the game installed but they'll remove the subscription until you buy it after the weekend.

Haha, pretty much. :p I actually jumped back into Skyrim a few days ago, after a ~two-year absence, but I feel compelled to finish my playthrough of Torchlight 2 before continuing with it further since I named my in-game dog after my own*, who had to be put down yesterday. I'll get back to AssCreed LibHD at some point, though.

* Well, he was my brother's, but I'd been looking after him for around 16 months.
Sorry to hear that, but hopefully you can look back on his life and be able to say that you let him have a pretty good one. My cats are getting up there in age, I'm gonna hate seeing them go.

times every other round

Outside of TF2, multiplayer Valve games seem to attract that kind of behaviour. Well, games with matchmaking in general and tied with stats/rank.

Obviously you're better off finding a group of pals to play with, but going in solo can be the dumps -- but you can still meet some amazing people to play with that way. Such is the nature of it.

Cheddahz

Banned
What's wrong, you let that get to you? Just ignore it.
That wasn't the main problem (though it was quite annoying). My friends were also starting to take the game too seriously and I would always end up getting bitched out by them for making a little mistake (and these are friends that I've known since middle school). I play games to enjoy them, not to take them seriously. I was also spending too much time playing CS:GO and I wasn't really enjoying it anymore
By 'the game', I take it you mean online multiplayer games.
Basically, though I have been playing the beta for Titanfall and I've been enjoying it quite a bit

is Grid 2 any good? I'm a bit burned about it not having in car perspective, which is a must for me with racing games.

I'm not sure too sure about 2, but I bought Grid 1 during the last Christmas sale. It does have driver camera perspective and it's pretty fun. I'm only a couple of races in but it's a solid racer. There is a demo for grid 2 by the way. I tried it and it feels the same.

Slyjss

It's been a long time since I last posted due to exams/assignments/stuff where I mostly played Vita (where I'm rebuying half my Steam account), but I think I can turn back to keep with the pace of this thread. Possibly not. In the meantime I have played a couple of games on PC:

- Deadly Premonition: I'm still early in the game
when Becky dies
, and I still don't know what to think of the game. The gameplay is not my cup of tea, but everything else is mind-bending. The conversations on the car, the way it tries to become the unofficial game of Twin Peaks, the general insanity of everyone in the town... I'll keep playing it for sure, even if the gun parts are not the best I have tried.

- The Banner Saga: I finished this one, and it's surely the best strategic game I've played in a while. The system was simple, but with enough complexity to make every single battle fun and rewarding. Visuals and music are amazing, too. I just hope they don't take too much time to release the other two parts. If you play it until the end you'll understand why.

- The Wolf Among Us Chapter 2: Telltale managed to keep the story so intense that after 4 months of wait for an hour and a bit of game, I'm not even mad at them. I just hope they have more gameplay fragments like the investigation in Toad's house in the first episode in the future.

Also, games:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

And Yet It Moves -- MB-F392DCC387DD3B90 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 1 entrants total.
Civilization V -- MB-C2F3A1A3D654C4D1 - Taken by Tesseract. 4 entrants total.

t1392578545z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry to hear that, but hopefully you can look back on his life and be able to say that you let him have a pretty good one. My cats are getting up there in age, I'm gonna hate seeing them go.

Cheers. Yeah, I'd definitely say he had a good life. When he was younger I'd often walk him past the primary school at around lunch time and the kids would run up to the fence to see the "snow dog". He loved the attention, haha.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I'm not sure too sure about 2, but I bought Grid 1 during the last Christmas sale. It does have driver camera perspective and it's pretty fun. I'm only a couple of races in but it's a solid racer. There is a demo for grid 2 by the way. I tried it and it feels the same.

I think he is talking about cockpit view, which Grid 2 lacks iirc.

I am tempted to buy it but the huge numbers of DLC make me pretty skeptical about the base game's amount of content...

Tellaerin

Haha, pretty much. :p I actually jumped back into Skyrim a few days ago, after a ~two-year absence, but I feel compelled to finish my playthrough of Torchlight 2 before continuing with it further since I named my in-game dog after my own*, who had to be put down yesterday. I'll get back to AssCreed LibHD at some point, though.

* Well, he was my brother's, but I'd been looking after him for around 16 months.

I'm sorry, man. : ( Losing a pet isn't easy, I know.

I see you changed your Saoirse again. What is this madness?! (I say this because I really liked that last one. I suppose I should take your endless avatar rotation as a meditation on the impermanence of things or something.)

So we all visit each other's Virtual arcade when it fully comes out? This is so ripe for trolling.

For the real arcade experience, you should be able to toggle on a mode that randomly makes some of your games unselectable (complete with "Out of Order" signs taped to the monitors) and simulates some buttons sticking or not responding when you try to play others. >.>

Seriously, though, that looks pretty damn cool. I'm tempted to install it and play around with it some.

Milamber

Just got South Park from StrongHammer22 for 22 bucks!! Can't wait.

Anyone know the PC Reqs for the game?

Pulling it out of my ass but I'm pretty sure a 5 year old PC could run it.

For the real arcade experience, you should be able to toggle on a mode that randomly makes some of your games unselectable (complete with "Out of Order" signs taped to the monitors) and simulates some buttons sticking or not responding when you try to play others. >.>

Seriously, though, that looks pretty damn cool. I'm tempted to install it and play around with it some.

It downloaded Source to run it so its pretty open. Very Garry's Mod-like.

Garcia

I'm really enjoying CIV 5. Having to actually take care of each of your units and heal / upgrade them accordingly is very entertaining during the exploration parts. The HEX grid allows you to expand your borders in a much more interesting way.

I've been playing my first game (Indonesia, Prince difficulty) for an hour and I have reloaded at least 3 times due to constant barbarian invasions. It's teaching me how to properly manage my military units and I find the balance between fights and city micro-managing very refreshing.

The advisors are helpful even if they can be quite obtrusive for a newcomer.

So far so good!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is one ugly headband.

Incidentally, the internet tells me that I'm in the minority when it comes to liking the outfit. I usually couldn't care less about fashion, but when photos from the Grand Budapest Hotel premiere began popping up I was most entranced.

I'm sorry, man. : ( Losing a pet isn't easy, I know.

Thanks.

I see you changed your Saoirse again. What is this madness?! (I say this because I really liked that last one. I suppose I should take your endless avatar rotation as a meditation on the impermanence of things or something.)

Haha, well, during quieter periods I tend to reuse previous avatars, so it'll return at some point in the future.

Tellaerin said:

I wonder if you can use the same game more than once. I want to make an arcade where every setup is Ashes Cricket 2013. :p

JustinBB7

My waifu screenshot room is quite messy. Oh gods, the artifacts. Clunky is an understatement. I need to have super hi-res images only to get any uniformity in this mess.

My waifu rooms are doing pretty good, even gifs work!

It didn't import my steam games, have to have your profile public for that I read. Will mess around with it more another time. I unlocked the second apartment, so much space. It's superfun but might be better off to wait for the final version.

Milamber

My waifu rooms are doing pretty good, even gifs work!

It didn't import my steam games, have to have your profile public for that I read. Will mess around with it more another time. I unlocked the second apartment, so much space. It's superfun but might be better off to wait for the final version.

How you went through that without a BSOD is a mystery to me.

JustinBB7

How you went through that without a BSOD is a mystery to me.

I had no errors at all, ran pretty smooth, even with all the weird things it does like opening sites/tv shows/youtube/movies/selecting what game you are trying to do.

Though maybe I got lucky, if I hate anything it's BSOD's, had years of nightmares from it until my new pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom