• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's Anarchy Arcade?

Anarchy Arcade is Steam's answer to Second Life

I am still wondering when Second Life is coming to Steam. The developers confirmed it a few months ago but it still has not showed up.

Edit: Nevermind. AA looks pretty cool. Too bad it's a 4th quarter release.

Milamber

I had no errors at all, ran pretty smooth, even with all the weird things it does like opening sites/tv shows/youtube/movies/selecting what game you are trying to do.

Though maybe I got lucky, if I hate anything it's BSOD's, had years of nightmares from it until my new pc.
Oh joy, 3rd BSOD!!!

Do me a favor, on the main menu, click options and click 'get rewards'. Tell me what happens.

JustinBB7

What's Anarchy Arcade?

I am still wondering when Second Life is coming to Steam. The developers confirmed it a few months ago but it still has not showed up.

Edit: Nevermind. AA looks pretty cool. Too bad it's a 4th quarter release.

You can download a prototype for free on the website, it works with steam.

Oh joy, 3rd BSOD!!!

Do me a favor, on the main menu, click options and click 'get rewards'. Tell me what happens.

I got tons of rewards, and checked it out in main menu as well, no BSOD there either.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-D968764964F162EE - Taken by VikasNarula. 2 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter -- MB-44832BB556EAC805 - Taken by Garcia. 1 entrants total.
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-E7E42FBCE1075598 - Taken by Rand6. 3 entrants total.

t1392582598z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What's the easiest way for me to see a full list of every piece of DLC I own (Enhanced Steam or regular)?

Logging into SteamDB will highlight apps you own, but this excludes DLC items, so I'd say only Steam Support can provide you with an exhaustive list. You could search the store for everything and limit the results to DLC, but obviously this misses DLC that is not/no longer available on the store, plus some of the items wouldn't be highlighted as owned even though they are tied to your account.

is Grid 2 any good? I'm a bit burned about it not having in car perspective, which is a must for me with racing games.

Personally, I preferred GRID 1 because I thought it had the right balance between arcade and sim. Something about 2 feels slightly off but it's still fairly fun.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
What's the easiest way for me to see a full list of every piece of DLC I own (Enhanced Steam or regular)?
If you have enough patience, you can check the DLC tab for every game in your library, from the Steam client. It'll take some time, and some games have weird entries there that don't exist on the store, but that's the best thing I can think of.

better wait for GOG. noDRM > DRM.

PS:Steam is also running in background (Go green save memory)
Strange, I thought Desura didn't have DMR in their games. Isn't that the case?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well here's Pathologic Desura key ...couldn't bother with modbot, sorry

Thanks, it's the only thing I really wanted from that bundle.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess I already had it from Indie Royale. Thanks anyway!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just sent the latest Firefox build of Enhanced Steam to Mozilla for review.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

You can install it manually from this page, or you can wait for their review process to complete. Hopefully it won't take too long, though sometimes it can take a couple of weeks.

Changes are now listed in the version notes on that page. As always, let me know if you run into any problems using it.

JaseC

yeah you are right it doesn't require client keep open like steam, but i guess updates are done by client only. not sure though

There are DRM-free games on Steam, it's just not something that's actively advertised. Even Steamworks games aren't required to be tethered to the client.

Have they updated/removed GFWL from BlazBlue? I don't remember the Steam Cloud logo being there.

The version of the game up on Steam is GFWL-free but only because it's the WinStore build. The game does have a beta branch, though, so Steamworks may be forthcoming.

r3n4ud

I just sent the latest Firefox build of Enhanced Steam to Mozilla for review.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/enhanced-steam/versions/

You can install it manually from this page, or you can wait for their review process to complete. Hopefully it won't take too long, though sometimes it can take a couple of weeks.

Changes are now listed in the version notes on that page. As always, let me know if you run into any problems using it.
A big thanks from us Firefox peasants.

GuardsmanGreg

Neo Member
A Couple Extras from my bundle for you folks.

ModBot IS LOVE said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GuardsmanGreg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Civilization III -- MB-F21F361D91326D34 - Taken by nightstorm. 2 entrants total.
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition -- MB-8A17AAB8E4297434 - Taken by r3n4ud. 1 entrants total.

t1392585521z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Are they ever gonna fix the duplicate Steam entries for Civ IV? It's really annoying and makes my grid view ugly

JaseC

Are they ever gonna fix the duplicate Steam entries for Civ IV? It's really annoying and makes my grid view ugly

I don't understand why that hasn't happened already. The problem is that the client doesn't filter out apps based on the oslist values (Windows, Mac and/or Linux); this would be incredibly easy to implement.

Thanks for the giveaway, I've wanted Civ3 for nostalgic reasons but didn't think the bundle was worth it since I have the other ones. Good luck to everyone.

Kuroyume

Banned
Anyone know how Indie Gala's happy hour works? If I buy a bundle for myself do I get a free bundle or is it if I buy 2 bundles during happy hour I get a free bundle? Also, if the price going to drop on the Interstellar bundle before it ends or should I just get it now?

Thanks

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hey guys, you can buy the bundle for 0.01 cent. Just type that into it. It'll work.

You can't use Google Wallet, but you can pay through paypal.

There are DRM-free games on Steam, it's just not something that's actively advertised. Even Steamworks games aren't required to be tethered to the client.

The version of the game up on Steam is GFWL-free but only because it's the WinStore build. The game does have a beta branch, though, so Steamworks may be forthcoming.

How come someone said it had gfwl when it released?

zkylon

zkylewd
I wonder if I'll be able to get titanfall for less than 60 bucks

like you win ea, you've convinced me I need it

edit: it's $48 on nuuvem. that still makes it $65 because of argie-tax. seriously salsa lemme move in with you

I stumbled upon a Mutant Mudds SweetFX file that added CRT lines and now I'm a believer.

Can someone repost that site that has the DB of SweetFX files and settings for games?

JakeD

That was me and I later said that the ShowCDKeyOnLaunch flag threw me off (there's no need for it in cases where there's no third-party account system).

I was surprised to see telegltich have one, I later found out it was only for customer support reasons. Not sure how common that is though.

JaseC

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm playing it right now.

Seems to be an alien-themed sidescroller tower defense similar to Swords & Soldiers.
That's nice, I liked that one on WiiWare. I should play the PC version someday.

Wait, is this a good clone of Swords & Soldiers? That's an important question I believe :p

Garcia

Man, fuck the romans, LOL. They just declared war on me right after they asked me to have an open borders agreement. I trusted them more than the germans since their spies told me Germany was plotting against me and look who was the traitor all along.

I asked Germany to declare war on Rome in exchange of a couple of 30 day luxuries and they agreed without hesitation. We're now having a full out continental war and will likely get England involved. I just reached the early 19th century and thank goodness for the big treasury I had built up until now; I was able to spawn several emergency melee units before my cities got pillaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom