• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Ikaruga will be launching February 18 for $10.

Gabe-Newell-peers-seductively-over-his-fan-of-money-610x240.jpg

Day 1 !!

Sajjaja

Yes, Origin's "download" speed is not actually measured, but calculated. It says it's a 13 gig install, but it downloads a 4 gig file. So when it downloads 2 gigs, it downloaded 50%, but it reports to you as downloaded 50% of 13 gigs. So your speed is "crazy" fast.

It unpacked (at least the audio did) after I hit install tho. Also, I don't think I've ever downloaded 2GB in a couple of minutes. Not even 1GB.

Oh man.

Ikaruga and Strider launching next week.

Then Resident Evil 4 Ultimate Edition the week after.

And South Park Stick of Truth week after next.

#hypeisreal
04d3c0cbf31f62385111dac82b76c77716b02fe2.png

Anteater

Oh man.

Ikaruga and Strider launching next week.

Then Resident Evil 4 Ultimate Edition the week after.

And South Park Stick of Truth week after next.

#hypeisreal
https://i.canvasugc.com/ugc/processed/04d3c0cbf31f62385111dac82b76c77716b02fe2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Most interested in playing South Park out of all of those, crazy month though

Milamber

I had a dream, after talking to my friends about the possibility last night, where Capcom announces all past and future titles are to be made available on PC but only through their new digital distribution service called Capital Command (I think) and all Steam versions are immediately pulled. I was kinda happy.

gabbo

I had a dream, after talking to my friends about the possibility last night, where Capcom announces all past and future titles are to be made available on PC but only through their new digital distribution service called Capital Command (I think) and all Steam versions are immediately pulled. I was kinda happy.

Would they at least replace GFWL from their older games?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Ikaruga and Strider when I am in the middle of Bravely Default. I fear i may put that game down and never pick it back up.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought interstellar marines was a MP joint, where do land sharks come in?

The_Monk

Morning fellow GAFfers, hope you are all fine. Just had my morning coffee and I had to wish you all a good Monday!

On a side note, is there any currently bundles with copies of Tropico 4 by any chance? I just found out that I think that game have one old dictator from my country, I was surprised by this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC is AUSTRALIAN.

I told you that in confidence!

You woke up early. nice avatar!

Cheers! Yours caught my eye yesterday, actually. ;)

Morning fellow GAFfers, hope you are all fine. Just had my morning coffee and I had to wish you all a good Monday!

On a side note, is there any currently bundles with copies of Tropico 4 by any chance? I just found out that I think that game have one old dictator from my country, I was surprised by this.

The CE is 75% off ($9.99) over at Get Games.

Tizoc

Guten Morgen!
Today's my last work day for my shift, body's cold, had a cuppa but I'm still feelin' down.
Mad hype for Ikaruga and Strider though.

10ish days til Thief gets released, will dedicate my game time to it.
As an added bonus starting to lessen my LoL play time so I'll focus on my Steam gaming for today >=3

Levyne

Banned
Ended up putting 3 hours into starbound today. After initially just planning to boot it up for a short time. Mostly just shot the breeze with someone and exploring the gaf server planet, but man, I could see myself dumping a lot of time into this.

Just bought Witcher 1 enhanced edition and Witcher 2 enhanced edition for 2 and 3 dollars each! I had the regular versions from GOG from long ago but it was too good a deal to pass. Must get ready for the third!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope Dark Souls 2 works with the Dualshock 4, unlike DS1. I can't get this thing to work, while it works great for every other game.

AxeMan

Hi Steam Gaf.

Can anyone let me know if Rome II is worth it at 50% off (currently $39.97 space bucks)?

I know it had issues at launch and it was roundly criticised but did the issues get sorted and is it playable now?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So I think I'm over the fact that New Tomb Raider is probably not an actual Tomb Raider game.

How is it as an actual game, though?

I'm kinda tempted with that Amazon sale.

Backlogger

And Deus Ex:HR is infuriating. I'm the least sneaky person on the planet in that game.

I thought the same thing, but forced myself to stick to the game and was glad I did. As you start unlocking more skills and learning the game play in general sneaking actually becomes much more fun, but that very first level sneaking really sucks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I think I'm over the fact that New Tomb Raider is probably not an actual Tomb Raider game.

It's a serviceable TPS. The Uncharted comparisons are fairly accurate.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hi Steam Gaf.

Can anyone let me know if Rome II is worth it at 50% off (currently $39.97 space bucks)?

I know it had issues at launch and it was roundly criticised but did the issues get sorted and is it playable now?

Yes, they fixed the majority of the launch issues and the game's pretty solid now. However, it's still inferior to Shogun 2 as it removed or dumbed down a lot of features of the older TW games. If you go for it I'd suggest you to also buy the Caesar in Gaul DLC since it's a tighter experience that re-introduces a lot of things that fans have been asking for like seasons and greater focus on characters

A fun enough and easy romp. The uncharted comparisons are apt, except that it doesn't really have that same fun sort of story to drive you through the later parts.

You will at least get a good half a dozen hours out of it before the fun fades, so it is a decent pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom