• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been going through the Sonic Racing Transformed World Tour mode and loving it for the most part, but man fuck these pursuit events. I'd say 60% of my missiles are blowing up because they collide with some invisible part of the track, and it only gets worse on the last stage of the race when I have to shoot 4 or more missiles before one will actually hit the purple barriers instead of exploding right in front of them.

Who thought of this, anyway? Just let me kart race normally in peace. ;~; Curse my impulse to get all the stars so I can 100% this mode. . .

Nabs

We need more Falcom. I want them to make a ton of cash on Steam so they can dedicate more resources to PC development.

Now I'm interested.

Gamestop has FF8 for 6$

Good deal!

I'd say you should ditch DS4Tool and try Scarlet.Crush DS3 SCP Server. It's much more reliable than DS4 Tool and the only feature it's currently missing that I used from DS4 tool was some of the tweak for the DS4 lightbar. I was getting a ton of dropped input with DS4 Tool too, like it would just stop registering the controller and then would pick up again when it felt like it.

Update: worked fine for me, in terms of controller usage.
GFWL, on the other hand, is a ridiculous dumpster fire that FROM/NAMCO needs to patch out of this game as I can't even get GFWL to let my profile sign in.

Is it good though? The only thing I've really gathered from internet noise was that the game sucked, mediocre to even Grasshopper fans.

How is this any different than normal? ;)

Just picked up Starbound but it doesn't seem to be grasping me like Tarraria did. I'll give it a couple more hours hopefully it will sick me in. Plus... I know it's not done yet.

The thing to remember is your starting planet is just that.... your starting planet. There is a huge universe out there to explore, with insane planet variety, towns, temples, full-blown dungeons, NPCs, etc

Tizoc

Killer is Dead's combat system is really quite simple and basic, which personally I like.
If you've had trouble with MGR's combat system, then KiD's will be a freakin' cake walk IMO.

Eff it, postin' dem wicked Killer is Dead tracks:
Lotus Power:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkVZUurZTD8

Chapter/stage select
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmVX1QvWsC8

Fast and Loose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6WRld4WsN4

Ensemble Fighter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RdsRNMgOJM

Fire and Wind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jivjBBw-3_I&list=PLVxlwX2yfkrJB-AKEtuEhtHTuiIFmYAkm

Piano School
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVg-QTd3TYA

FINAL BOSS BATTLE THEME (SERIOUSLY THIS MAJOR SPOILERS MAN, THE TRACK IS SO EPIC IT RIVALS MGR'S!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap1ea8bvMgw

You know my nitpick with Tomb Raider 2013?

You see all those skull everywhere and tons of "fresh" bodies on every locale. Also you get to kill like 500 men.

The total population of that damn island would be well into the tens of thousands of people. yet you see like 3 women on all the game (and none of those are natives).

Where are all those people coming from?, how can you sustain population if you get people recently killed everywhere?

FloatOn

You see all those skull everywhere and tons of "fresh" bodies on every locale. Also you get to kill like 500 men.

The total population of that damn island would be well into the tens of thousands of people. yet you see like 3 women on all the game (and none of those are natives).

Where are all those people coming from?, how can you sustain population if you get people recently killed everywhere?

this actually made me laugh out loud. bravo.

Interfectum

haha... this reminds me of what my wife asked while playing Dead Space: Why do the babies drop money?

Tenrius

So, anyone else having trouble with Family Sharing downloads? It works all right for me, but apparently some people are having issues (Wario64 specifically, he mentioned that on twitter, and some others).

Nabs

So, anyone else having trouble with Family Sharing downloads? It works all right for me, but apparently some people are having issues (Wario64 specifically, he mentioned that on twitter, and some others).

I haven't had any issues, but a friend of mine wasn't able to download a game update the other day. It must have been a recent beta update or something.

I hope they fix it soon. The next few weeks are crazy.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Yeah Castle Crashers is refusing to start downloading for me off my friends list. Already downloaded games boot fine thank goodness.

Tizoc

Gettin' rid of some codes I got from bundles over the past 2 years, it is possible that the codes may have already been used so apologies in advance. Just quote this post to see the code for the game you want:

Eleusis Steam Code
Taken!

Eleusis Desura Code

Karateka

Paranautical Activity Steam code

Paranautical Activity Desura code
Taken

Primordia (99% chance it's already been used)

Guncraft Steam code
Taken!

Guncraft Desura code (let me know if you've taken this as there's another Desura code associated with it)

Fairy Bloom Freesia Steam code
Taken

Fairy Bloom Freesia Desura code
Taken

ArjanN

I've been going through the Sonic Racing Transformed World Tour mode and loving it for the most part, but man fuck these pursuit events. I'd say 60% of my missiles are blowing up because they collide with some invisible part of the track, and it only gets worse on the last stage of the race when I have to shoot 4 or more missiles before one will actually hit the purple barriers instead of exploding right in front of them.

Who thought of this, anyway? Just let me kart race normally in peace. ;~; Curse my impulse to get all the stars so I can 100% this mode. . .

You mean the events where you chase the tank? Those are the easiest event in the game. You can just go a snail's pace, and avoid everything easily, while picking up ammo. Then unload everything at once once you've got a clear shot.

The magical storms keep bringing people to the island.

A SUDA51 finally makes its way onto Steam. I... I am not worthy.

h7E9EA19D

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so do the Green Man discount codes not work for preorders? Trying to get my Strider on.

Nabs

so do the Green Man discount codes not work for preorders? Trying to get my Strider on.

I'm not telling you to give Gamefly any of your information, but I'm letting you know that they do sell Strider and you might be able to use FEB20OFF on it. I don't know for sure.

Speaking of Tomb Raider nitpicks, I was amused how the journals you find mostly had no context for being in the world. Near the start of the game I'm traveling alongside Whitman, we come by a spot that we need to work together to get through, and off to the side I happen to find a journal detailing the divorce he had. What? Did he just put it there when I wasn't looking? Aside from just kind of being nonsensical in that regard, they don't even have anything interesting to say most of the time.

Harmonix and Hidden Path just announced a new (F2P) Arena FPS game with a musical twist. It's coming to Steam and they are accepting Alpha signups:

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/#chroma

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QZhsTRk-ic
It just had to bust into dubstep.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hidden Path really came through on CS:GO after the rough start. I'll definitely check this out. Even if it has a straight-faced version of the Dubstep Gun.

Uhh I'm pretty sure Valve took over once it released and is the reason why it is as good as it is today. The DOTA2 framework clearly wasn't quite ready to be grafted into CS when Hidden Path started work on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom