• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Benedict

SOme Ninjas took Fairy Bloom Freesias and the Guncraft Desura code it seems...
zWVbK.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Not sure if it still works, but you can try the Yogscast one for 25% off:
YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR

When I looked around it said it expired Friday though.

It does not work.

However, I looked around and apparently you can't add vouchers unless you put a space after the code, so that fixed it.

Jawmuncher

Hmm since Steam has lately been adding features that should have been there from the get go. I really hope they can implement something soon that lets you play a game even if it needs a update. I have quite a few on my list that I can't play because the updates are so huge it'll take forever for me to download them over here. I'd be fine if I could just hop on offline mode and play them but that doesn't work. Since as soon as steam detects that it needs an update it prevents you from playing. Even if you have auto update turned off. Which just prevents the game from starting a download when steam is on.

Gettin' rid of some codes I got from bundles over the past 2 years, it is possible that the codes may have already been used so apologies in advance. Just quote this post to see the code for the game you want:

Eleusis Steam Code
Taken!

Eleusis Desura Code

Karateka

Paranautical Activity Steam code

Paranautical Activity Desura code

Primordia (99% chance it's already been used)

Guncraft Steam code
Taken!

Guncraft Desura code (let me know if you've taken this as there's another Desura code associated with it)

Fairy Bloom Freesia Steam code

Fairy Bloom Freesia Desura code

Someone has taken that one.

That someone was not me.

:mad:

JustinBB7

Hmm since Steam has lately been adding features that should have been there from the get go. I really hope they can implement something soon that lets you play a game even if it needs a update. I have quite a few on my list that I can't play because the updates are so huge it'll take forever for me to download them over here. I'd be fine if I could just hop on offline mode and play them but that doesn't work. Since as soon as steam detects that it needs an update it prevents you from playing. Even if you have auto update turned off. Which just prevents the game from starting a download when steam is on.

You already can do this, if you launch it will ask you to update now and you can select play anyway.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Hidden Path's other game Windborne is up now for Early Access too. Busy day for them.

i was in the closed beta for that one, didn't like it at all...

but a music FPS from Harmonix and Hidden Path? sounds good to me :)

...and Defense Grid 2

can't wait for DG2! backed it on kickstarter back then and it seems it won't be too long till it's finally finished

Anteater

Syberia is great, just solved the drink mixing puzzle, feels good man
couldn't find where the lemon and honey was and it was right infront of me, hard to spot shit in this game

and Kate's friends can go suck a bag of dicks, wtf is wrong with them!?

You mean the events where you chase the tank? Those are the easiest event in the game. You can just go a snail's pace, and avoid everything easily, while picking up ammo. Then unload everything at once once you've got a clear shot.
Yeah, that's what I started doing. it's just been frustrating having so many of my missiles explode for no reason, especially when I can park in front of one of the purple barriers, fire all nine missiles, and waste 7 before one decides to go the extra inch and destroy it. The collision detection is super wonky for those things.

Regardless, I finished the last pursuit event I had to do, now it's all more traditional races and ring races left on the way to get 232 stars/emblems/whatever.

Turfster

Daily Guns of Icarus Online 75% off
Weeklong
  • Savant Ascent 50% off
  • Steamworld Dig 50% off
  • Deponia 75% off
  • Day One: Garry's Incident 80% off
  • Post Mortem 75% off
  • Aarklash: Legacy 60% off
  • Lucius 75% off
  • STORM:Frontline Nation xx% off
  • Alpha Protocol 75% off
  • Urban Trial Freestyle 75% off
  • Frozen Hearth 50% off
  • Cargo Commander 80% off
  • Silent Storm Gold 75% off
  • Type:Rider 50% off
  • RaySupreme 3D 33% off
  • Avadon 2 75% off
  • Binary Domain 75% off
  • Flatout Complete 75% off
  • Future Wars 90% off
  • Still Life Pack 75% off

The_Monk

Alpha Protocol is on a sweet, sweet price point since it's been rare for the game to be discounted. I really want to play this but I should focus on my Backlog while avoiding more purchases. But less than 4€ seems so good!

EDIT: And Binary Domain too! HNNNG now this is too much...!

Tizoc

OK I've updated my giveaway post.
So uh what's the difference between the 2 versions of Dusty's Revenge anyways?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Daily Guns of Icarus Online 75% off
Weeklong
  • Savant Ascent 50% off
  • Steamworld Dig 50% off
  • Deponia 75% off
  • Day One: Garry's Incident 80% off
  • Post Mortem 75% off
  • Aarklash: Legacy 60% off
  • Lucius 75% off
  • STORM:Frontline Nation xx% off
  • Alpha Protocl 75% off
  • Urban Trial Freestyle 75% off
  • Frozen Hearth 50% off
  • Cargo Commander 80% off
  • Silent Storm Gold 75% off
  • Type:Rider 50% off
  • RaySupreme 3D 33% off
  • Avadon 2 75% off
  • Binary Domain 75% off
  • Flatout Complete 75% off
  • Future Wars 90% off
  • Still Life Pack 75% off

That's a bunch of good games. Also, I forgot my Daylight Savings ended, so this went up one hour "earlier" for me. Great!

The winner of "Make War Not Love" is COH2, Limited time free DLC pack is up
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/38625/

Says it couldn't process my purchase. Weird. I'll try again later.

Jawmuncher

Binary Domain is definitely something everyone needs to grab.
Alpha Protocol is very hit or miss, depends on how badly you want a RPG. Be warned it's still a fairly janky expierence but can be a good one if you can look over the flaws.

Last Still Life 1 I know at least is a great Adventure game. Never played 2 or Post Mortem.
But if you liked Syberia and such in terms of 3D adventure games you can't go wrong there.

AHA-Lambda

What's people's opinion on Steamworld Dig?

I've heard people say good things about it but none of the gameplay videos I've seen have sold me on it tbh.

topyy

bundlestars neo retro bundle
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/neo-retro-bundle/
Jets'n'Guns Gold STEAM - WIN / MAC / LINUX
Inquisitor Deluxe Edition STEAM - WIN
3089 – Futuristic Action RPG FPS STEAM - WIN / MAC / LINUX
Ethan: Meteor Hunter STEAM - WIN
Universe Sandbox STEAM - WIN
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual STEAM - WIN
3079 – Block Action RPG FPS STEAM - WIN / MAC / LINUX
Realms of Arkania – Complete Classic Trilogy STEAM - WIN

Status