• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Can't believe I just sniped that. Lucky timing. Time to see what the hubub is about. Seems like a Bangai-O mixed with physics puzzles or something. Thanks!

Kuroyume

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Realms of Arkania Complete Classic Trilogy -- MB-684E8F66E38F5826 - Taken by Sub Zero. 3 entrants total.
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual -- MB-7980C329BDBD2632 - Taken by Anteater. 3 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-43DC7676F92A66C8 - Taken by Benedict. 11 entrants total.

t1392668817z1.png

I'd get Binary Domain if I wasn't on a mission to kill my backlog. Trying to not allow myself a game purchase until I finish 2-3 games that I currently own. Hopefully, it'll be on sale again in the future. Currently only buying double dips on Steam. Bah.

Don't worry, I didn't see it since I wasn't around. Here's a freak out for you:

FUCK YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!! Day 1, baybee.

So based on your reaction, can I assume the game is worth the price of admission -- I know that Lollipop Chainsaw was kind of a flop and I wasn't too high on Shadows of the Damned after my first playthrough let alone playing through it at least 3 times because the difficulty achievements/trophies didn't stack.

The artstyle/content/gameplay in that trailer looked pretty cool and piqued my interest for sure.

Uraizen

Banned
So based on your reaction, can I assume the game is worth the price of admission -- I know that Lollipop Chainsaw was kind of a flop and I wasn't too high on Shadows of the Damned after my first playthrough let alone playing through it at least 3 times because the difficulty achievements/trophies didn't stack.

The artstyle/content/gameplay in that trailer looked pretty cool and piqued my interest for sure.

An exception for ever rule, friend.
Buy it.

Here ya go. I think he explained the game pretty well to me.

Knurek

I've played Metal Slug 3 for less than half an hour, feels like I did some heavy lifting for half a day.

How's the port, BTW? Especially considering dotEmu previous work (terrible, terrible Irem Arcade Legends and terrible, terrible Raiden collections).

Does Alpha Protocol have DRM? I can't play it through family sharing. (doesn't show up on library)

It's actually one of the few Steam games with no DRM (provided you run the game exe, not the launcher, which is CEG).

Alright fellow GAFfers I can't decide to get either Alpha Protocol or Binary Domain and I'm only getting one (and it's only because I want a little thing for myself) so I'll let you all decide. :D

The_Monk, please make sure to buy Binary Domain, even if AP wins. It's a way better game of the two, and second only to Spec Ops: The Line when it comes to TPS shooters on Steam.

Sajjaja

friend bought it but the game don't seem to show up in his library, guess it's not shareable

he bought it because I was complaining about the fucking region shit.

What region shit? You can't buy it?
The_Monk, please make sure to buy Binary Domain, even if AP wins. It's a way better game of the two, and second only to Spec Ops: The Line when it comes to TPS shooters on Steam.

But Spec Ops didn't have great shooting =/

Card Boy

Banned
Card City Nights is part of the Playfire/GMG beta program this week. .
It's sold for half price still at Steamstore.
It has cards (you can sell)

these are the rewards at the Playfire beta:
Play Card City Nights for the first time - £0.10
Unlock 10 Damage Combo in Card City Nights - £0.50
Unlock 9 Card Combo in Card City Nights - £0.50
Unlock 5 Turn Win! in Card City Nights - £0.10
Unlock 6 Card Combo in Card City Nights - £0.25
Unlock Complete Game in Card City Nights - £0.25
Unlock 8 Turn Win! in Card City Nights - £0.10
Unlock 5 Damage Combo in Card City Nights - £0.10

I got the game and those achievements are hard very to do.

The_Monk

Alright my good people, you voted and I will go for the Winning vote as for now:

p3J2Tlh.png

There was 55 Votes and Alpha Protocol won. As I mentioned I can only get one for now but I promise I will get Binary Domain later on too. I'm hoping for it on Summer Sale!

I will download it now and (try) to Stream on Twitch. I do not have a Mic or a Webcam (yet) and I'm still new to this so I'm not sure if this is even going to be watchable but either way, feel free to join in:

http://pt.twitch.tv/i_miguel

bender

What time is it?
I saw this banner in the corner of my eye and thought there was a FC Blood Dragon sequel for a moment there.

header_292x136.jpg

Kickstarter keys went out yesterday. Haven't had a chance to give it a whirl though.

I got a free physical copy of Alpha Protocol from Gamestop a while ago. Still tempted to purchase a Steam copy via the weekly sale.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
friend bought it but the game don't seem to show up in his library, guess it's not shareable

he bought it because I was complaining about the fucking region shit.

It shows up my laptop. Try de-authorising and reauthorising the PC.

Bought both Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain. They'd better be good gaf.
Been interested in both for a while now though, and both look very interesting.

Hey guys. I've been a lurker for a long time, but finally a couple of weeks ago I decided to join in the fun. To celebrate, and as thanks for everything I learned from you guys, I thought of giving away a few keys I collected over the years.
They are not very recent, and most of you probably already have them, but I hope they will please someone.
That's an incredible first post. Welcome!

Bought KiD for PS3 a couple of months ago... Another waste of money to go with Castlevania, Rising and Enslaved.
Wasn't expecting this in a million years.
At least only Castlevania was full price.
Looking forward to playing KiD without the damn screen tearing though.

Bought KiD for PS3 a couple of months ago... Another waste of money to go with Castlevania, Rising and Enslaved.
Wasn't expecting this in a million years.
At least only Castlevania was full price.
Looking forward to playing KiD without the damn screen tearing though.

No purchase of Rising is EVER a waste.

Not interested on these games. hope someone is :)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cargo Commander -- MB-C538CCB45EB6F0E6 - Taken by trailmix16. 9 entrants total.
Inseticide -- MB-670C102CCCB3D221 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.

t1392671923z1.png

Lyonaz

Hey guys. I've been a lurker for a long time, but finally a couple of weeks ago I decided to join in the fun. To celebrate, and as thanks for everything I learned from you guys, I thought of giving away a few keys I collected over the years.
They are not very recent, and most of you probably already have them, but I hope they will please someone.

By the way, my Steam friend list is a little barren, so it would be nice if anyone added me. My profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/falexandre

Thanks for Ben There, Dan That! and Time Gentlemen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom