• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
id broke Doom 2:

10 minutes ago Changed Depots

+ 2301/manifests/local: 555286684424091796
- 2301/manifests/public: 8750688354178254492
2301/maxsize: 20086809 › 38455431
+ branches/local/buildid: 192606
+ branches/local/description: Local Content Server

No public branch = no downloadable data.

The_Monk

Alpha Protocol finished downloading, going to try this for the first time! Link is on the other post above, let's see how this goes. :)

Knurek

Alpha Protocol finished downloading, going to try this for the first time! Link is on the other post above, let's see how this goes. :)

Take note that the hacking minigame is impossible to do with m+kb, stock up on EMP grenades if you plan to hack anything.

dK0Fn.gif

I mean that I could've waited for the superior version since I have the hardware to run it, not that the game is bad. I thought it was obvious.
It's frustrating when money is extremely tight.

oops, forgot this add this one on the other raffle :p
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Legendary -- MB-592FE0DBA1CF5B7A - Taken by Relax.MX

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
So that insane Japanese game Killer is Dead is coming to pc

gotta love all these ports lately.
Yup, never played the game myself but I'm really excited because of Suda51. With a bit of luck his other games will come too, but this is a nice start.

I should replay Liberation Maiden in celebration. WE'LL FIGHT FOR OUR PEOPLE!

Tesseract

Banned
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rush Bros. -- MB-9289AB6E48D4F24F - Taken by Leg-End
Velvet Assassin -- MB-BB7459F5E996C622 - Taken by Shalashaska

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Full of as many types of DRM as they could cram into it.
(It's also not a very good city builder)

the second statement is false, its an awesome builder. And I had zero issues with the DRM. Have a big ol /shrug Turfster!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
For whomever wants it, enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Insecticide -- MB-941C16E8E1BDA4FE - Taken by Blablurn

Turfster

the second statement is false, its an awesome builder. And I had zero issues with the DRM. Have a big ol /shrug Turfster!

a) it's not really a Simcity/Cities XL style city builder, which is what he asked for
b) have fun with your Steam/Uplay/TAGES OSfucking machine limited game =p

Knurek

Impossible? But I played the game with KB/M setup.

I have literally have not been able to clear the hacking minigame even once during my playthrough - kb part was sort of okay, mouse though was so floaty, it was impossible to not trigger an alarm.

Why are they even doing anything to Doom 2?

UE3 port incoming?

Oh god, Ketsui is so amazing. Cave needs to get off their asses and port their games to Steam.

Ahhh I finally made it to 4-3 in Spelunky with the jetpack and a healthy amount of bombs but I only had 2 health and died to a stupid arrow trap.

When I'm done sobbing, Olmec is mine.

radMonkey

Been doing it for the last couple months - never had a problem. Besides, I doubt they can track anything. The only risk is if you're playing VAC-enabled games or not.

Still, it's a great program - can't complain about free credit. I certainly buy enough from them as is.

Obviously I don't want to go into the specifics, but we do detect people using SAM and we've banned some here and there. We're still in BETA so it's as much an experiment for us, but providing it proves successful we are considering introducing other repercussions to the GMG account, aside from the banning of SAM users on Playfire - which we currently do.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, that's not why I subscribe to this thread, just outlining that obviously it's something we don't condone and it comes with risks.

/Spiel

Does the credit take a while to kick in? I got some achievements and nothing happened.

That'll be my bad. Quite often we have to be reactive with the rewards and new releases during the beta. I'm currently in NA and our office in the UK - I didn't have time to add the rewards to the backend last night. I've entered them now so if you've unlocked anything between the release period and now, you should see them pop up in your transaction feed in the next few hours.

DocSeuss

Rome 2's dlc looks more interesting that the ones COH2 got free. I'm sort of sure it was rigged, but then again I've been playing a lot of Omerta: City of Gangsters, so my brain is working in a sneaky, conniving manner.

Not really rigged; wasn't it basically "whatever game has more wins," meaning, "whatever game has more players actually playing," which, well, when it comes down to it, CoH2 has been discounted more heavily more frequently. Not so much rigged as simply inevitable.

Knurek

Are you playing Xtra or the PGM original?
I still have nightmares about the Cinderella Amber's "sweep" pattern.

I did play a bit with the NDS port/boss rush thingy, now trying to
5cc
clear PGM original
on Easy

Can't say I'm any good at the game - ST4 Midboss is the furthest I could reach so far (with excessive bombing to boot). Is this the hardest Cave game? Or is Progear/Dodopachi 3 harder?

Evrain

I did play a bit with the NDS port/boss rush thingy, now trying to
5cc
clear PGM original
on Easy

Can't say I'm any good at the game - ST4 Midboss is the furthest I could reach so far (with excessive bombing to boot). Is this the hardest Cave game? Or is Progear/Dodopachi 3 harder?
The absolute hardest is DoDonPachi DaiOuJou - playing Black Label is advisable, as they fixed a few balance issues and corrected a mistake in the Hyper Meter fill-up rate.
Although Saidaioujou upped the ante A LOT. The Inbachi patterns are pure horror.

As for my track record, I can easily reach EVAC Industries (ST5) on Normal, but the tempest of tanks and the Trafalgar inevitably blow me to pieces.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If you went back 10 years and told me that something that would instantly worry me about a videogame is that it's free to play, I would have laughed.
Sad but true. Hearing the word(s) F2P instantly kills my excitement for the game.

Guess this is what happens when the well has been poisoned :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
F2P is a great model for certain types of games where the base game acts as a storefront for content (Pinball, music), not so much when you try to shoehorn regular game design in with it. We'll have to see how that Harmonix game works.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Not really rigged; wasn't it basically "whatever game has more wins," meaning, "whatever game has more players actually playing," which, well, when it comes down to it, CoH2 has been discounted more heavily more frequently. Not so much rigged as simply inevitable.

Rome II has a lot more active players than COH2, also from my experience with both games it takes less effort to win a normal campaign battle in Rome (if you're not outnumbered or besieged). All Rome II DLC has sold really well whereas COH 2 DLC has been moderately successful. Having Rome win would mean a lot less money in SEGA's pockets.

good luck!

Thanks for 3079!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom