• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

The Third Ass I'm giving away in this thread now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-8335004C0BC186BA - Taken by Intheflorsh

Obviously I don't want to go into the specifics, but we do detect people using SAM and we've banned some here and there. We're still in BETA so it's as much an experiment for us, but providing it proves successful we are considering introducing other repercussions to the GMG account, aside from the banning of SAM users on Playfire - which we currently do.

I don't want to sound like a jerk, that's not why I subscribe to this thread, just outlining that obviously it's something we don't condone and it comes with risks.

I'll take you at your word on that. Still, great program.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Try to add individual of them, the pack link is dead now.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/260311/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/260310/

Edit: Ninja'd

THanks! More Free dlc for the game I never played! (I liked Original CoH so much, and the F2P CoH was pretty good as well. I pre-ordered this one, but never even installed it.. :p)

Acccent

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been posted but there's been an update to the Air skin and it's pretty great :) Fixes several things, adds a new font option, new game detail pages...
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamair#announcements/detail/1405424652150564258

2%20Air%20-%20Details.png

The_Monk

Played near two hours of Alpha Protocol and I'm really liking it. I can see that the game is not the best when it comes to controls and while using the 360 controller my character walks randomly every now and then. I doubt the problem is from the controller since this do not happen with other games.

I think I made a good choice but at the same time I'm curious about Binary Domain. But I believe this one will provide me more hours and the Story seems interesting. I'll bite on B.D if it gets this price later on Summer Sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wasnt Strider out on the 18th? says 19th for me

random

Thank you textonly for the link to the Amazon bundle.

These are the left overs from that and a couple other bundles:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-02E404FB78991D01 - Taken by The_Monk. 8 entrants total.
Velvet Assassin -- MB-80147E4317E54D5C - Taken by Santini. 6 entrants total.
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded -- MB-ED260F9BFC4AAF79 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
Rush Bros -- MB-338DAFA86BB3922B - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 1 entrants total.

t1392682274z1.png

I may have missed it, but I saw no mention of the current GMG deals:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

They have a Telltale Collection with:

• Poker Night 2
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
  • Back to the Future: The Game
  • Jurassic Park: The Game
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Puzzle Agent
  • The Walking Dead
  • The Walking Dead - 400 days DLC
that looks like a good deal for 18.60 , after using the coupon code OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1.

I may have missed it, but I saw no mention of the current GMG deals:

http://www.greenmangaming.com/hot-deals/

They have a Telltale Collection with:

• Poker Night 2
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack
  • Back to the Future: The Game
  • Jurassic Park: The Game
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Puzzle Agent
  • The Walking Dead
  • The Walking Dead - 400 days DLC
that looks like a good deal for 18.60 €, after using the coupon code OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1.

It was mentioned a few pages back but it was quite a deal. I bought it for everything but Poker Night and Walking Dead. Won't find that bundle much cheaper than this guys.

random

It was mentioned a few pages back but it was quite a deal. I bought it for everything but Poker Night and Walking Dead. Won't find that bundle much cheaper than this guys.

I should have known that it had already been posted, but I guess there is no harm in letting others who missed it, know about this.

Backlogger

Binary Domain is a love it or hate it game I suppose. I didn't like it. I thought it was a terrible game.

I went to try it out the other night and saw that it had voice commands. I really didn't want to play that way so I turned it off. Apparently there is a setting to disable so I am going to give it another go, but I really dislike talking to technology. I'd rather just press a button.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Which is exactly what it allows you to do. If you don't want to use voice, you turn it off and you can just hold a button and select one of the options given. You can also ignore talking all together, though that means you won't see some of the endings and have less effect on how characters behave around you.

I went to try it out the other night and saw that it had voice commands. I really didn't want to play that way so I turned it off. Apparently there is a setting to disable so I am going to give it another go, but I really dislike talking to technology. I'd rather just press a button.

Just as you said, you can disable it and enter commands by just pressing buttons. I also dislike voice commands but it's kind of funny to try it at least once.

I got embarrassed at myself for yelling alone at my bedroom and never tried it again :(

Finally got a nice monitor and want to try HAWKEN...but I can't play unless I buy an early access pack.

Shame, guess I'll wait until it's actually F2P on Steam (should have made an account a long time ago - I've been wearing the free beanie they gave me at PAX East 2013 for months!)

Tellaerin

You can also ignore talking all together, though that means you won't see some of the endings and have less effect on how characters behave around you.

Is voice really that heavily integrated into the game? : / I don't own a mic, and my prime gaming time is when the rest of the household's asleep. If I'd known there were story-related things you couldn't do without using voice commands, I might've passed on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom