• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Is voice really that heavily integrated into the game? : / I don't own a mic, and my prime gaming time is when the rest of the household's asleep. If I'd known there were story-related things you couldn't do without using voice commands, I might've passed on it.

In that they feed into the trust system, yeah they're crucial. Like others have mentioned though, you can turn off using voice and they just turn into binary button choices. I'm not sure why people read into that feature as much as they do.

kurahador

Is voice really that heavily integrated into the game? : / I don't own a mic, and my prime gaming time is when the rest of the household's asleep. If I'd known there were story-related things you couldn't do without using voice commands, I might've passed on it.

You can disable it and choose dialogue response using like normal.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just lost 4 hours of my life playing SteamWorld Dig. Such an awesome game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
You're probably almost done with it then. I don't think it clocks in higher than 6-8 hours.

I finished my first playthrough, even unlocked 9/24 achievements. I obviously missed some things, but it was a good run.

Tellaerin

In that they feed into the trust system, yeah they're crucial. Like others have mentioned though, you can turn off using voice and they just turn into binary button choices. I'm not sure why people read into that feature as much as they do.

You can disable it and choose dialogue response using like normal.

Ah, okay. Thanks, guys. : ) The way that post was phrased, I was thinking that you could still order your squadmates around with keyboard commands if you wanted to, but if you didn't talk to them using a mic, you wouldn't be able to get some endings. Reminds me of the UT2k4 bots in team games, which you could supposedly give voice commands to if you wanted, though I never messed with the feature myself.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

Sorry about the confusion there, I did type it in a hurry. As others said though, you are quite fine to play it without worrying about waking people up thanks to the button choices. It's just more fun to tell Bo he has a nice arse or the like and see his responses to that rather than just the base options given to you for small, simple, funny moments.

At most you might miss some characters helping you more or helping you less if you insulted them, but ultimately and for the end results, it doesn't change anything too drastic if you just use the button commands instead.

inm8num2

FYI: Humble Store now has Euro and British pricing.

Today we’re excited to announce the addition of Euro and British Pound Sterling pricing on the Humble Store. The new currencies will allow us to offer more great games to all Humble Bundle customers while supporting awesome charities.

Along with the currencies, we’ve introduced what we call Humble Pricing. Humble Pricing is an automated price that is updated every night based on the US dollar price of the game. Humble Pricing doesn’t scale up for VAT or other charges. It simply translates a single worldwide price to each currency.

While we love the simplicity of Humble Pricing, we recognize that it doesn’t make sense for every developer or publisher. We also give them the option to provide an MSRP for each currency or region. The flexibility of offering either Humble Pricing or industry standard pricing means that we can bring you more awesome games at awesome discounts worldwide.

These new currencies are only available on the Humble Store. Humble Bundles, Weekly Sales, and Widgets will remain US dollar only with one worldwide price.

Vecks

Alpha Protocol and Binary Domain are both weeklies? And it's 75% off? Thanks Sega. I can take my time scrounging up that card money.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Hey! So, tomorrow is our one-year anniversary for Super House of Dead Ninjas hitting Steam - hooray! And I have to say personally, I couldn't be more happy with the response it's gotten, especially on NeoGAF (where all things considered I was expecting people to rip us to shreds over it - instead, the response has been mesmerisingly good.) So, thank you everyone for making it a success for us. :D

...And to honour that, I've got some Steam codes to give away:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super House of Dead Ninjas #4 -- MB-784DBFF856E5B916 - Taken by user237
Super House of Dead Ninjas #3 -- MB-7FAFA2D41A241721 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Super House of Dead Ninjas #2 -- MB-0DF0365BB426E98B - Taken by Tesseract
Super House of Dead Ninjas -- MB-71C6F440BDA2AEEE - Taken by JakeD

Have fun! :>

kurahador

Dat steam cards.

fccards.png

Hey! So, tomorrow is our one-year anniversary for Super House of Dead Ninjas hitting Steam - hooray! And I have to say personally, I couldn't be more happy with the response it's gotten, especially on NeoGAF (where all things considered I was expecting people to rip us to shreds over it - instead, the response has been mesmerisingly good.) So, thank you everyone for making it a success for us. :D

Thanks for SHDON! Will make sure to check out soon

Tesseract

Banned

oh snap, thank you!

JakeD

thank you! i've been meaning to grab this for a while but somehow kept missing the sales

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A great giveaway for a great game. It was a success by being so well made, everyone involved in it should feel quite proud of it.

I know I'm thankful for the 50 plus hours I've gotten out of it and will continue to have for quite sometime as my favourite game on Steam. Eventually I'll even manage those speed run achievements... someday.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Binary Domain is a love it or hate it game I suppose. I didn't like it. I thought it was a terrible game.
You're not the only one. I thought it was pretty mediocre, and didn't like any of the characters. Yeah, I'd say Big Bo was tolerable, but nothing more than that. After all the praise it got here, I was completely disappointed.

mannerbot

Noo, why'd I have to alt-tab. u_u

Congrats on the anniversary and thank you for the giveaway!

Uraizen

Banned
I've heard good things... I need to pick it up.

Have you tried the netcode at all? Can you comment on it at all?

I can.

There's a small delay, but it's not enough to be a deal breaker. Apparently there's host advantage, too. Only the second player feels the delay, so the delay might depend on the host's connection?

Uraizen

Banned
Nothing special, just wanted to try ModBot once.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-77A7AC1BDEDDD4BB - Taken by dk_. 3 entrants total.
Rush Bros -- MB-69513DC23105421D - Taken by _hekk05. 4 entrants total.

t1392690147z1.png

Nabs

Dat steam cards.

fccards.png

what. haha

Good stuff!

Chronoja

Dat steam cards.

fccards.png

why steam cards were never"normalised", as in always a set of 10, is beyond me, 31 cards is just absurd. I guess the differences create some kind of false trade value and economy or something. If everyone wasn't so content to be earning pennies back on their games maybe we'd get an trading card system that was actually worth something. It's stunning how completely undercooked that whole idea was and still is.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
By the way, there is an actual best ending in Binary Domain that no one seems to get.
Bo doesn't die. The Chinese girl doesn't die. Cain reappears. Everyone lives!

kurahador

By the way, there is an actual best ending in Binary Domain that no one seems to get.
Bo doesn't die. The Chinese girl doesn't die. Cain reappears. Everyone lives!

Wait...the chinese girl can die? I thought it was impossible because you get stuck with her most of the game.
Plus there's that ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom