• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the best game on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=186357488

268x268.resizedimage

Wow, I didn't realise that Dan Teesdale had a new game already. Exciting stuff!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had a few leftovers:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

And Yet It Moves -- MB-DCB721EF126464EE - Taken by _hekk05
The Dream Machine Chapters 1 to 3 -- MB-2C941EA89D6E5F9E - Taken by Zeeman

By the way, there is an actual best ending in Binary Domain that no one seems to get.
Bo doesn't die. The Chinese girl doesn't die. Cain reappears. Everyone lives!

I totally got that ending. The key is just to always agree with the character every time there's a dialogue prompt.

maty

Hey, I've just came back from a 3 week vacation. While being away it was quite hard to keep up with the thread but I read that many were able to get their hands on South Park for $20. Is that still possible or am I too late?

Thanks

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if posted yet, but starting tomorrow Amazon will have Kingdoms of Amalur + DLC Bundle for $9.99 which includes individual Steam keys for the game and each DLC.

The base game by itself (DRM: Steam) will be $4.99 and the DLC will be $2.99 each.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
HAHAHA this is the best thing I've seen all night, tied right there with the Twitch Pokemon Red stream.

I think the keyboard solo works better for the video: http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-Tdu4uKSZ3M&start1=340&video2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D0yCYHXPmrGc&start2=0&authorName=Roundabutt. It looks like it's synchronized at times. Again, mute the second video :p

Ikaruga and Banished tomorrow....it's gonna be a good day (and a long wait for classes to be over).

I wish they'd let me buy and pre-load Ikaruga.

I know, right?
It makes you wonder what kind of RoI you'll get on the game's cards.
They'll probably give you around 16 drops if I had to guess... and since the game won't have a ton of owner's immediately, the market shouldn't be flooded.
Even if you got only $.0.25/card, you could get $4 back off your purchase of the game if you didn't care about trying to get the badge.

I thought the only thing notable about Amalur were the circumstances surrounding it and how that resulted in it never being discounted on Steam.

But now that it's getting sales, it kind of loses all amallure doesn't it? I mean what's the point anymore, once the purchase is made it'll just be a hollow fulfillment in retrospect.

Backlogger

Just as you said, you can disable it and enter commands by just pressing buttons. I also dislike voice commands but it's kind of funny to try it at least once.

I got embarrassed at myself for yelling alone at my bedroom and never tried it again :(

lol, yeah thats pretty much the same for me. Same reason I won't get an xBox One and talk to my Kinect.

Also, in the case of my desk and PC location, its right next to my kids' rooms. I don't want to be talking into my headset too loud and wake them up.

dani_dc

Same. I've been waiting to give up my money for both games for a few weeks now. It's not often that I would actually do that.

Yesterday I looked and saw that Ikaruga was releasing "Tomorrow", I failed to realize it was past midnight and that "Tomorrow" actually involved two sleep cycles.

Needless to say, I was severally disappointed when I realized I had to wait an extra day.

Matchew

Do you guys/girls think it's worth buying the $9.99 upgrade for Deux Ex directors cut content? Never played the game about to start it up.

Stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-3B131850C2ED822B - Taken by crazyrabbits
Legendary -- MB-5A7902A0941EF812 - Taken by An-Det

Do you guys/girls think it's worth buying the $9.99 upgrade for Deux Ex directors cut content? Never played the game about to start it up.
If you already own the original and haven't played it yet, my opinion is that you skip the DC. While it tweaks the boss fights for the better, it adds a slew of minor bugs not found in the original version, and the inclusion of Missing Link is more of a negative than a positive, it just ruins the pacing of the game.

I think the DC is worthwhile for the commentary afterwards, when things like the above won't affect the experience, but for your first time through I think you're better off with the original release.

Matchew

If you already own the original and haven't played it yet, my opinion is that you skip the DC. While it tweaks the boss fights for the better, it adds a slew of minor bugs not found in the original version, and the inclusion of Missing Link is more of a negative than a positive, it just ruins the pacing of the game.

I think the DC is worthwhile for the commentary afterwards, when things like the above won't affect the experience, but for your first time through I think you're better off with the original release.

Ok, I'll just play the original. Thanks for the answer.

The "better" boss fights are the whole reason I gave them $5.
I had the worst experience with boss #3 and it was all my fault... so I never really thought they needed tweaks. I'm curious to see what constitutes "better". :lol

Garcia

Going back to Civ III after playing a long (still unconcluded) Civ V match had a direct impact on my understanding of the former. Thanks to the more intuitive and friendly approach of V all the hidden aspects of III suddenly were brought to my attention. Somehow I had completely forgotten about vital micromanagement stuff like unit upgrades, science/entertainment sliders and food distribution. All of those are right there but you have to look for them individually; they're just not shown in the same way as V.

I'm having a much greater time with III being able to finally counterattack the bizantines (whom I'm neighbors with) running under Monarch difficulty. They love declaring war.

Time to give a little back, I think:

ModBot said:
Instructions for corrosivefrost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-00D95B1EDB7272C5 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.
Alien Shooter -- MB-2DFC9FD963199CB3 - Taken by _hekk05. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter -- MB-0043FBB250BE7811 - Taken by gwynplaine. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate:- -- MB-C4BF6332C8700842 - Taken by Garcia. 22 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-23692F2307C97CF6 - Taken by jmizzal. 21 entrants total.
BEEP -- MB-44FE4FBD39C14118 - Taken by topyy. 5 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-D32F1072ECF5ED14 - Taken by Shalashaska. 12 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-105A700E835C14AC - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-967E0BFF50583E11 - Taken by cardinalmind. 9 entrants total.
Gun Monkeys -- MB-6417DEA0917AD9E0 - Taken by adriano999. 5 entrants total.
Alien Shooter 2 Reloaded -- MB-138D7C13B9E56A13 - Taken by Dice. 1 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-B00E9BB283F88B9C - Taken by darkchewie

t1392707473z1.png

The "better" boss fights are the whole reason I gave them $5.
I had the worst experience with boss #3 and it was all my fault... so I never really thought they needed tweaks. I'm curious to see what constitutes "better". :lol
I spammed him with the grenade launcher that came with the preorder bonus, boss fight ended in 5 seconds.

JustinBB7

Oh man. I thought Brutal Legend had a lot with 15, but 31. I may try to collect them all for this badge. Love TiTs: FC.

Yea getting Brutal Legends 15 was bullshit enough already. Specially because you have to buy every card 1 by 1 and there is no option to buy stuff in bulk. I get why, but it's just so clumsy. Enhanced steam helps a lot but I wish Valve would make it easier as well. (And add a card limit, 10 is plenty)

Garcia

Hey, nice raffle corrosivefrost, will be participating for some of those.

The GunZ servers are down, yet my excitment keeps rising. I can't believe I'm going to play that game once more after so many years.

Urgent Maintenance Notice
20:44
Hello all,

As previously posted, we are currently increasing the server capacity.

To apply this server upgrade, we will close the game service for the next 2 hours.

Game service will be back up by Feb 17 21:00 PST.

GunZ Team

dani_dc

Have we gotten any update on Trails in the sky release date?

...What? The ending of that show has "Roundabout" as its song? Why haven't I heard of this before?

I have no idea why, but you should correct that and start watching the show.
Season 2 should be starting this April too!

I spammed him with the grenade launcher that came with the preorder bonus, boss fights ended in 5 seconds,

I took him on during my no kill, no alert run on hard, with the limiting chip.
For awhile, I thought it was going to be impossible.
For awhile, I tried to deal with the part where you can glitch a stealth one-hit assassination kill on him.
In the end, I took him out legitimately as a stealth character with all those adverse factors against me.

So the argument I heard a lot of, about how the fights were unfair to certain builds, I understand it, but I still don't think it's anywhere near the level of travesty that a lot of the Internet made it out to be.

GMG needs to give me my Strider key already.

I agree.

After watching the video here, I have more hype for it and I'm hoping my initial skepticism proves to unfounded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S9Bg-yhdPc

I still wish it came with Strider 1 and Strider 2 like the JP LE for PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom