• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took him on during my no kill, no alert run on hard, with the limiting chip.
For awhile, I thought it was going to be impossible.
For awhile, I tried to deal with the part where you can glitch a stealth one-hit assassination kill on him.
In the end, I took him out legitimately as a stealth character with all those adverse factors against me.

So the argument I heard a lot of, about how the fights were unfair to certain builds, I understand it, but I still don't think it's anywhere near the level of travesty that a lot of the Internet made it out to be.
They actually removed the glitch mentioned in the second option for DC, haha.

But for the most part, they expand the arena across all of them, allow vent crawling in some, hacking turrets and roaming bots, being able to find more weaponry in the immediate area, that sort of thing.

I think cards could have been thought out more. I think Steam achievements should have been tied to badges. Like if you get all achievements you get a badge for that game.

Garcia

I think cards could have been thought out more. I think Steam achievements should have been tied to badges. Like if you get all achievements you get a badge for that game.

Funny because I was thinking exactly about that. I thought badges were also dropped as you completed a game's achievements but went "huh?" when I realized that's not the case.

I agree there should be drops for completionists.

Mutant Mudds Deluxe can be TOUGH in spots. Even if you break the game using the jump boost in areas...

I'm not sure what the end goal is, but I've now 100% every level on the hub except the 4 space levels (and their counterparts in the mirror/ghost world).

It looks real nice using the CRT effect with SweetFX though. I've been using that on Spelunky too.

Not interested in mutant mudds, but can you link the Spelunky magic?

Sure.

I've been using this:
http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/7178/full/

sweetfx-on-2.png

Are there any other games similar to Ultimate General: Gettysburg? (Vote for it on Greenlight because it looks awesome)
Deep tactical gameplay, large scale battles with hundreds of soldiers, any time period is cool, not a ground level perspective like Mount & Blade, more overhead birds-eye command of the entire battlefield
(although if you could zoom in for a closer look at the battle, that would be cool)

It can be indie or not, doesn't matter

Are there any other games similar to Ultimate General: Gettysburg? (Vote for it on Greenlight because it looks awesome)

Deep tactical gameplay, large scale battles with hundreds of soldiers, any time period is cool, not a ground level perspective like Mount & Blade, more overhead birds-eye command of the entire battlefield
(although if you could zoom in for a closer look at the battle, that would be cool)

One of the forty odd total war games might be a good match. Alternatively King Arthur II

C4rter

Looks great. Reminds me of "Sid Meier's Gettysburg". That was a great game as well. Not well received by the critics but I knew many people who liked it.

Garcia

Thanks for Pixeljunk Monsters corrosivefrost! I've been eager to play it after having watched a couple of gameplay videos yesterday.

Company of Heroes 2 is also loaded with a metric shittton of f2p-esque IAP. Search for COH 2 on the Steam store, there's roughly 4 pages of unlisted DLC in the main Company of Heroes 2 store page.

Company of Heroes 2 is also loaded with a metric shittton of f2p-esque IAP. Search for COH 2 on the Steam store, there's roughly 4 pages of unlisted DLC in the main Company of Heroes 2 store page.
Well there goes that. I can't stand freemium shit on IOS, I definitely won't support it on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom