• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damaniel

Banned
Wait, how didyou get Portal?

Swapper please

No clue. Steam just told me a got 3 items in my inventory. The new items were copies of Portal and Portal 2 (which I already own), and the coupon. I went to look at the details and Steam crashed.

I have no clue why, or what's even there, at least until Steam starts working for me again.

EDIT: Got back into Steam, definitely got Portal and Portal 2. I'll have to give them away at some point, but literally every friend on my Steam list has both games already (is there anyone in the world without Portal or Portal 2 yet?)

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Oh nice, just saw my PM. Thanks for The Swapper Grief! Now I have all of the Humble Bundle games and don't need to buy it, until the bonus is something great and then I buy the bundle anyway only to give away the rest of the games.

Your move, Humble.

An update, it seems:

We have several small changes today around trade offers, emoticons, and profile backgrounds:
You can once again include a note with your trade offer, and these will display in a new style.
Emoticons are now supported in profile descriptions and showcases.
Emoticons are also supported in group announcements
The emoticon list is now sorted by game name, then by emoticon name.
Emoticon item descriptions in inventory, trade, and market will now show a preview of the small size emoticon.
Profile background item descriptions in inventory, trade, and market now have a link to preview the background full-size.

Came here to see info about the random coupons and I see I'm not the only one. Got two -25% for Broken Age(Loyalty, kinda makes sense) and one -30% for Aqua Kitty (I have no clue why I got this one).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I got 75% off Shadow Warrior, 30% off Aqua Kitty, and 5 copies of the Double Fine coupon.

I do not understand how to get my games from the 'Moon Landing' Bundle at all.

You get an email at your paypal email which contains a sentence that tells you the order the keys will appear in, and then at the bottom of the email you'll see a bunch of comma-separated keys.

I do not understand how to get my games from the 'Moon Landing' Bundle at all.

You should get an e-mail with the codes in it, also a link to a webpage. First three codes area for Steam, the rest for Desura. First code works on both.

Have to say it isn't the nicest way I've seen keys given out.

Edit: Too slow :(

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rayman Origins -- MB-B865B40F425B50CE

t1392858609z1.png

def sim

ModBot said:
Instructions for thrillho:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee: Gold Edition -- MB-2FB76FF2B3349B17 - Taken by kutthoat5150

I had a lot of fun playing through this recently. Make sure to check out the workshop skins!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
You get an email at your paypal email which contains a sentence that tells you the order the keys will appear in, and then at the bottom of the email you'll see a bunch of comma-separated keys.

You should get an e-mail with the codes in it, also a link to a webpage. First three codes area for Steam, the rest for Desura. First code works on both.

Have to say it isn't the nicest way I've seen keys given out.

Edit: Too slow :(

Ah, so that's it. Confusing why they went that route, but at least I can sort it. Thank you both.

Well that isn't humble at all. Wonderful giveaway my friend, thanks for the chance.

Elija2

I also got a 25% off Broken Age coupon. It says Discount for Double Fine Loyalty so I'm guessing they sent them out to everyone who owns a Double Fine game? All I own is Brutal Legend but whatever. If anyone wants it (although it sounds like a bunch of people got it) let me know.

ShogunX

If anybody has a spare 75% Shadow Warrior code I would be grateful if I could have it off you. Got a couple of Broken Age and Aqua Kitty codes if anybody wants them.

Levyne

Banned
Aww for some reason humble wont spit out a Guacamelee key from Modbot, oh well.

I also have a 75% Shadow warrior code I'm not interested in.

RedSwirl

As I expected, everyone else got those coupons too. I'm probably gonna use my Shadow Warrior thing though. I'm just not gonna play it until after I've had a chance to check out OG Shadow Warrior.

So how is the new Rise of the Triad? I received a coupon and I think my laptop might be able to run it.
It's pretty bad, with the only real upside being that it's short. You pretty much fight the same single enemy type for three quarters of the game, weapon variety is poor, and the game is super buggy -- you'll constantly run into cases where level scripting straight up breaks.

Avoid it.

Coldsun

Banned
So how is the new Rise of the Triad? I received a coupon and I think my laptop might be able to run it.

Honestly I'm not a fan of it. While I loved older FPSes that had ridiculous run speeds, this game just feels over the top. It actually greatly subtracts from the overall experience.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

It's a lot like the old Rise of the Triad. Not great, just a really dumb fast paced shooter. If you played and liked the original (and think that those feelings would hold up if you played it again) then check it out. Seems like a lot of people in here were disappointed by it but it was what I expected.

RedSwirl

Actually now I don't know if that's gonna happen. The Shadow Warrior thing expires in two weeks, and I know I'm probably not gonna play the game any time soon, so there's a good chance it could end up on a lower Steam sale by the time I do.

Levyne

Banned
Also, got my Sennheiser 558 in today, thanks to those that suggested them to me! I like them so far, but still a bit in the honeymoon phase, I guess. Also got a soundcard and I'm tinkering with that software a bit too. Old headset relegated to PS4.

zkylon

zkylewd
Wow! That would be weird! Congratulations on becoming a new big brother!

Felicidades :)

Besides, he'll have lots of games to play as he grows up. Unless he joins GAF at an early age.

hopefully by the time he gets around playing games family sharing will allow me to play as he plays or else he'll have to build his own steam library

Congrats! 25 years, huh? Wow. Now I'm imagining you and your little bro as Ziggy and Jr.
shouldn't I be gaignum?

Congrats man! That doesn't sound like an accident for your parents at all! ;)

It's fun though being a brother/uncle. My little nephew is 3 and he's a riot, lot of fun seeing him grow up :p
lol it's actually like a step brother since it's my dad and his girlfriend but yea, who knew, the old man still got it

I and my young brother are 22 years old apart, he love to plays Toki Tori and I think half of the achievements unlocked was done by him.
lol, my other brother unlocks most hard achievements for me so I guess I'll get to 100% a game now :p

maybe get dem last pesky new vegas cheevos

hey it says the swapper's redeemed already. might want to put your other key up if you have it.

but it's ok think i'm going to buy the bundle anyway
check your pms

Thanks zkylon! I've been wanting to try this game out!
np friend

dust is pretty boss

I'm glad you managed to get the key, I really fucked up this giveaway lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom