• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

StAidan

A couple extras!

ModBot said:
Instructions for StAidan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-A076F7A7FF70F59C - Taken by jmizzal. 7 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-D6E85892C07C7EDD - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 7 entrants total.

t1392775402z1.png

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wait, Drox Operative is on sale?

Drox Operative has been available on Steam for over a year and a half!? Where the hell have I been?

edit: Oh, apparently that's the original release date. I'm so confused by Steam release dates, they make no god damned sense. It's a new release, I'm less confused now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does anyone have a coupon on Steam they're not using? I don't care what it is for, need to test something with Enhanced Steam involving coupons but I currently don't have any.

I didn't get any in the latest Steam glitch.

EDIT: Nevermind - just logged in and got a bajillion.

EdmondD

Giving a little back to the generous folk of GAF. Both great games. Hope I did this right.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-7AFC08D167CEF99A - Taken by Angel Abaddon. 9 entrants total.
Dust:An Elysian Tale -- MB-5A08C56A5CDD3E74 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.

t1392786474z1.png
[/QUOTE]

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-635AEE3A2A4B1CEB - Taken by kevin1025. 12 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-6D36FA6DE99B1A66 - Taken by tylergregg. 6 entrants total.

t1392767437z1.png

I'm doing a Ted Danson here. No-one took these, so I think anyone can take them now.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I also got a 25% off Broken Age coupon. It says Discount for Double Fine Loyalty so I'm guessing they sent them out to everyone who owns a Double Fine game? All I own is Brutal Legend but whatever. If anyone wants it (although it sounds like a bunch of people got it) let me know.

Pretty sure you get a coupon for every Double Fine game you own.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Good to see you back Grief :)

I'll also have to go against the crowd and say I enjoyed Rise Of The Triad quite a bit. The lack of budget shows but it's overall very much like the original and it's what I would call a remake more than a reimagining. It's pretty faithful in many ways and being a huge ROTT fan I enjoyed it because of that. It did ship in a pretty dodgy state but patches for optimisation and to add quick saving/loading have helped it no end. It was the teams first step into making a full game without going early access or kickstarter and I admit I can't help but admire them for that. I'm expecting great things from them in the future :)

And if you're reading this Dave, get that Duke Nukem Reloaded released pronto! I DEMAAAANDS IT!

Dambrosi

Banned
Pretty sure you get a coupon for every Double Fine game you own.
Yeah, so if you own Psychonauts, it counts.

I got 2 Double Fine coupons too, but I only just now remembered that I own Psychonauts and Brutal Legend. It's cool of them and all, but the coupons won't stack, and I have no interest in point-and-click games anyway.

I did get a 75% off Shadow Warrior coupon, though, so if Strider turns out crap, I guess that's getting bought instead.

kafiend

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Due to the odd nature of how the Moon Bundle gave out the keys, I'm mostly certain these will work right. Mostly.

ModBot said:
Instructions for KenOD:
Tell me TrashBot was only a fling, that I'm more important to you.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

BEEP -- MB-0242C228673920FD - Taken by tylergregg. 5 entrants total.
Foreign Legion: Buckets of Blood -- MB-348BD94E3F4B243F - Taken by bkw. 4 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-281DD08B42ADD50B - Taken by Myshkin. 13 entrants total.

t1392788274z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Good to see you back Grief :)

I'll also have to go against the crowd and say I enjoyed Rise Of The Triad quite a bit. The lack of budget shows but it's overall very much like the original and it's what I would call a remake more than a reimagining. It's pretty faithful in many ways and being a huge ROTT fan I enjoyed it because of that. It did ship in a pretty dodgy state but patches for optimisation and to add quick saving/loading have helped it no end. It was the teams first step into making a full game without going early access or kickstarter and I admit I can't help but admire them for that. I'm expecting great things from them in the future :)

And if you're reading this Dave, get that Duke Nukem Reloaded released pronto! I DEMAAAANDS IT!
I think the first episode starts strong but the game gets progressively more rough as it goes on. By the end it's more frustrating than fun.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It seems like they're only giving out Broken Age coupons though, so what's the point of giving people multiple coupons if they can only use one?

So you can give them to friends who have never bought a Double Fine game, giving them reason to buy one.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I bought Final Fantasy XIV on Steam, couldn't help myself.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's been long since a humble bundle featured so many games I didn't have

it's gonna pay itself in cards

it probably won't since the card values of these games will probably tank lol

it's been long since a humble bundle featured so many games I didn't have

it's gonna pay itself in cards

it probably won't since the card values of these games will probably tank lol

Half of the games have cards going for less than 10 cents already.

I just went back and checked after seeing stuff arrive, glancing at coupons and dismissing it as some promotion of some sort. Seems I got Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode One as well as the coupons.

I'll give the games away in here tomorrow.

Some people are claiming that it was an error and Valve will remove the games ;( I guess we'll find out soon enough. No big deal unless you start trading the games I guess.

jshackles

Let's be honest, having that sexy FF14 image in your games list is worth the $15 by itself.

True, and as a bonus I have a retail key that can be registered with Square for a new account + 30 days of game time. Might be able to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom