• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Decided to redeem my Interstellar Marines keys from Indie Gala and noticed i had a copy of Postal 1 Steam key from all the back from Indie Gala 2. Score!

Garcia

PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate is great. If only a liiiittle bit too slow for my taste (and for a tower defence game), but it compensates by having to pay constant attention to every single tower and all the upgrades required to succeed and perfect score each level.

It's really cool. :)

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I've been trying to avoid purchasing more games (I'm still at the point where I can probably hammer out my backlog in a year or two or nine), but that Humble Bundle...

Also welcome back Grief! Probably late on that, but oh well. I really ought to play some games, but I've been so busy. :(

Anteater

xiv is decent, got bored of it after the first month though, grinding second job wasn't very fun in the game and burned myself out once i got the second job to 50

I've reached 203 games on steam now, guess guacamelee was my 200th game.

Garcia

xiv is decent, got bored of it after the first month though, grinding second job wasn't very fun in the game and burned myself out once i got the second job to 50

I've reached 203 games on steam now, guess guacamelee was my 200th game.

Did you play WoW before FFXIV? Just wondering if you enjoyed one more than the other (I've never played either).

Anteater

Did you play WoW before FFXIV? Just wondering if you enjoyed one more than the other (I've never played any).

Yeah I've played WoW before but I didn't really like it.

XIV has a heavier focus on story missions so I kind of enjoyed my time with it a bit more, both games have a similar structure. Both games are more fun with friends and a guild.

I guess I just don't like "WoW clones"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
7 -25% Broken Age coupons, 2 -30% Aqua Kitty coupons, and a -75% coupon for both Rise of the Triad and Shadow Warrior. What a waste of digital trees, although I may buy Aqua Kitty next week.

Volimar

I just got Broken Age coupons :(

gqvRQAM.jpg

Garcia

Yeah I've played WoW before but I didn't really like it.

XIV has a heavier focus on story missions so I kind of enjoyed my time with it a bit more, both games have a similar structure. Both games are more fun with friends and a guild.

I guess I just don't like "WoW clones"

Fair enough.

A friend of mine switched from WoW to XIV a couple of months ago and I've seen him play some quests in the game. It definitely looks quite story oriented.

Anteater

Fair enough.

A friend of mine switched from WoW to XIV a couple of months ago and I've seen him play some quests in the game. It definitely looks quite story oriented.

yeah, the missions are a lot of fun, just sucks that you have to do a bunch of fillers inbetween each one :lol, guess that's just the nature of mmos.

EdmondD

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-7AFC08D167CEF99A
Dust:An Elysian Tale -- MB-5A08C56A5CDD3E74 - Taken by Ezalc. 1 entrants total.

t1392786474z1.png
The Swapper is still available. Awesome game. Hope there are no issues with keys its my first time using modbot.

zkylon

zkylewd
played a bit of giana's sisters

found it to be dreadfully bland

I didn't really give it too much of a choice but eh

this kind of game just isn't for me

Deques

Yeah, sure. Since you're offline I'll just send you a trade offer.

Thanks. Now to buy some kitty action

Edit: Hmm.. seems to be a bit too expensive, even with the coupon. Been buying too many games lately.
Is there any trader who sells with coupon applied?

Nabs

played a bit of giana's sisters

found it to be dreadfully bland

I didn't really give it too much of a choice but eh

this kind of game just isn't for me

It's not very good. It looks nice at times, but some of those levels just drag. Especially the boss fights.

EdmondD

Played some Antichamber. Very trippy and cool game. Nice style and aesthetic. Seems challenging but not too frustrating. It definitely tries to mess with your head. I'm enjoying it so far.

Knurek

It's not very good. It looks nice at times, but some of those levels just drag. Especially the boss fights.

It's an euro-platformer, and a pretty good one at that. We here have just different tastes - euroshmups are also widely hated by US players.

Man, the Ikaruga port is nice, 360 pad integration, Steam achievements (a lot of people will be happy with all of the ranked and 1cc stuff) and it still looks absolutely badass. Also I am completely terrible at it now, I remember being able to hit every enemy in the first section with ease, now I miss half the enemies and die on the first level boss.

Deques

Can anyone tell me why the new HB is worth buying? It can not convince me somehow although I like indie games.

Because it can make your library bigger and your backlogger bigger and you also feel bad since you have so many new games to play

Knurek

Euroshmups just stink. :(

Euro-whatever can be defined by:

a) amazing art assets and music
b) bad to middling level/encounter design
c) game being just too damn long for its own good
d) interesting game design quirks not really being used in an interesting way.

Sure, some people might hate it, but I dig them. Maybe just because I grew up playing them on Amiga, and it's nostalgia talking here, but yea... Give me more of euro-jank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom