• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec

I think I'm giving up on trying to play Angelica Weaver... runs at 1 fps, even through the start up logos.

Emailed support, they gave me a dropbox link to a naked .exe and it does the same thing. There are a few people with the same problem on the Steam forums for the game, but no fixes. They probably just gave up.

Tellaerin

Man, the Ikaruga port is nice, 360 pad integration, Steam achievements (a lot of people will be happy with all of the ranked and 1cc stuff) and it still looks absolutely badass. Also I am completely terrible at it now, I remember being able to hit every enemy in the first section with ease, now I miss half the enemies and die on the first level boss.

I hope we get Radiant Silvergun for the PC eventually. I love Treasure's output in general, but I never really got into Ikaruga like I did their other games. (The whole polarity-switching mechanic didn't do much for me, sadly.) The fact that it's a good port's promising, though. Maybe I ought to give the game another shot when/if it goes on sale - it's been years since I played it, so I might end up feeling differently about it now.

Accidentally took three Valium.

GAF, tell me what game to livestream.

How in the world does someone accidentally take three Valium? o_O

Arthea

I can't quite articulate why, but Hero of the Kingdom is rather awesome.

It grown on me, I didn't like it at start, and I'm definitely too blind for this game, some collectibles I plain can't see, so a lot of pixel hunting and frustration, but it still grown on me. I like slow pace, forgetting what quests still have to be done and even what exactly was I doing and what for I was fishing all those fishies, and why I have no money again. It has charm, that much I can say.

Oh gods, I want to buy and play Banished so badly.

Who doesn't?

Not quite yet, I'm still working my way through Amalur with some Titanfall/Loadout on the side.

So how's Amalur for you? Having fun?
also welcome back!

Tellaerin

I like slow pace, forgetting what quests still have to be done and even what exactly was I doing and what for I was fishing all those fishies, and why I have no money again.

Now I'm imagining a retirement home simulator.

I shouldn't joke. There's probably one sitting on a shelf in some German software shop, right next to that Oktoberfest simulator. >.>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jesus, steam just went "yo I hear you like coupons motherfucker" on my ass o_O

Ban Puncher

Guess I'll go buy Ikaruga...

You have recieved a Steam Gift of Ikaruga

ZoMX77k.gif

Arthea

Some thoughts why would you want this HB11

Guacamelee. It's funny, that's probably all you have to know. Would you like this kind of humour or not is another matter entirely.

Dust: An Elysian Tail. It truly is a good game, furies or no, don't believe haters. I even liked a main character and it's really fun to play. Also it's long, well, kinda long, so if you enjoy it, you have a lot of it. It has really fun combat, lost of stuff to do and collect besides combat and even a nice story.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. I see people say they don't like it. I think it's very charming platformer, granted it can be frustrating, no denying that, but which platformer isn't at times? I really like ideas in this game, switching between worlds on the run or jump, I like flying-sliding technique and it looks nice. What else to ask for?

The Swapper: We can totally see what's so good about this game, cloning based gameplay is interesting and fresh, I just wish a game wasn't that dark.

To make long story short, that's one great bundle and I think it has games that most people can enjoy, and not simply enjoy, really like.

Unfortunately for me I have all those games, still a great bundle

Guacamelee. It's funny, that's probably all you have to know. Would you like this kind of humour or not is another matter entirely.

I've read a lot about the memes and humour in the game and how it put a lot of people off. I must be the only person in the world who didn't notice any of it.

Overall a quality game. It gets a bit boring, but then it ends just in time so it is worth a play through (Dust unfortunately did not for me).

Arthea

Now I'm imagining a retirement home simulator.

I shouldn't joke. There's probably one sitting on a shelf in some German software shop, right next to that Oktoberfest simulator. >.>
your joke strangely is very close to how this game feels. (><)

I totally believe there is some sim in some German store like this, don't they have sims for everything? If not, they can always play Hero of the Kingdom (><)

Not really grabbing me that quickly, but I still want to play more.

Don't overdo sidequests and you should be fine.
I still haven't installed PC version, after whining I want it, for a year, how funny is that? (><)

I've read a lot about the memes and humour in the game and how it put a lot of people off. I must be the only person in the world who didn't notice any of it.

Overall a quality game. It gets a bit boring, but then it ends just in time so it is worth a play through (Dust unfortunately did not for me).

Even if you disregard humour, it has comedic feel. Don't you think?

That is all that needs to be said. The games speak for themselves and the value menu price they're sold at.

Ya, that's what I was trying to say, it really is very worth to buy bundle, one that I yesterday in this very thread called "too good to be true" ;)

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Had no luck winning Monaco from a giveaway here, so I am thinking of BTA to get it. Is the game good? I heard that it's co-op focused but the community is dead.

Speaking of, how come Surgeon Simulator isn't part of a series? There could be Dentist Simulator, Chiropractic Simulator, Etc.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Office Simulator where you sit in front of the computer all day staring at some random spreadsheet and checking the clock for 5PM.

yuraya

Some thoughts why would you want this HB11

The Swapper: We can totally see what's so good about this game, cloning based gameplay is interesting and fresh, I just wish a game wasn't that dark.

I actually hate when science fiction games don't have a dark tone to them. So I welcome the dark tone. The only thing I am confused about is that the achievements seem to be hidden in roman numerals? There is only 10 so I figured its a game I can perfect. So for those who played it..Should I look up the achievements online? are there major spoilers?

But yea the Swapper is really a good game. The soundtrack, tone, setting, and visuals all 10/10 :) Great bundle indeed.

Had no luck winning Monaco from a giveaway here, so I am thinking of BTA to get it. Is the game good? I heard that it's co-op focused but the community is dead.

You better do it man, the average is getting bigger each and every day. I give in @ around 4.18 usd and never looked back. Maybe its just me but during the time that I play there seems to be few players around.

Need help SteamGAF! I just purchased HB11 and I haven't played any of these (except Monaco) what are the best games in that bundle?

Even if you disregard humour, it has comedic feel. Don't you think?

It is light-hearted, but I don't think it goes close to defining the game. Instead I'll put it as a brawler with metroid like elements and some interesting challenge rooms.

Anything else is neither here nor there for me.

Deques

You better do it man, the average is getting bigger each and every day. I give in @ around 4.18 usd and never looked back. Maybe its just me but during the time that I play there seems to be few players around.

Need help SteamGAF! I just purchased HB11 and I haven't played any of these (except Monaco) what are the best games in that bundle?

Dust is the best!
Giana sisters is the worst.

I only played those though

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Thanks for the reply, guess I'm gonna BTA after all and hope that some great games like Gunpoint get added later.

As for your question, Guacamelee and The Swapper are probably the best games in the bundle. Haven't played the rest but I am pretty sure they are great as well

Tizoc

Yup got coupons for:
Rise of the Triad
Aqua Kitty
Broken Age

Anyone wanna trade them? I mean if I could give them away that'd be great but I don't think u can.

Darkroronoa

Oh man,i bought dust on winter sale and i was without internet for 1.5 month and it could not launch in offline mode :(
But from the little i managed to play it was worth the 3.5e i payed.This humble bundle is really great!

Dust is the best!
Giana sisters is the worst.
Yeah, I keep hearing that Dust game here on SteamGAF. Maybe I'll join the hype.
As for your question, Guacamelee and The Swapper are probably the best games in the bundle. Haven't played the rest but I am pretty sure they are great as well

Guacamelee looks like a platformer. I am honestly tired of playing them after going through four games like that without breaks. Swapper looks interesting, maybe after Dust.

Arthea

I actually hate when science fiction games don't have a dark tone to them. So I welcome the dark tone. The only thing I am confused about is that the achievements seem to be hidden in roman numerals? There is only 10 so I figured its a game I can perfect. So for those who played it..Should I look up the achievements online? are there major spoilers?

But yea the Swapper is really a good game. The soundtrack, tone, setting, and visuals all 10/10 :) Great bundle indeed.

Oh, I can perfectly understand that, but like most people with not particularly good eyesight (to put it mildly), I really can't play dark games for any longer periods of time, my eyes get too tired, and I don't talk about atmosphere there, just about real darkness, literally.

It is light-hearted, but I don't think it goes close to defining the game. Instead I'll put it as a brawler with metroid like elements and some interesting challenge rooms.

Anything else is neither here nor there for me.

If you don't mind me asking, do you like Giana Sisters games? I remember you being into platformers and I was curious. I can't be only one seeing all the good things in those games.

I got a broken age coupon if anyone wants it.

you guys do it on purpose, don't you?
now, when I have the game, there are like 3 coupons in this thread, and there were none when I needed them!

GamersGate's new Daily is 75% off Citadels ($10).

Not sure if want. :p

you got my gamersgate morning moment! oh well, I was too busy talking about them, games (><)

oh, c'mon, like we believe it

Garcia

For those who get the chance I highly recommend playing Guacamelee in Co-op mode. I guarantee you'll have a wonderful time. For me it was the best couch co-op experience I've had in years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks. Now to buy some kitty action

Edit: Hmm.. seems to be a bit too expensive, even with the coupon. Been buying too many games lately.
Is there any trader who sells with coupon applied?

Just give a trader your coupon if need be.

Grief.exe

For those who get the chance I highly recommend playing Guacamelee in Co-op mode. I guarantee you'll have a wonderful time. For me it was the best couch co-op experience I've had in years.

Awesome, I've been trying to find time to sit down with my girlfriend for a while with Guac.

She would really enjoy the humor and the co-op sounds like a great addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom