• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1
It should work for everything that's above 10 € (£10) in price, not if less

GMG has, in recent months, backtracked somewhat from allowing general discount codes to stack on top of pre-existing discounts; for example, OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1 works on the Lego and Telltale bundles but not the Best of Squeenix Pack.

Arthea

GMG has, in recent months, backtracked somewhat from allowing general discount codes to stack on top of pre-existing discounts; for example, OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1 works on the Lego and Telltale bundles but not the Best of Squeenix Pack.
really? It's a pity
I like codes that worked on everything and had no minimal price attached to them.

I would have bought Injustice last week if the code stacked. Your loss, GMG!

To be fair, they had odd exclusions of some games before too, but I hoped it won't become a rule.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Hey, assuming your generous give away was from the humble bundle, how did you get steam keys from the humble store? I only get the option to redeem them directly by linking to my account :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey, how did you get steam keys from the humble store? I only get the option to redeem them directly by linking to my account :(

Click the small present icon. This will replace the redemption link with a gift link that you can use with ModBot.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Bundle Giveaway! Games are great!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-8BD5B0AB3F3D5484 - Taken by v0rtikal
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-BC4B0B7A127C37B2 - Taken by nightstorm
Giana Sisters -- MB-802937D56C00ACE0 - Taken by topyy
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-CC77B4961A905B56 - Taken by Shalashaska

NIN90

Steam community forums for titles that don't have a visible release countdown are always hilarious. People get so pissed when they realize they can't play their game at midnight.

5 hours from now.

download.jpg

EXCITED

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twister Dreams -- MB-2ED826745D2A1062 - Taken by v0rtikal. 2 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tale -- MB-019504709405455B - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.

t1392816580z1.png

Arthea

Speaking of, if someone wants to try before buy and owns a PS3/4 there's a demo for them available now.

but that's so much hassle, to switch on PS3, make place and download demo (my HDD is full and dll speed is horrible from PSN), then play, remove it, to make some place again.
It seems so much simpler and fun when you guys play it and then hype it or hate it.
I will buy it anyways, just not now

So the devs are giving Motor Rock away for free now - sorry, Rockin' Roll Racing 3D.

wait what?

derExperte

but that's so much hassle, to switch on PS3, make place and download demo (my HDD is full and dll speed is horrible from PSN), then play, remove it, to make some place again.
It seems so much simpler and fun when you guys play it and then hype it or hate it.
I will buy it anyways, just not now

Doesn't help that the demo is 4GB large. But it's a good way to get the dust out of my PS3 and I really can't decide if I want to preorder, reviews are good but not good enough.

Arthea

Chronoja

Are the foil badges worth crafting? I got a foil card from Civ 5 (my first) and just wondered.

Normal badges aren't even worth crafting, unless you reeaaaaaly want those extra +5 friend slots. (though the % chance increase in booster pack drops every 10 levels could marginally increase profit)

Arthea

Normal badges aren't even worth crafting, unless you reeaaaaaly want those extra +5 friend slots. (though the % chance increase in booster pack drops every 10 levels could marginally increase profit)

except all cool kids have nice badges to show off

I just had to (><)

Also don't dismiss those extra friends slots, these are nice to have, in case needed.

You also get an extra showcase for every 10 levels. You need at least one showcase to show off your rare games :)

and badges, that makes 2, and your favourite game, that makes 3, and your awesome items - 4 and your favourite gaf group - 5 and
OK, I'll stop now (><)

Deques

You also get an extra showcase for every 10 levels. You need at least one showcase to show off your rare games :)

I've been playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist for a few hours, game is pretty decent, Uplay sucks as usual. One thing I don't understand is swapping out Ironside, the facial animation doesn't look like the product of motion capture, looks meh.

Probably helps that i'm playing it during the day without headphones but I'm storming through Penumbra.

I'd argue that there are a few moments in the game that unfortunately take away some of the fear surrounding the enemies.

Ban Puncher

Oh shit son it's another fucking...

PREY STEAM KEY GIVEAWAY WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT

header.jpg

Another day passes, another Prey key finds a loving home.

And the winner is....

foVu4E5.png

Congratulations XANDER CAGE!

Look at this. Just look at it. That is some motherfucking MS Paint right there. Nary a straight line, black & white and ballin' all free hand with artistic flair. PM me and I will send you your Prey key to redeem on Steam.

Thumbs up to all the other entrants, there was some tip top stuff on show this time round. As always thanks go out to everyone and anyone involved. You lot make it worth doing these giveaways. Hope everyone had a ruddy good time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom