• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Probably helps that i'm playing it during the day without headphones but I'm storming through Penumbra.

I'd argue that there are a few moments in the game that unfortunately take away some of the fear surrounding the enemies.

I've been putting off the second game forever because of the no-weapon to defend yourself set up. I almost want to skip to the final game which has no enemies at all apparently.

Lunaniem

Yeah, apparently they tried to get Blizzard to sign off on re-releasing it on Steam as a F2P game but failed:

The devs are distributing it for free via their own site, not Steam, so your spare wasn't in any danger of having its value reduced.

Are they allowed to generate Steam keys even though it was taken down for copyright infringement? Could send them an email in Russian. :c

I've been putting off the second game forever because of the no-weapon to defend yourself set up. I almost want to skip to the final game which has no enemies at all apparently.

Aha! It's pretty damn scary.

I didn't play the first one, so not sure I'm really getting the most out of the plot but it's really well made nonetheless.

I love the computer terminals.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are they allowed to generate Steam keys even though it was taken down for copyright infringement? Could send them an email in Russian. :c

That'd still fall under the umbrella of distribution via Steam so I wouldn't think so.

JakeD

do you ever wonder how many games are sitting in your library, just waiting to give you this error in 2017 when you actually try to play them?

gY1jhGR.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
do you ever wonder how many games are sitting in your library, just waiting to give you this error in 2017 when you actually try to play them?

gY1jhGR.png

Steam is just trying to protect you from the nasty gateway drug that is :weed:.

Arthea

PR3.pic

Why would you say this, that's scary. I have plan to install some games in 2020 and beyond too.

The first Penumbra has a pretty clunky and frustrating first hour or two. The second game is where it really becomes hits it's stride. The third is still good, even without enemies. It has good world building, and story closure. It's not as scary or anything, but still a good game.

JakeD

Steam is just trying to protect you from the nasty gateway drug that is :weed:.

of course, i was only booting it up to idle for cards. but now that i *can't* play, i want to actually try it out

Hexcells key up in The Vapor Trail Bundle

The first Penumbra has a pretty clunky and frustrating first hour or two. The second game is where it really becomes hits it's stride. The third is still good, even without enemies. It has good world building, and story closure. It's not as scary or anything, but still a good game.

That sounds really good actually.

Edit: Penumbra Black Plague finished - great game.

Kind of annoyed at myself for looking up some of the puzzle solutions. I'd also recommend playing on a hard difficulty to keep up the tension and terror.

JakeD

Wait, what is going on here? This is terrifying

it usually happens in big sales, when steam sells more than a publisher expects. it happened on a recent big star wars sale, and kingdoms of amalur. why it's happening with port royale 3, i have no idea.

IndieGala the Capsule Computer bundle

Pay $1 to get:
Dracula 4 Shadow Of The Dragon [GOG.com]
Always Remember Me [Desura]
Raiden Legacy The Return [Desura]
Hero of the Kingdom [Steam]

3.99 (later 5.99)
Dysfunctional Systems Learning to Manage Chaos [Steam]
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart [Steam]
Hero Siege [Steam]
Dead Sky [Steam]
3 Bonus

nexen

it usually happens in big sales, when steam sells more than a publisher expects. it happened on a recent big star wars sale, and kingdoms of amalur. why it's happening with port royale 3, i have no idea.

Yeah the sale part I get. That is usually a temporary thing. But a game I already own but have never installed suddenly becoming unplayable is a new wrinkle to me. I mean, outside of GFWL shenanigans.

image.php

Holy shit, Grief is back! Yay!

Lunaniem

This probably hasn't been posted...

Indie Gala - Capsule Computers Bundle

$1 Minimum-
Dracula 4 Shadow of the dragon
Always Remember me
Raiden Legacy The return
Hero of the kingdom ( Steam )

BTA-
Dysfunctional Systems Learning to manage chaos(steam)
Nightmares from the deep the cursed heart (steam)
Hero siege (Steam)
Dead Sky (Steam)
Hidden game #1(Steam)
Hidden game #2(Steam)
Hidden game #3(Steam)

For the first 12 Hours Pay more than $3.99 instead of $5.99 to BTA.

I was almost going to buy Hero Siege last week, that's a good BTA.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Always Remember Me -- MB-4593FC3FB4581557 - Taken by Stumpokapow
Hero Of The Kingdom -- MB-8041C71959679B0A - Taken by Knurek
Raiden The Legacy Return -- MB-ED36A4F4CFBF512D - Taken by tylergregg

Always Remember Me and Raiden are Desura Keys. Hero of the Kingdom is a Steam key.

JakeD

Yeah the sale part I get. That is usually a temporary thing. But a game I already own but have never installed suddenly becoming unplayable is a new wrinkle to me. I mean, outside of GFWL shenanigans.

i think the key activation is a one time thing, and it's (hopefully) permanently tied to your steam account once activated. but obviously that doesnt work if you've never attempted to play the game before. i guess all you can do is appreciate GOG and Humble's DRM free copies (and to a lesser extent Steamworks only games)

id be a lot more angry if PR3 hadn't been a bundle purchase for me

Raiden desura key - 048KM-3262T-1WXNG-I6ZN6-CWENH

derExperte

i think the key activation is a one time thing, and it's (hopefully) permanently tied to your steam account once activated. but obviously that doesnt work if you've never attempted to play the game before. i guess all you can do is appreciate GOG and Humble's DRM free copies (and to a lesser extent Steamworks only games)

id be a lot more angry if PR3 hadn't been a bundle purchase for me

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205610/discussions/0/540733524315943655/#c540734168207031363

MW2 and MW3 are about to go Steamplay by the way.

Black Ops 1 too?

StAidan

All these bundles, they don't stop. I don't even know how many games I've acquired in the past month.

I want Hero of the Kingdom but I'm also tired of spending money. OTOH, it's just $1.

Jawmuncher

I wonder if they "reboot" it. They didnt call it DOOM 4. Also is ID still making it? Carmack left, how much are left that have been there for a while?

Yeah id is still making it.
Not sure what old school doom devs are still there though. Does look like they are rebooting it. Can't exactly blame them for doing so. Doom 3 was a success but it's been so long since that game (not counting BFG Edition). That perhaps starting fresh is a good thing. Personally I just want them to keep Mars, Demons, and somehow mix gameplay of 3 and the originals. Since Doom 3 honestly was a lot like old doom they just need to fix the lighting (Not everything needs to be dark and require the flash light), More Exploration, and mix in being tense while still having some kick ass moments.

19Kilo

Hasn't been nearly enough giveaways lately...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (19Kilo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-30CAB7152F5CBA7F - Taken by Mleugie. 1 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-21315EC6D8D8905F - Taken by Smurf Yetti. 1 entrants total.

t1392829766z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Titan Quest -- MB-A0FC6641D1E474A1 - Taken by Blue Ninja. 9 entrants total.
Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC -- MB-1D7286779BE4AF61 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 2 entrants total.
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- MB-CB65AC0698454DDC - Taken by Garcia. 10 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-46C843D4403287DC - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-9378C6215EE1624C - Taken by Cth. 13 entrants total.
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising -- MB-05A376148AA4E160 - Taken by zeroOman. 4 entrants total.

t1392839621z1.png

some oldies

99% they are unused

and modbot lies. The image shows dawn of war 2 when it's for dawn of war 1

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Dracula 4 -- MB-4082FDBB0E610CF2 - Taken by VikasNarula

GOG code.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Raiden Legacy The Return (Desura) -- MB-59AED0DA8878E45D - Taken by didamangi. 3 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-FBE313DE0E04A6EB - Taken by Ingueferroque. 18 entrants total.
Dysfunctional Systems Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-F03FFFAA70F72C9D - Taken by MMBosstones86. 11 entrants total.
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-1FA5E23AEAD2E7D4 - Taken by fspm. 16 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-FF63C2546418E02C - Taken by drakaenae. 15 entrants total.
Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-559B007610CE493F - Taken by KenOD. 13 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-B1B18C3C4256A016 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-6939B33A623C8367 - Taken by tmarques. 4 entrants total.

t1392839711z1.png

I played through Nightmares from the Deep last sunday, I start to like these Hidden Object Adventure games, there kind of fun... or I'm just getting old :p

Jawmuncher

I really hope Indiegala manages to do a GOG bundle at some point with just classic games. I would be all over that in a heart beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom