• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Release Date: Mar 19, 2014 http://store.steampowered.com/app/245550/

The Free to Play Competitor's Pack will also be available for purchase on Steam and the Dota 2 Store on March 19th, 2014. 25% of the sales will be distributed to the players featured in the film as well as the contributors. The Free to Play Pack will include the following:

Item_sets_promo.png

- Fear's Sven Set - Created by Jeremy Klein, Ziedrich
- hyhy's Doom Set - Created by Vermillion Wlad
- Dendi’s Pudge Set – Created by Danidem, Bronto ϟ Thunder
- Free to Play Wards – Created by Valve
- Free to Play HUD – Created by Valve
- Free to Play Courier – Created by Valve

Branson

So when are the games like Red faction:G and Dark Souls getting the patch to remove GFWL? I don't want to start getting more into those games because of it corrupting those saves after the patch.

JakeD

I may create a button and place it on your profile or in the Enhanced Steam options like "Resync your library with Steam" that you can press manually to perform this function, and it would tell your new game count and any added or removed games.

this would be very cool. i understand that it would have to be something that required the user to manually initiate though

natertots

Don't worry; all the free/obscenely cheap games will make you feel better :).

Until you have an utterly overwhelming 'backlog' and want to punch yourself in the face for being so greedy :/.

Enjoy! :D

I've bought so many games over the past week I have no idea to even tackle them. I plan on buying way to many this week as well. That's half the fun, though. I do wish I would have built one sooner. I've been missing out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Valve was working on this when I visited their headquarters and from what I saw of it, it looked like a pretty good film. Also it'll be nice to see more movies on Steam. It even followed Indie Game: The Movie's lead and has Steam achievements!

Valve was working on this when I visited their headquarters and from what I saw of it, it looked like a pretty good film. Also it'll be nice to see more movies on Steam. It even followed Indie Game: The Movie's lead and has Steam achievements!

Its going to be *ahem* free-to-watch right?

MRORANGE

The Free to Play Competitor's Pack will also be available for purchase on Steam and the Dota 2 Store on March 19th, 2014. 25% of the sales will be distributed to the players featured in the film as well as the contributors. The Free to Play Pack will include the following:

Item_sets_promo.png

Thread worthy.

It gets much better from there.

Yeah, the desert is already a lot better than that previous section.

Weird potential performance issues though....running it at native res with v-sync and FRAPS tells me it's 60fps.

However, it feels like there's a bit of input lag. Funnily enough, it actually went super fast feeling (too fast almost) for a bit. I've also had times where there's a bit of tearing with the fraps counter telling me it's rapidly changing between 59/60.

Hmm.

I'M SORRY :[

Item_sets_promo.png

wowie.

I expect that pack to be like 20 bucks, if not 35.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Its going to be *ahem* free-to-watch right?

Yes, the movie will be free.

Though it also lists "Steam Trading Cards" as a feature, so I wonder how that will work.

Sullichin

So when are the games like Red faction:G and Dark Souls getting the patch to remove GFWL? I don't want to start getting more into those games because of it corrupting those saves after the patch.

We don't know. But, someone has already made a mod that strips out the GFWL headers from Dark Souls saves. No guarantee they'll work with whatever update will come/won't come after GFWL removal though.

Did Valve cull these tags as well? Or is this a result of developer meddling?

I'm leaning towards the latter, as something such as 'Choke on it' is not even listed on the Fez store page anymore.

mab6Rxz.jpg

I think they only show the more prominent entries on the store page, which is probably the top 3-4 per game. If you click, you'll get more. I guess the hope would be the 'cream rises to the top' for these tags as more people tag with relevant tags, but when you open the list to see the rest....well, the OTHER stuff is there as well.

That too.

jshackles

Probably like a f2p game, you only get cards after buying that "Competitor's Pack".

Probably so, but the "Competitor's Pack" will be DLC for DOTA2, not "Free to Play" (the movie). So it would be quite different than other F2P games that have cards. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Garcia

This is weird. Cheat Engine's Speed Hack doesn't seem to work for PIxelJunk Monsters. . . It is the first time I've encountered this issue. The rare times I use CE are specifically for that feature (and before anyone calls me a cheater, I speed hack games that require repetitive tasks which take long periods of time to perform like Don't Starve's night transitions, Dark Souls' Anor Londo bonfire to archers trip, etc. . . ).

Again, first time I ran into this problem.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Oh gods, I want to buy and play Banished so badly.

The game is awesome if you like city builders with a bit of strategy involved. It's relatively bug free, runs fast with low specs, looks great, has good music, and is incredibly addicting in that Civilization "one more turn" way. It's also challenging, Banished is a roguelike city builder, one good misstep and people start dying left and right, sometimes a real good mistake can leave you with a deserted, empty ghost town if you aren't careful.

I'm impressed that it's topped the best seller charts on Steam though, didn't expect it to sell that great right out of the gate.

Prodigal

Banned
If I were to buy a Steam game from a site that says it's "for Mac", it'd still work on my PC right? As long as there exists both versions of the game, I'm pretty sure it'd work...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quake Live's registry listing was updated a couple of hours ago.

If I were to buy a Steam game from a site that says it's "for Mac", it'd still work on my PC right? As long as there exists both versions of the game, I'm pretty sure it'd work...

Black Ops is the only non-SteamPlay Mac game on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom