• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plague Inc: Evolved is coming to Steam Early Access tomorrow. Seems like another game ready to have the "overpriced port of a mobile game" tag applied to it.

I really like the mobile game though, so I'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale.

It has MP... sounds awesome.
And this:
I will be releasing a brand new trailer for Plague Inc: Evolved shortly – fans of Half Life may recognise the doctor in it…

HL3 incoming

Relax.MX

Finally made it to Olmec for the first time after 50 or so hours. So many bombs, much jetpack, wow. I got so close but he stunned me and then I was a pancake.

Can I sticky bomb him directly or do I have to drop him in the lava? I tried to get him in the lava, maybe 3 layers away from it too.

On Hell?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It has MP... sounds awesome.
And this:

HL3 incoming

And this:

174-h650.jpeg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If the first game they put up is XIII I would still buy it.

Same. I wish the new HD Remaster of Final Fantasy X was on PC / Steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It does work theoretically, it just expects a character-for-character exact match and that can be difficult to achieve if the original key had URL tags or the nuke PM adds URL tags or there's any punctuation confusion. It works poorly, in other words :p

Ah. ;)

So, Square Enix is considering bringing more games in the Final Fantasy series to PC.

If they end up porting or re-releasing IX, I'll buy immediately. Hell 7, 8, 11, and 14 are the only ones on PC right now. Re-release any of the others on Steam and I'll buy again.

The problem with IX is that it's PSX-exclusive. I wouldn't expect Squeenix to make the effort porting something that isn't on the Xbox/X360/X1/PS4.

C4rter

Here we go:

ModBot said:
Thanks to the user corrosivefrost I came across another Gianna Sisters Key because I attended multiple Giveaways and won two instead of none as usual. So here is the spare key now.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gianna Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-A59A0FCA6A00197C - Taken by VikasNarula

VoidZero

Banned
Finally made it to Olmec for the first time after 50 or so hours. So many bombs, much jetpack, wow. I got so close but he stunned me and then I was a pancake.

Can I sticky bomb him directly or do I have to drop him in the lava? I tried to get him in the lava, maybe 3 layers away from it too.

You have to drop him in the lava. Try to get him all the way to the right or left, and then bomb your way down to the lava on the opposite side, without falling. Then bring him over to his death.

FloatOn

Despite what happens today, life is good because I got seath's tail yesterday during a particularly awesome jolly co-op session with a bro.

dat moonlight great sword

Deques

So, Square Enix is considering bringing more games in the Final Fantasy series to PC.

If they end up porting or re-releasing IX, I'll buy immediately. Hell 7, 8, 11, and 14 are the only ones on PC right now. Re-release any of the others on Steam and I'll buy again.

I'd like to see more than XIII released on PC. Especially IX, X, XII :D

Another new bundle, haven't heard them before though. All Steam keys.
https://www.paywuw.com/

For $1 miniumum
  • Takedown: Red Sabre
  • Marlow Briggs
  • Rekoil
For $5 you also get
  • Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons

Nice bundle :D

jshackles

Thought this was an interesting article over at Polygon. I had thought about setting up a Steam account for my son and loading it with duplicate game keys, then eventually gift it to him when he is older. He is only 5 right now and I mostly have his gaming experience silo-ed to the xBox. But an interesting topic overall:

When your Steam account becomes a family heirloom

Pretty good article. Both my daughter (16) and son (13) have had their own Steam accounts for about 2 years now. Sometimes I pass along bundle extras, sometimes they want a particular game and I'll gift it to them on Steam for their birthday / Christmas / whatever. Steam Family Sharing has helped, since they can now play games from my account when I'm not using it.

I know full well that they'll take these games with them digitally when they move out and go to college (my daughter will be a senior in high school next year, damn I feel old!) and I believe I've instilled a love of video games in them that will likely be passed on to my grandchildren and perhaps generations following.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm new to the PC market but are EA games exclusive to Origin or can they be redeemed on Steam?

Exclusive to Origin, though some older titles need to be added to your account manually by a CSR. The only exceptions to this rule are the Steam keys that were offered during EA's Humble Bundle.

Edit: I was referring to EA's own games in particular. As Casimir says later in the thread, for externally-developed titles published through EA Partners it's possible for Steam keys to be made available, such as with Kingdoms of Amalur.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up and I see Marlow Briggs for 1 buck? sweet jesus

A little something. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Sky -- MB-A3526BEF73C044BF - Taken by Mavromatis
Dysfunctional Systems Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-4CB71BED3583F216 - Taken by VikasNarula

textonly

Neo Member
I think they are an Italian firm called Game Service. Couldn't find a website for them.
It happens that
505 Games S.r.l. publishes video games for personal computers and consoles. 505 Games S.r.l. was formerly known as DB International S.r.l. The company is based in Milan, Italy. 505 Games S.r.l. operates as a subsidiary of Digital Bros SpA.
Could be a connection, still need more solid proof though.
it is reselling keys. not involve with dev.
Any source?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Takedown Red Sabre gives you a gift copy when you activate it

edit: is dead sky in a bundle?

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-8EFB95E9D7ADCDA1
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-B99DBA05CCF623AF

t1392851095z1.png

Just reposting for the last few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom