• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Black Ops is the only non-SteamPlay Mac game on Steam.

Funny how that is literally the only exception to the rule.

At least Activision is changing their ways with MW2 and MW3 getting converted to Steamplay.

Antitrop telling me I need to replay MW1 for the campaign is tempting me to pick it up, would seal the deal if the game had achievements.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dead Sky -- MB-AE69BB9E15485D67 - Taken by zeroOman
Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart -- MB-AEA0B0E1F66823E0 - Taken by KenOD
Hero Siege -- MB-7415F99CEDD4A999 - Taken by nexen
Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 Collector's Edition Upgrade DLC -- MB-BF35F3C7309288A9
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-D66E47C1F16783BC - Taken by Mavromatis
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-BC6F34706B7787E8 - Taken by derExperte

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's uh...unimpressive :/

Yeah, greenlit titles have continued to get worse and worse.

Nice to see Battlepillars greenlit, as people in the official group will get the game for free once it's released (hope you all joined before today!). Also Millinium has been in about a thousand bundles, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle bundle keys since "(The whole series)" is being released and most bundles only had 1 or 2 games.

r3n4ud

Yeah, greenlit titles have continued to get worse and worse.

Also Millinium has been in about a thousand bundles, but it'll be interesting to see how they handle bundle keys since "(The whole series)" is being released and most bundles only had 1 or 2 games.

Same issue Cognition had...

Ultimate General: Gettsyburg Greenlit! Among others
637x358.resizedimage
http://steamcommunity.com//sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=228033300

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks for the game JaseC.

ARC Squadron looks like a good enough improvement over it's mobile version that I may pick it up.
Battlepillars was a fun demo last I played for a simple strategy game, but I'm getting the Steam key for free, so not much loss there if it's bad.
Cinders as far as Visual Novels go looks okay. My girlfriend wants it at least and anything to test out Family Sharing.
Circuits is SpaceChem if they used music instead of the table of elements.
Daina: The Herbarium is a beautiful looking game art style wise, just about all hand drawn they say, and will be good to play with my daughter.
Danmaku Unlimited 2 was a fun indie shoot-em-up on mobile and will be even better on Steam.
Galactic Princess is another I might get just for it's sprite artwork.
The Last Cargo is a horror game that I've heard a lot of praise for, as well as it's handling of religion, so that's worth a look.
Pulse Shift is a puzzle platformer full of good ideas, though somewhat lacking in execution. Still, worth it to just try something along it's lines, hoping for a better future.
Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge, already talked about it before, but I like it in the retro Amiga, ZX Spectrum, SEGA Master System style action platformer shooter with enemies constantly respawning. It's not great, but I had fun beating it on Desura.

Out of interest, what thread is used for posting PC deals?

This thread gets the most news, such as Uplay, SquareEnix, SEGA Store, Windows Store, Amazon, GMG, etc due to people noticing things on http://isthereanydeal.com/#/ or through a feature on Enhanced Steam.

Occasional big sales get their own threads, such as an Amazon Winter Sale.

I've bought so many games over the past week I have no idea to even tackle them. I plan on buying way to many this week as well. That's half the fun, though. I do wish I would have built one sooner. I've been missing out.

Heh, I know that feel :). I've only had this gaming capable pc for less than a year and I'm just over 200 games in my Steam Library now. However, I've now got over my initial enthusiasm at adding games for nothing or almost nothing and have been very circumpsect with the last 2 sales and where bundles are concerned too. I'm trying not to add games to my backlog but it can be a very hard resolution to stick to sometimes. It's not helped by becoming utterly obsessed with XCOM EU until I manage to complete Classic Ironman! :mad:

Enjoy the honeymoon period! :)

C4rter

I'm unable to nuke a key via modbot. I attended three giveaways for Gianna Sisters yesterday and won two of them. I checked with the owner of the key that I can give away the key on my own but I'm unable to nuke the key.

I'm following the instructions, naming the title of the message "nuke these keys" and the content is: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=abcdefghijk123456

When I want to give it away later on I'm still receiving the message:
Error: The key you tried to add for Gianna Sisters Twisted Dreams failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Ezalc

Kind of late on this due to me having a stomach virus but thank you EdmondD for Dust. Nice name btw, reminds me of The Count of Monte Cristo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm unable to nuke a key via modbot. I attended three giveaways for Gianna Sisters yesterday and won two of them. I checked with the owner of the key that I can give away the key on my own but I'm unable to nuke the key.

I'm following the instructions, naming the title of the message "nuke these keys" and the content is: https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=abcdefghijk123456

Error: The key you tried to add for Gianna Sisters Twisted Dreams failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

I ran into the same issue last year. For whatever reason the nuke command doesn't work on URLs; Stump needs to do it manually.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Yeah nuking URLs is tricky, sorry, I meant to try to fix that up but I haven't yet.

If you want to give the key away again, just append & to the URL in the new giveaway:
IE http://www.humble.butt/key.cgi?donkey=kong -> http://www.humble.butt/key.cgi?donkey=kong&

That'll get it past the dupe filter.

I ran into the same issue last year. For whatever reason the nuke command doesn't work on URLs; Stump needs to do it manually.

It does work theoretically, it just expects a character-for-character exact match and that can be difficult to achieve if the original key had URL tags or the nuke PM adds URL tags or there's any punctuation confusion. It works poorly, in other words :p

Finally made it to Olmec for the first time after 50 or so hours. So many bombs, much jetpack, wow. I got so close but he stunned me and then I was a pancake.

Can I sticky bomb him directly or do I have to drop him in the lava? I tried to get him in the lava, maybe 3 layers away from it too.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Plague Inc: Evolved is coming to Steam Early Access tomorrow. Seems like another game ready to have the "overpriced port of a mobile game" tag applied to it.

I really like the mobile game though, so I'll probably pick this up when it goes on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom