• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

I didn't like it. But maybe you will...
ModBot said:
Instructions for nexen:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Vox -- MB-B4C710242FB3DF7A - Taken by arts&crafts

Arthea

someone, talk me out of downloading Ghosts, please.

edited:
those of you who still haven't Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, can remedy that now. It's such a nice and original game.
edit 2: not uplay too!

i8PnsL6JKDCT8.gif

Terra_Ex

Bunch of crappy Ubisoft deals as expected, barely worth entering the 35% discounts into the system, especially since many of these have been 75% off previously. Still waiting for 75% off on the Catz game. Assuming Anno still has that triple DRM scheme I'll have to pass on that once again.

Turfster

... Do people really not get that the Ubi discounts will change every day, and that this is just the first day, the Might & Magic day, with everything except the latest entries 75% off?
We'll definitely get an Assassin's creed day, and probably a Tom Clancy day and a POP day, with the spares discounted further like Anno is now.
In other words: Wait for the dailies

Now's a good time to buy Dark Messiah of Might and Magic! http://store.steampowered.com/app/2100/
It's a really cool game and now it's only $2.50.

Was Orion Dino in a bundle before? I feel like I have seen it before.

Isn't that one of those games that changed its name to dodge bad reviews? It used to be called Orion: Dino Beatdown and changed to Orion: Dino Horde - or maybe the opposite.

I'm certain it was in a bundle before.. not sure which one, though.

Pachimari

Bunch of crappy Ubisoft deals as expected, barely worth entering the 35% discounts into the system, especially since many of these have been 75% off previously. Still waiting for 75% off on the Catz game. Assuming Anno still has that triple DRM scheme I'll have to pass on that once again.

Can someone enlighten me?

I'm gonna buy Rainbow Six 3: Gold at -35% I think.

An-Det

The Ubisoft sale is neat, I just wish they'd explicitly highlight (or even move to the top) the games that are currently the daily deal. I shouldn't have to scroll through the page and guess that today is Might and Magic day.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bad Hotel -- MB-BFBF1D506AB0D040 - Taken by Sullichin. 9 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-EB7A9C901531EF07 - Taken by koma. 1 entrants total.
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-7EEF4B8EB4C2177B - Taken by Aitor. 7 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-7DC7CE404851D7F9 - Taken by Shalashaska. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-A4A27F132B93BB5D - Taken by DJ Crimson. 2 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-BF66E3897EB49ABE - Taken by RawrDuy. 8 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-88A33617D235C258 - Taken by jmizzal. 2 entrants total.

Go at it.
t1392921792z1.png

Arthea

Between Heroes of Might and Magic 5 and 6, which is the better game?

I've only played 3 and want to try one of the newer ones.

5 was considered worst in series until people had shitload of uplay related problems with 6th. That's the reason I still haven't played 6th inspite of owning it for a long time. I really hope they fixed it during that time.

and if you don't have it, buy Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes!

Dolor

Is Anno 2070 worth it?

I have never played an Anno game, but it being a future-building game has caught my interest.

Any Anno impressions? debating whether or not to pick it up

I tried it for about an hour earlier this week (picked it up at holiday sale), and I can't say I was that impressed with it. It appears to be a combination of a city-sim with some RTS elements, but none were done amazingly well.

Probably need to put more time into it, but it definitely didn't grab me.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It does kinda suck that 35% is the base discount for everything. We know it'll be IP-specific sales per day of the weekend, but what about the individual things like Beyond Good & Evil, Petz 2: Electric Boogaloo or Cold Fear? Those are some $2.50 impulse buy tier insta-purchases, Ubi! GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Quick Question:
If I have one of my Steam-libraries on an external USB3 HDD, can I use that on two computers?
Or do every computer need to have a separate Steam-library?

Would be simple and easy when traveling to just grab the HDD and connect it to my laptop.

You can copy your library to your external to bypass needing to download everything again, but it's going to be a little inelegant:

- On your external, create a "games" folder and within it create a "steamapps" folder
- Copy your Steam\steamapps\common folder into the steamapps folder you just created
- When using Steam on another system with your external plugged in, click Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Add Library Folder and select the "games" folder on your external
- Install any games you wish; provided the installations that you copied to your external are up-to-date, Steam should simply discover the existing data and not actually download anything

Pachimari

I tried it for about an hour earlier this week (picked it up at holiday sale), and I can't say I was that impressed with it. It appears to be a combination of a city-sim with some RTS elements, but none were done amazingly well.

Probably need to put more time into it, but it definitely didn't grab me.

enhanced steam lists Tages & Uplay. Adding Steam to the mix gives you 3 separate drm schemes, assuming they are all still in place.

Okay thanks.

I'll just skip this deal. :)

Turfster

It does kinda suck that 35% is the base discount for everything. We know it'll be IP-specific sales per day of the weekend, but what about the individual things like Beyond Good & Evil, Petz 2: Electric Boogaloo or Cold Fear? Those are some $2.50 impulse buy tier insta-purchases, Ubi! GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME

Anno and Trials (and Rocksmith) aren't Might & Magic games, but they're on sale today, so relax. I'm sure we'll get at least BG&E on one of the days.

Damn good timing on the sale. Finally getting into Assassins Creed 2(ran like shit on all my AMD setups) and have been looking for cheap Brotherhood and maybe Revelations.

nexen

I've been waiting for a decent price on the Blazing Angels series for-fucking-ever.
I'm going to cave and buy them at $5 or $6 one day, I just know it.

Anno and Trials (and Rocksmith) aren't Might & Magic games, but they're on sale today, so relax. I'm sure we'll get at least BG&E on one of the days.

I already own it, so it must have been cheap at some point.

Jawmuncher

You can copy your library to your external to bypass needing to download everything again, but it's going to be a little inelegant:

- On your external, create a "games" folder and within it create a "steamapps" folder
- Copy your Steam\steamapps\common folder into the steamapps folder you just created
- When using Steam on another system with your external plugged in, click Steam -> Settings -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders -> Add Library Folder and select the "games" folder on you external
- Install any games you wish; provided the installations that you copied to your external are up-to-date, Steam should simply discover the existing data and not actually download anything

Follow these instructions and you're set.
Don't do what I did and try to have steam read both locations especially after copying games from the main HDD to the external. That's just a headache and can cause some games to get deleted. This method is flawless.

5 was considered worst in series until people had shitload of uplay related problems with 6th. That's the reason I still haven't played 6th inspite of owning it for a long time. I really hope they fixed it during that time.

and if you don't have it, buy Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes!

don't buy the DLC though unless you have a friend that wants to play with as no one plays online anymore

the main game itself is fun though

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Also, shoutouts to uraizen for being a sweetheart and leaving me a copy of the Hexcells bundle this morning. <3 Going to lose so many hours twisting my brain once I get to Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom