• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Go at it.
t1392921792z1.png

Participating for Dysfuntional Systems. Thanks for the giveaway no matter if I win it or not. :)

I'm gonna go for Trials Evolution today, always wanted that for Xbox 360!

please please Popcap bundle as humble weekly :(
How long until the Humble Weekly?

Tomodachi

Weird publisher sale, it talks about dailies and yet it doesn't show what these dailies are, just a long list of every ubisoft game and its discount.
Is it confirmed that Anno 2070 is one of them? Do you think it will be 35% off tomorrow? I need some time to ponder >_>

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Weird publisher sale, it talks about dailies and yet it doesn't show what these dailies are, just a long list of every ubisoft game and its discount.
Is it confirmed that Anno 2070 is one of them? Do you think it will be 35% off tomorrow? I need some time to ponder >_>

There's a 24 hour timer on Anno, so I'm pretty sure it will go down to 35% tomorrow

There's a big ad that says the franchise on sale, then list more at the bottom that aren't a part of the franchise at 75% off...

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

If you click on the image in the scrolling header that shows you what franchise is on sale that particular day, you get a list of only the games on full discount. Clicking the header at the top sends you to the list of every Ubi game discounted.

Anno 2070 is 75% off today.

Pachimari

I think all the 75% ones should be the dailies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Follow these instructions and you're set.
Don't do what I did and try to have steam read both locations especially after copying games from the main HDD to the external. That's just a headache and can cause some games to get deleted. This method is flawless.

Symbolic links can do the trick if you're spreading your library across different drives on the one system. Copying just the common folder rather than the entire steamapps folder is necessary when you're dealing with more than one Steam installation because the manifest files that tell Steam where to look for data will lead nowhere unless you can guarantee drive letter consistency; if not (e.g. your external might be drive F on one system but drive H on another) you'll just encounter the "missing executable" error if you try to run anything, whereas reinstalling the games and letting Steam "discover" the data generates new manifest files that point it in the right direction.

wish Steam would make it so can choose which drive to install a pre-load on, until then I can't pre-load since I have all my games on a separate SSD from my system drive

Move your depotcache folder to a different drive and drop a symbolic link to it in your Steam folder.

Backlogger

I feel like I am buying 5-6 bundles a week lately. I think I have a problem.

Edit: I hope that for this Ubi sale that Driver: SF goes to at least 75% off. I'd really like to offload my xBox copy and just have it on Steam.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was this close to buying Hero Siege on Indiegamestand without checking my account, and it turns out I already have it. Looks like I reached that point...

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Playing Planescape: Torment. I think I'm about 2 hours in.
Every zombie had a unique description and history, I met somebody disguised as a zombie, he told me about the portal to get out of the mortuary and I told the old Dustman who knows you about him. I don't know I did the right thing. I talked with the monster-woman, that made me look more human, I wonder what would have happened if I chose to make the zombie guy make me look more like a zombie. I had to snap 2/3 Dustmen's necks because they didn't believe me when I told them I was there for a delivery and almost alerted the guards (the others did though), a memory almost came back but I didn't have enough intelligence I guess. I found something inside the head of a skeleton. Destroyed one the giant skeleton using a rune book I had found upstairs. The other two kicked my ass so I had to reload. Talked with my lover's ghost who helped me escape. Tricked a Dustmen into opening the front gate for me, but I escaped through the portal anyway. As soon as I was out I ended up in a fight because I talked to a thug. I was able to kill 3 of them, but one flew (the same one who initiated combat). Yep.

Oh, I played some Tomb Raider too.
Shit blew up.

Sub Zero

So GAF, Anno & Settlers 7(when it hits -75%) or Banished that will cost roughly the same?

valouris

ModBot said:
Instructions for valouris:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-FBEA985925148ADE - Taken by mr_tc

Here you go guys. I forgot to include any rules, so go nuts.

Evrain

Ghosts free weekend. plus 50% discount. Hell is going to freeze, tonight...

EDIT: 30 gigabytes??? Are you kidding me, Activision?

Sub Zero

Depends on how much you hate uPlay and how much it hates you, I guess?

I'm not a fan of uPlay but I don't hate it either. Both games apparently have always online DRM like HoMM but that's not really a big issue for me

Turfster

Humble Adventure Company & Friends bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Dead Reefs (Not steam)
  • Mystery Series: A Vampire Tale (Not steam)
  • Safecracker
  • Aura
TIER 2: 6$
  • Dark Fall
  • Dark Fall 2
  • Book of Unwritten Tales
  • Book of Unwritten Tales: Critter Chronicles
  • Jack Keane 2
  • Deponia
  • Edna & Harvey: The Breakout
TIER 3: 15$
  • The Raven